watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Obafemi kick on Rico?

Started by Skatzoffc, November 26, 2018, 12:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Did anyone see Obafemi kick Rico as he jumped high to collect the ball over his head on saturday?

It happened late in the game. Some of our defenders had a go at Obafemi, (one was restrained by another fulham player).
So they were upset about something. Rico goes down injured afterwards.

It can only be seen once on motd but there is another player in the way so is not clear cut. The replay cuts off too early.
I'm hoping there will be a different angle in the highlights on the website.

Just wondered if anyone can confirm it from the view in the Putney end?

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Nero

looked like he just jumped into him and Rico went down just time wasting,

MJG

From where I was in the JH stand it didnt look much. Gave Rico a chance to waste some time and SJ a chance to get a booking.
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

I thought there was a trailing elbow into Rico's left ribs as afters and that is what at least two Fulham players seemed to complain about,.  Absolutely amazed at the time Obafemi wasn't booked.

ffc73

Quote from: Nero on November 26, 2018, 12:54:30 PM
looked like he just jumped into him and Rico went down just time wasting,

From the back of H7 in the Hammersmith my view was remote but it looked like "game management" on our part to waste a few more seconds and disrupt play & any Southampton momentum

Syd Cupp

From what i saw on the TV (streamed game) it was a coming together Obafemi caught Rico in the ribs.
Rico then made the most of it and as FFC73 says it was just "game management" to waste time.

Carborundum

Didn't look much to me. 

One area where Rico is definitely an upgrade on Bettinelli is the artfulness of his time wasting.  Betts would have had a yellow during those last ten minutes, but Rico has a repertoire. The slow jog to get a ball from the corner that he knew was going to be placed for him by an opponent was terrific.  Just meant he could slow jog back to where it was placed.

I'm not sure he really got kicked and it may be that Johansens reaction was all part of the cover story.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Carborundum on November 26, 2018, 02:57:21 PM
Didn't look much to me. 

One area where Rico is definitely an upgrade on Bettinelli is the artfulness of his time wasting.  Betts would have had a yellow during those last ten minutes, but Rico has a repertoire. The slow jog to get a ball from the corner that he knew was going to be placed for him by an opponent was terrific.  Just meant he could slow jog back to where it was placed.

I'm not sure he really got kicked and it may be that Johansens reaction was all part of the cover story.

lol

I thought Rico was quite clever at it tbh.
I like him. He kept us on for the win with his second half saves.

I'm in Hammy end so it was difficult to see.
I believe StefJo got a booking tho.

snarks

Obefemi did get booked for his challenge tho' so the ref obviously took SJ's pushing and snarling in to account before booking them both.

filham

With all due respect to Betts I think Rico has now established himself as our first choice keeper.

BarryP

From TV it looked like Obafemi went into Rico leading with his shoulder or elbow with no attempt to play the ball.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Skatzoffc

Good spot Snarks.

I didn't realise Obafemi was booked at the same time StefJo picked up the yellow.