watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Programme notes

Started by Riversider, November 26, 2018, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

On Saturday I bought a programme for the first time in ages, and can I just say actually what a decent programme we produce now, it's the size of a Thomson local and very good value,
Two things in particular caught my eye, firstly an article by Tom Cairney, in which he says "Training has been good under the new boss, there's been a lot more tactical work and focus on shape"
Now then, in his desire to heap praise on Claudio has he inadvertently had a dig at Slavisa ?
Did we not work on tactics on focus on shape under Slavisa ?
Seemed a strange thing for Tom to pick out for me, he could have said that there has been greater intensity in training , or that there has been a positive feel, the kind of things that you would expect with the arrival of a new manager but not tactics and shape necessarily,
Anyway nice to see that his injury has cleared up with the arrival of Claudio and good to see that his fitness levels are back to where they should be, for the first time this season,

The second thing that caught my eye, and is a bit concerning is that Mitrovic is only one booking away from a suspension, if you had to pick one game for him to miss between now and the end of the year, which would it be ?

As a side note, if Bryan, Anguissa and McDonald are all available to start on Sunday, then I believe that we are going to give Chelsea a bit of a shock and a much tougher game than they might have been expecting a week or two ago 👍🏻
Come on you super Whites ⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on November 26, 2018, 02:58:08 PM
On Saturday I bought a programme for the first time in ages, and can I just say actually what a decent programme we produce now, it's the size of a Thomson local and very good value,
Two things in particular caught my eye, firstly an article by Tom Cairney, in which he says "Training has been good under the new boss, there's been a lot more tactical work and focus on shape"
Now then, in his desire to heap praise on Claudio has he inadvertently had a dig at Slavisa ?
Did we not work on tactics on focus on shape under Slavisa ?
Seemed a strange thing for Tom to pick out for me, he could have said that there has been greater intensity in training , or that there has been a positive feel, the kind of things that you would expect with the arrival of a new manager but not tactics and shape necessarily,
Anyway nice to see that his injury has cleared up with the arrival of Claudio and good to see that his fitness levels are back to where they should be, for the first time this season,

The second thing that caught my eye, and is a bit concerning is that Mitrovic is only one booking away from a suspension, if you had to pick one game for him to miss between now and the end of the year, which would it be ?

As a side note, if Bryan, Anguissa and McDonald are all available to start on Sunday, then I believe that we are going to give Chelsea a bit of a shock and a much tougher game than they might have been expecting a week or two ago 👍🏻
Come on you super Whites ⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪
Sess has also said  "Our body language today was down to everything that the gaffer's done since he's come in. He's changed a lot of things in terms of we eat together and we leave together now.  Before we used to just come up to the canteen and when you finished, you'd just go. Now you can't leave until everyone's finished. I think it's about keeping that team bonding and everyone together.  The warm-ups we do in training are all together, too. We have to follow each other in a line or in patterns. Little things like that help on the pitch."

Re Mitro's possible suspension, our December games are in order, Chelsea, Leicester, Man U, W Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Huddersfield.   So if he does pick up a card in that lot, I'd choose Leicester so that he misses Man U.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

It will be good news if Anguissa and McDonald are fit for the Chelsea match but would Ranieri change his winning team to give either of them a start.

Twig

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2018, 06:37:50 PM
It will be good news if Anguissa and McDonald are fit for the Chelsea match but would Ranieri change his winning team to give either of them a start.

The only change I would make would be to bench Seri, drop TC deeper where his passing range seems more effective and play either Ayite or Kebano higher up off Mitro in the role TC played on Saturday.

Statto

I'm a big fan of Jokanovic but even I never saw tactics as his strong point. He only knew one formation and his subs and intra-game changes were hit and miss. I suspect training was dominated by practising one touch passing, movement, triangles and such like.

Whereas with Ranieri, you can already see the team being drilled into a more rigid 4-4-2 where everyone knows where they're supposed to be. Like the Hodgson days.