watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is wrong with me?

Started by pontrumlee, December 05, 2018, 11:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pontrumlee

The last couple of years I have found it very difficult to be down after a result like today. Obviously given our injuries it was a good performance but in years gone by I would have been fuming and dwelling on it for hours, days even. But lately Norwich, Bristol Rovers, Wednesday and now today. I find it frustrating but I get over it very quickly.

I'm worried that I'm getting old! Am I just more mature about it all now or do I not care as much? I genuinely don't know why the wins we throw away and defeats don't bother me that much anymore.

I'm a bit worried to be honest lol

Woolly Mammoth

I have had the same symptoms, but I went to see a Vet who straightened me out, and like the bloke who invented the rear view mirror, I never looked back.
But it's not the end of the world, it just feels like it.
These days I do not take it as seriously as I use to, not with all this cheating and diving and feigning injury, and referees and linesmen bottling decisions in favour of certain clubs. Obscene money earner by mediocre players, obscene money earned by mediocre pundits.
Players these days in the top flight don't know they are born.
But one day the financial bubble will burst, and many clubs built on sand will collapse like a pack of cards.
Nothing lasts forever.
Enjoy it while you can, but never let it upset you for too long, you have to put it into prospective.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

A defat still lingers with me for a few days although this season it is becoming the norm and maybe I am adjusting a little.
Perhaps I too should visit Woolly's vet.

Don't worry about getting old, remember there is only one alternative.

nose returns

I do not think a vet is the answer or age the problem

The team has underperformed this season for a variety of reasons and so the expectation  bar has been substantially lowered. Losing by two to chelsea was seen as a sort of moral victory because had they really but their back into it they could have been out of sight by half time. 2 0 therefore was not to bad.... hence not feeling to dispirited. I was insensensed after the liverpool game because the ref/linesman contrived to kill us... chelsea was inevitable.... tonight is a different proverbial issue.

Sinjun

Nothing to worry about, it's an age thing where you put football into perspective. It's just a game. I've been going to the Cottage for 50 years and now I'm not bothered one way or the other, I just enjoy watching football in a very pleasant atmosphere and at a beautiful football ground.

KJS

Quote from: Sinjun on December 05, 2018, 01:15:37 PM
Nothing to worry about, it's an age thing where you put football into perspective. It's just a game. I've been going to the Cottage for 50 years and now I'm not bothered one way or the other, I just enjoy watching football in a very pleasant atmosphere and at a beautiful football ground.

Too True and also what ever the result we personally can't do anything to change it

Lighthouse

I remember when we lost 5-1 at home to Notts County. I was unable to make it into work for a few days. My manager apparently said that a Doctors note would not be forthcoming as the (expletive) is suffering from Fulham Flu.

Nowadays a poor result or performance hangs about but as I am miserable anyway there is little change. Oh but the joy when a good result comes along. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimsbeerbelly

I'm usually quite passionate, will have the hump for a week when we lose, however, this hasn't been the case in the Premiership, especially this time around. Not sure if it's how we started, or, whether I've just adapted the same attitude as the Club, and can't be bothered. I'd honestly not blink an eyelid if we were relegated. Sad, I know..