watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Mitro be rested on Sunday?

Started by SP, November 26, 2018, 11:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Currently on 4 bookings, think we'd miss him badly against Leicester?

JoelH5

Not in a million years. Chelsea's main weakness is their ability in the air at the back. Mitro is one of the best attackers in the air. He will get chances to get headers off. 
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

the nutflush

The suggestion just shows how lean our backup striker options are at the moment though.

Mince n Tatties

We could recall Cauley,he's scored last two games. :003:

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 27, 2018, 06:49:05 AM
didn't we sell cauley in the summer.

davew

That sounds like a plan Mince but no Mitro has to play or we might as well field a team of youngsters!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham 442

In a word no.  Without him Sunday we would have absolutely no hope instead of a slim one!

Bassey the warrior

No and we need to sign a backup striker in Jan, Kamara not the answer.

Moltobueno

Keep his momentum going,  can't see why wouldn't he score another 2 goals  :dft012:

Southcoastffc

Quote from: hovewhite on November 27, 2018, 07:41:03 AM
didn't we sell cauley in the summer.
Cauley Woodrow has left the Club to join League One side Barnsley. The 23-year-old has initially agreed a loan deal with the Tykes, which will be made permanent in January.  (from the club site)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bill2

Neutral Zone Ultra

I like to think we're not going to roll over and submit to the scum next weekend so I f•••ing hope not!

filham

No way, if we lose 1-4 the pleasure we would all get from an early Mitrovic goal is enormous.
If we leave Mitovic out it means we have surrendered so we may as well just field a reserve side.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on November 27, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
No way, if we lose 1-4 the pleasure we would all get from an early Mitrovic goal is enormous.
If we leave Mitovic out it means we have surrendered so we may as well just field a reserve side.
But taking the OP's point, if we are losing by more than a goal at around, say, 60 -70 minutes, I'd certainly consider taking him off so that he doesn't get a yellow and thus miss the Leicester game.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 27, 2018, 12:11:54 PM
But taking the OP's point, if we are losing by more than a goal at around, say, 60 -70 minutes, I'd certainly consider taking him off so that he doesn't get a yellow and thus miss the Leicester game.
Yes, I would go along with that situation , it would help to ensure his fitness for the Liecester game which is only three days later.
Essential though that Mitrovic is given at least 45 minutes to score against Chelse.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 27, 2018, 12:11:54 PM

I agree with this.

But he must start imo.

Chelsea will be lethargic due to Midweek fixture. But unfortunately we will be too as the 12 noon kick-off's are dreadful imo.

A low scoring draw would suit me just fine.
Mitro 1st goal Natch!

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Fulham 442

Was our last 12 noon start the dreaded one where we lost 1-2 to QPR and missed two penalties?!

KJS

Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 27, 2018, 04:31:36 PM
Was our last 12 noon start the dreaded one where we lost 1-2 to QPR and missed two penalties?!

No it was Home to Arsenal and we lost 1 - 5