watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts speaks about life at Girona

Started by sunburywhite, December 04, 2018, 08:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarkey

He must look at Ryan and see what chances Sess has had and how he is one of the Prem's rising stars. That could have been him with FFC

filham

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2018, 10:57:12 AM
Quote from: filham on December 05, 2018, 10:54:07 AM
Let us get Roberts back in the January window, I am sure he would do a better job than Seri.
Different positions for a start so not sure what job it is you want, Roberts at bottom of a diamond like Seri played Sunday?
We tended to play Roberts on the wing but I always felt he would develop into a midfield playmaker.
I really rated Roberts and thought he was the most promising young player we had seen since Haynes but it is now looking as if we did well to take the money for him.

Sting of the North

Let us get Roberts back in the January window, I am sure he would do a better job than Seri.
Different positions for a start so not sure what job it is you want, Roberts at bottom of a diamond like Seri played Sunday?

I am pretty sure that he doesn't care as long as he can complain about Seri. I guess the other 15 threads weren't enough.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
We tended to play Roberts on the wing but I always felt he would develop into a midfield playmaker.
I really rated Roberts and thought he was the most promising young player we had seen since Haynes but it is now looking as if we did well to take the money for him.

I agree here, in the sense that he was an immense talent. Not convinced yet that we did the right thing however. Roberts played well at Celtic, but was also out injured for a long time. Still young, so wouldn't write him off just yet.

MJG

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
I always liked Roberts and he should be doing better. The deal worked well for both of us given that Symons was not his greatest fan and we needed the money to spend.
Just the views of a long term fan

BedsFFC

I think Patrick has done absolutely the right thing in his career.

He is a young man with special talent. The life experience he will get at a young age playing in a foreign country will be fantastic for him as a young man.

I just dont agree with the view that young players should stay in England and try and get a place in the Premiership. That's what they all do. Go away for a couple of years and develop as a human being. Far better than banging round the fringes of the bloated premiership ony starting in the Caraboa cup.

Sadly, I have no problem him leaving Fulham as we were a basket case of a club when he was breaking through

MJG

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2018, 01:52:37 PM

He is a young man with special talent. The life experience he will get at a young age playing in a foreign country will be fantastic for him as a young man.

I just dont agree with the view that young players should stay in England and try and get a place in the Premiership. That's what they all do. Go away for a couple of years and develop as a human being. Far better than banging round the fringes of the bloated premiership ony starting in the Caraboa cup.

Sadly, I have no problem him leaving Fulham as we were a basket case of a club when he was breaking through
I 100% agree on the going abroad bit. Its good to see the drip drip of youngsters trying their hand in Europe.
Just the views of a long term fan

Carborundum

Completely agree with you.  In my twenties I was fortunate to find an opportunity to work in another country.  Pay was so-so and the work was tough going for a year or so.  But I learned so much about myself and the place I came from as well as the place I was in.  In contrast this young man is being paid a shed load to play football. If only I could have followed such a disappointing path.

The striker we will face tonight was playing for Stockbridge Park Steels at 21.  There's all sorts of routes to maximised potential.

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 05, 2018, 11:58:02 AM

I am pretty sure that he doesn't care as long as he can complain about Seri. I guess the other 15 threads weren't enough.
Sorry, I really didn't realise I was carrying on so much about Seri. I assure you it is down to disappointment. He arrived with a good reputation and in his early games for us really played well, I thought we had a little gem in the team.

I just wish he would show that early form again.

If he plays tonight I will have " I love Seri Night" and cheer his every move. I really want him to come good.

Twig

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2018, 02:15:13 PM

I 100% agree on the going abroad bit. Its good to see the drip drip of youngsters trying their hand in Europe.

Agree with you both, more of our talented youngsters need to experience some time overseas. I can see how foreign players come to the UK (not only the prem) and benefit. The reverse is equally true. And I also agree that it is great personal development. Living and working abroad broadens the horizons.

Twig

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

Sorry, I really didn't realise I was carrying on so much about Seri. I assure you it is down to disappointment. He arrived with a good reputation and in his early games for us really played well, I thought we had a little gem in the team.

If he plays tonight I will have " I love Seri Night" and cheer his every move. I really want him to come good.

Well said. And I also agree with that assessment.

Statto

Sadly, I agree

Whilst I can sympathise with his wish to leave Fulham, I still think he must have made poor career choices since then

In fact none of Dembele, Hyndman or Roberts look significantly better now than they did in 2014, and that is tragic because they all had the potential to be world class but clearly, none of them ever will

Dembele has at least scored goals but in second-rate leagues - the Championship, SPL and now Ligue 1. Whether he can do the business in the PL, Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga is no clearer now than it was in 2014.

Roberts has at least moved to decent league but only for a bang average team, in which he appears to be struggling. Again, looks to have totally stagnated over the last 4 years.

Hyndman has similarly found himself playing for poor teams in poor leagues and not blazing any trails even at that level.

Very disappointing for all of them and in total contrast to Sessegnon, who's improving year-on-year, testing himself at the highest level, and still has world class status within his reach

sunburywhite

Quote from: filham on December 05, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

How is your I love Seri night?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me