watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Lead contractor

Started by Riversider, December 04, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

According to the F.S.T , an announcement is due before December 10th as to who the Lead Contractor will be,
Does anybody on here still believe that The Riverside Stand is going to be pulled down 5 months from now ?
I genuinely can't see it happening,  and would absolutely love to be proved wrong,
The next few days should tell us.

fulhamben

5 months is a long time, and surely everything else would have already been sorted by the architect.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillingdonFFC

I'm with you on that one. Personally think Its vital for any long term ambition & security at Craven Cottage that this gets built. It drives me insane when you see people saying its not needed, cant sell out as it is, empty seats in the championship blah blah blah. That completely misses the point.
Our facilities are not fit for purpose for a top flight football club, let alone one in one the most affluent areas in England. Chuck in the all the years of planning to get to this stage, are people saying we mothball this & start the whole convoluted process all over again in a few years time?

Looks like the old stalling tactics will be rolled out again, heard there was talks with contractors in the last few days but no decision. Also rumours of half season tickets being released which wasnt supposed to be happening due to problems relocating STHs while the stand was being developed.
Hope I'm wrong but reckon the whole thing is starting to look a bit doubtful.

Baszab

I hope not ....I like my seats where they are
(Or is that too NIMBY)

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Baszab on December 04, 2018, 09:33:19 AM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

Your seats will be roughly in the same position?

fulhamben

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 04, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

probably at double the cost

filham

It is rather like the Archers, seems to have been with us for a long time and could go on even longer.

Jimpav

If they have planning permission, an architect and a contractor by 10 December then I don't see what the issue is.

The Khans made a statement of intent in the transfer window and with their recent managerial appointments, you may have also noticed that theyre not short of a few quid.

As the other poster pointed out the improved facilities will pay for themselves. More expensive seats/season tickets, corporate hospitality, non-match day functions.

Put it this way, if you could choose to have a corporate training day at a former Dog track or overlooking one of the prettiest parts of the Thame, then where would you choose?

MJG

Taking away all the politics about will they wont they build it, the one thing I have never really understood is fans who say we dont need it and should not build it.

Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2018, 10:20:28 AM
Taking away all the politics about will they wont they build it, the one thing I have never really understood is fans who say we dont need it and should not build it.

yep, makes no sense. Arsenal expanded, spurs expanded, Chelsea expanded and wanted to go further, until Roman got denied a visa.westham are going to have second biggest stadium in the country, hell even Brentford are expanding. QPR have been trying for decades, yet some still want us to fall behind

Steven Ageroad

Surely it's down to Mr Khan whether he signs it all off or not. I think he's waiting to see which division we are in next season!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on December 04, 2018, 10:24:17 AM

yep, makes no sense. Arsenal expanded, spurs expanded, Chelsea expanded and wanted to go further, until Roman got denied a visa.westham are going to have second biggest stadium in the country, hell even Brentford are expanding. QPR have been trying for decades, yet some still want us to fall behind

Palace are starting work on their new 13,500 stand in the next year too taking Selhurst Park up to 34,500. Even Charlton have planning permission approved to extend the Valley to 40k but some of our lot dont want it? Mind boggling stuff
Lets just stand still while nearly every other London club are looking to increase capacity & improve facilities

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 04, 2018, 09:35:27 AM
(Or is that too NIMBY)

Yes they will still be facing the pitch, I can assure you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I am with you on this one, definitely need to build it, whether we stay up go down or move sideways.
Otherwise we will get left behind.
We will still retain our charm and unique image, after it is built.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 04, 2018, 11:20:14 AM
Surely it's down to Mr Khan whether he signs it all off or not. I think he's waiting to see which division we are in next season!

Whatever Division we are in should not influence any decision. It needs to be built sooner rather than later, as the costs will not stand still.

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Definitely happening - you can tell from the recent changes in the Putney End where they've put loads more wheelchair places in. Obviously to accommodate those who will be moved from the Riverside during construction.
I like the new lights too - pitch a lot brighter at night.

toshes mate

Apparently a formal announcement of the lead contractor is expected to happen just before the FST meeting taking place this month.

Riversider

Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 04, 2018, 11:49:13 AM
Definitely happening - you can tell from the recent changes in the Putney End where they've put loads more wheelchair places in. Obviously to accommodate those who will be moved from the Riverside during construction.

Very good point, you might have hit on something there,
Hope you are right 👍🏻

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on December 04, 2018, 03:04:02 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on December 04, 2018, 11:49:13 AM

Very good point, you might have hit on something there,
Hope you are right 👍🏻
I dont want to bring you down, but that was all to do with PL regulations on the number of Disabled spaces within our stadium which was below the required level.
Just the views of a long term fan

Shredhead

I was talking to a bloke on the tube to the play-off final who said he worked for the company that would  be project manageing, designing or building it. The new architects are same people doing the Spuds ground(!). He was in Khan's entourage so I believed him. He said possible options for Riversiders were moving to the Putney End or us groundsharing with the Hahas, preferably the first.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC