Team in v Leicester City

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 05, 2018, 06:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: humussapiens on December 05, 2018, 06:58:53 PM
Strange line up, looks like SJ is still in charge :)  Midfield seems weak, but hope for the best.
Exactly m8!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 07:06:38 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2018, 07:05:19 PM
I know this may be looked upon as a minor detail, but who is Captain.
I am!!

Make sure you hide that gin bottle. I'm sure you'll see red if you bring it on the pitch, Dave. LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

GJB

Mitro is captain according to the official twitter.

PartizanFC

give some link for serbian fan,lol

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 05, 2018, 06:49:56 PM
No Vardy, Maguire, Evans or Ghezzal
Maybe why our team selection is why it is what it is (surprising). All out attack, we are going to win by 4 or lose by 6, caution to the wind!!

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 07:05:58 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on December 05, 2018, 06:48:29 PM
Not sure what to say...
He is doing it the Joka way, wholesale changes, so Joka's method was right then?? If this goes pear shaped tonight as it may well do, it will almost look like match fixing!

Well, he left the 6 most defensive players the same for the third straight game (fourth if you count the Liverpool game is it?). As I recall, most complains against Joka was the constant changes to the defenders.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 07:10:50 PM
Maybe why our team selection is why it is what it is (surprising). All out attack, we are going to win by 4 or lose by 6, caution to the wind!!

I would then prefer winning by 4, since losing by 6 would be bad for my health.

davew

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 05, 2018, 07:08:38 PM
Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 07:06:38 PM
I am!!
LOL, good advice, I will heed it, certainly tonight will be very interesting especially playing with almost no midfield!

Make sure you hide that gin bottle. I'm sure you'll see red if you bring it on the pitch, Dave. LOL

alfie

Goodness me why do we jump to conclusions, just maybe Cairney has a niggle, and will bring him on if necessary, same with Schurrle.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Brawn

I don't mind that, actually. I assumed that Claudio thinks Cairney won't work in a midfield two, although I confess I would have dropped Seri and left TC in. I'm glad he isn't chopping and changing the back four, though. That's one of the problems Slav had. I presume Schurrle is still not 100% otherwise he should be on the right instead of AK47.

Matt10

Good lineup. Some questions hopefully to be answered with seeing Vietto for the first time. Then AK starting should boost his confidence. He and Christie have played that side before. Think AK and Vietto will be able to interchange as well. The key is if Vietto can hold onto the ball the same way Cairney can. I put in my matchup between Seri and Mendy (former Nice players) , so hopefully Seri can find his confidence and form against a familir face.

I am pretty sure we have some players who need to rest considering we have Man United on Saturday. Expect early subs and Cairney/Schurrle to make an appearance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 07:10:50 PM
It looks like the result will be 6 4.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on December 05, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
Good lineup. Some questions hopefully to be answered with seeing Vietto for the first time. Then AK starting should boost his confidence. He and Christie have played that side before. Think AK and Vietto will be able to interchange as well. The key is if Vietto can hold onto the ball the same way Cairney can. I put in my matchup between Seri and Mendy (former Nice players) , so hopefully Seri can find his confidence and form against a familir face.

I am pretty sure we have some players who need to rest considering we have Man United on Saturday. Expect early subs and Cairney/Schurrle to make an appearance.
I thought some players were being rested Sunday to play tonight, look forward to reading your match/player analysis Matt10, always a good read and normally I agree with most of what you write!

St Eve

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2018, 07:17:26 PM
Goodness me why do we jump to conclusions, just maybe Cairney has a niggle, and will bring him on if necessary, same with Schurrle.

That makes sense and maybe he is looking for speed and players with 2 legs

One James stannard

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2018, 07:17:26 PM

:54:

Neil D

Mitro

Bassey the warrior

Midfield looks lightweight to me. I like the trio of Cairney, Seri and Chambers. Maybe as has been alluded to, Cairney is not fit to play so many games in quick succession. On the bright side we have lots of pace in Kamara, Sess and Vietto which can only be a good thing. Come on you whites!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 05, 2018, 07:06:28 PM
To me, the only reason to sit TC is fitness. Schurrle, on the other hand, needs to demonstrate he understands tracking back. Course. AK47 doesn't do much of it either but at least he bumps people.
AK might need to do a fair bit of bumping tonight with Chillwell overlapping down our right side.

Neil D

So, Vietto to play just behind Mitro - Cairneys role against Soton? I think that will pay dividends.