watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sol Campbell one of the best players in the world

Started by sunburywhite, November 29, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

BedsFFC

well, he was.

I'm not his biggest fan but wish him no ill and hope a club down on its luck can turn it around. We need some good english managers

bobby01

I think he has caught , Nicolas bendtner syndrome.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MikeTheCubed

If the difference between the Premier League and League Two is mainly just margins and decision making it makes you wonder why there aren't more footballers who've made the step up between the divisions.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: bobby01 on November 29, 2018, 07:28:13 PM
Remember a couple of seasons ago some of our fans actually wanted us to sign that clown? Those WEREN'T the days.

The Rock

I thought he was still playing in the Isthmian League South no?

I Ronic

Those words might come back to haunt him if it all goes tits up!

alfie

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on November 29, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on November 29, 2018, 07:28:13 PM
Remember a couple of seasons ago some of our fans actually wanted us to sign that clown? Those WEREN'T the days.
Why clown?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fulham 442

I hope the dressing room is big enough for his ego

Absolutely Sunbury. I thought his interview on Sky was very disrespectful to Macclesfield.  Basically they're lucky to have him for as long as he honours them with his presence!

MikeW

While I wish him well, Sol's likely undoing will be lack of money for purchases, the lack of a little book crammed with names of likely lads who can perform at this level and, yes, the ego.

Regarding Mr Bendtner, I think he is serving time (albeit on a tag) for beating up a taxi driver in Denmark.  Nothing changes really.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Quote from: MikeW on November 30, 2018, 07:19:31 AM
While I wish him well, Sol's likely undoing will be lack of money for purchases, the lack of a little book crammed with names of likely lads who can perform at this level and, yes, the ego.

Regarding Mr Bendtner, I think he is serving time (albeit on a tag) for beating up a taxi driver in Denmark.  Nothing changes really.

Bendtner was certainly a clown and a steer unpleasant one. Sol was a very good player indeed but whether he has the humility and application to grind out success in the lowest reaches of the bottom division? Let's wait and see. Be good to see a home grown BAME manager come through but the odds are not great.

King_Crud

Quote from: MikeW on November 30, 2018, 07:19:31 AM

he was playing for Rosenbourg last night

snarks

Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 29, 2018, 09:29:58 PM

Absolutely Sunbury. I thought his interview on Sky was very disrespectful to Macclesfield.  Basically they're lucky to have him for as long as he honours them with his presence!

Why, he's applied for loads of Jobs by all accounts, yet Gerrard, Lampard and Barton (who'd just served a ban for illegal betting) all got jobs pretty much straightaway, maybe we should ask why that is first. I think given he had completed his badges, was a very good defender when he played, Maccelsfield are lucky to get him.

MikeW

King-Crud - correction from me - apparently it has 'yet to be decided' when he serves his time.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

sunburywhite

Quote from: snarks on November 30, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

Why, he's applied for loads of Jobs by all accounts, yet Gerrard, Lampard and Barton (who'd just served a ban for illegal betting) all got jobs pretty much straightaway, maybe we should ask why that is first. I think given he had completed his badges, was a very good defender when he played, Maccelsfield are lucky to get him.

If this is an example of his motivational skills its hardly surprising he did not get a job

I have worked for big "I am;s" before and they always end up falling flat on their face

So you have a man who was a great centre half walk into the dressing room and tell a load of players who have 10% of his ability that they are lucky to have him as a manger,

"If you are so good then you play all 11 positions at once"
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Carborundum

Managing is hard.  All sorts of people will set traps for new managers to blunder into, not just the media.  Good luck Sol, good luck any new manager.

Jamie88

The problem with Campbell is he comes across as a complete tit - imo  thats the real reason he hasn't had FL clubs knocking at his door, nothing else. You need more than just being a top player in your youth to getting a job, part of the interview process is "does this guy seem like a dickhead, and if he does, I'm not sure I want to employ him".

Woolly Mammoth

I was listening to him rabbiting on like an old hen, and I thought no player with any brain would want to play for him.
I shall give him until the end of the season, however, he may be gone before then when Macclesfield Town realise they have drawn the short straw, or in his case the last straw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jimpav

Quote from: Jamie88 on November 30, 2018, 10:27:43 AM

The problem with Campbell is he comes across as a complete tit - imo  thats the real reason he hasn't had FL clubs knocking at his door, nothing else. You need more than just being a top player in your youth to getting a job, part of the interview process is "does this guy seem like a dickhead, and if he does, I'm not sure I want to employ him".

Exactly this. Campbell was a great player at his peak, but hasn't always come across as the soundest person off-field.

Post football all the talk was about him trying to break into Hollywood rather than stay in the game.

Good luck to him and Macclesfield, it will be interesting to see how this pans out.