watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Half & Half Scarves

Started by SP, December 02, 2018, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

There is no Premiership Football in England, only Premier League, there is Premiership Rugby though.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Love to know how many non partisan fans turn up and pay for a ticket and the half and half scarf. Part of football is being biased towards one team or another. Even when watching two teams you have no interest in you tend to either go for the underdog or the ones who look like the underdog. Still the scarves have been going a long time so there must be a profit in it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

I cant see a problem with the scarfs, I bought one when I went to Basel away in the Europa as a Souvenir of the trip....I might have looked like a tourist although my Fulham shirt may have given away I wasn't. Wish I had one from the Final now!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

TheWhiteBaron

I have only one half and  half scarf. One half says Fulham, the other half says Juventus. Glad to own it. :yay:

The Enclosurite

Slightly off topic but....

www.lcfc.com/news/925067/free-cheer-sticks-for-supporters-travelling-to-fulham

What's a cheer stick?
¡COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Enclosurite on December 04, 2018, 11:46:30 PM

What's a cheer stick?

Good question,
Well as far as I can understand, and I know very little, but they appear to be Short Stick, that make a noise,  some can be inflated, some glow in the dark, I am looking for one that you can eat if you get hungry and doubles up as a pint of beer myself.

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

What's a cheer stick?
All I can establish is that they are inflatable.

Please could someone at the club arrange for the half time music to include "Hit me with your rhythm stick" by Ian Dury and the Blockheads

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2018, 09:05:37 AM

What's a cheer stick?

Good question,
Well as far as I can understand, and I know very little, but they appear to be Short Stick, that make a noise,  some can be inflated, some glow in the dark, I am looking for one that you can eat if you get hungry and doubles up as a pint of beer myself.

A beer stick!!   :beer:
¡COYW!

Stevieboy

C'mon now, sounding like a load of grumpy old men.
We don't have to buy them so what is the problem, if a 'tourist' buys one then at least he is taking us wherever he goes and not just buying the 'global glamour' brand.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif.  ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

KJS

Personally I believe they should only be available for European Games

cookieg

Other than the Europa  league scarves aren't these usually sold by the chavs on the street? In this case the club doesn't get any money at all.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Stevieboy on December 05, 2018, 09:51:13 AM
C'mon now, sounding like a load of grumpy old men.
We don't have to buy them so what is the problem, if a 'tourist' buys one then at least he is taking us wherever he goes and not just buying the 'global glamour' brand.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif.  ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

But but but we are grumpy old men, well I am anyway.

Never forget your Roots.

Dixie

Quote from: Chesh on December 04, 2018, 08:32:13 AM
It's quite obvious that they are for tourists perhaps taking in a Premier League game and want a reminder souvenir of their game. You must realise fans of neither club would buy them - therefore it's a non-issue

Exactly what i was going to say!

We have so, so much bigger things to concern ourselves with.

Surely we've all been a tourist and visited a game somewhere that didn't involve Fulham? I was at Sparta Prague v Bratislava a few years back and picked up a Sparta shirt as a souvenir...
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Westlondonffc

I thought singing "you're just a ground full of tourists" was a bit rich coming from us really. We might not be as bad as Chelsea but we are going that way