watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Lead contractor

Started by Riversider, December 04, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

No evidence that it's not going to happen? Just the usual cynics out of the woodwork again.

Southdowns White

We definitely need to expand our capacity for every type of paying supporter from the cheap seats to the corporate hospitality big spenders. We are years behind some clubs in terms of comfort and amenities in all areas.  If you have sampled corporate hospitality or supporters lounges at other grounds then you know it makes sense as there is plenty of money to be made from these areas and not just on match day. If by any chance some of this income can help reduce the prices for the cheaper areas in the ground then I am all for it.
I sit in the Hammersmith end, I am not one of the big spenders when it comes to watching football but accept there is a big market for people who want to pay large amounts for an experience. Football has evolved and left some people behind, Some might say this is not fair on normal old school supporters but I think you need to put lots of the blame on Sky TV, ridiculous hype and the premiership taking the money. Football is no more exciting than it was before, to simplify matters players are not more skilled just fitter, have better diets and are paid too much, football has lost lots of the atmosphere on matchdays some say for better as some of the bad elements have also gone, a different class of supporter is now attending, we can either stay as we are and fall even further behind or provide facilities suitable for the 21st century supporters and the survival of our club.

Shredhead

As an example of the types of thing Spuds will be getting - cushioned seats, wifi and charging points in every seat, a craft brewery and an onsite bakers!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Woolly Mammoth

Not forgetting a Hammock in Standing Areas.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

sunburywhite

Take all the seats out and have everyone standing then we can get 49,335 in like we did against Milwall in 1938
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fernhurst

Football has evolved and left some people behind

Yep  093.gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 04, 2018, 08:26:37 PM
Take all the seats out and have everyone standing then we can get 49,335 in like we did against Milwall in 1938

Those were the days, when men were men and women loved them for it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

I am still searcning for my Tribly hat I threw up in the air after our goal againt Woolwich Arsenal
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

One my favourite posters (Wayne Kerrins - shame he doesn't seem to post on here any more) put it perfectly a while ago IMO, when he said the Riverside Stand was the "litmus test" for Khan's ownership.

That quote was about 2 years ago but it's as true now as it was then. In 4.5 yrs Khan's impact on the pitch has been neutral (turning us from a poor PL team into... a poor PL team) and off the pitch, the grand sum of his achievements has been the acquisition of an overgrown field next to the training ground.

He has had ample time to get this project underway, thus far choosing instead to tear up MAF's design and pick his own, then tear up his own design and do it all over again.

I've no strong view as to whether it will happen - on balance I think it probably will - but surely we're now only months away from knowing whether Khan passes the biggest test of all, and where he lies on the Clay-Mo scale.

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on December 04, 2018, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 04, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
Quote from: Baszab on December 04, 2018, 09:33:19 AM
I hope not ....I like my seats where they are
(Or is that too NIMBY)

Your seats will be roughly in the same position?
probably at double the cost
100% correct also Khan will fleece all existing S/t holders next season so all who renew good luck  there's most of the users on sites like this I think can afford it.

Riversider

Quote from: hovewhite on December 04, 2018, 10:05:35 PM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

100% correct also Khan will fleece all existing S/t holders next season so all who renew good luck  there's most of the users on sites like this I think can afford it.

And you've made that gigantic assumption how ?

KJS

Quote from: Riversider on December 04, 2018, 07:45:22 AM
According to the F.S.T , an announcement is due before December 10th as to who the Lead Contractor will be,
Does anybody on here still believe that The Riverside Stand is going to be pulled down 5 months from now ?
I genuinely can't see it happening,  and would absolutely love to be proved wrong,
The next few days should tell us.

Yes it will be pulled down and replaced as planned and about time too!!

MJG

(Or is that too NIMBY)

do you really expect a ST say for the JH stand that cost £519 pre final to goto above £1000?
Just the views of a long term fan

Skatzoffc

I expect Riverside seats to be sat in the Putney end and the away fans allocation will be lowered durle to a lowering of overall capacity.

Might be a bit more cosy buy what's wrong with that? :-)
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

KJS

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2018, 07:26:42 AM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

do you really expect a ST say for the JH stand that cost £519 pre final to goto above £1000?

If they do then it will backfire big time on the club!

MJG

Quote from: KJS on December 05, 2018, 01:36:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2018, 07:26:42 AM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

If they do then it will backfire big time on the club!
Of course it will and thats why when people talk about doubling the cost next season i challenge it because I dont think they are that stupid.
Just the views of a long term fan