watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bottom feeding still

Started by alfie, December 05, 2018, 09:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Huddersfield, Southampton and Burnley, all play there part, and what do we do, can't hold on to a lead.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jimpav

We got a decent point against one of the better teams in the league, conceding only one goal.

There's a lot of positives to take from this match.

AnOldBrownie

Team played well tonight.  Not quite clinical enough but the same can be said about Leicester.

Good effort.

Within 3 points of catching everyone Fulham needs to catch to stay up.

Gotta get at least a point this Saturday.   

Bassey the warrior

Agreed was a good effort, second half passed the ball well. Defended very well by and large but Leicester still had a lot of good chances. It's our finishing that was most disappointing for me. Also worth noting that we were once again though we were most vulnerable down the right, which is a worry. Will need to have another go at signing a quality right back next month.

Matt10

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 05, 2018, 09:51:15 PM
Agreed was a good effort, second half passed the ball well. Defended very well by and large but Leicester still had a lot of good chances. It's our finishing that was most disappointing for me. Also worth noting that we were once again though we were most vulnerable down the right, which is a worry. Will need to have another go at signing a quality right back next month.

We were? I thought the right hand side did quite well to be honest. Shut down Diabete and Chilwell from doing anything at all.

ScalleysDad

it was a decent Leicester side but with so many key players missing it was a chance to really push for three points. We seemed to hit the Leicester players with shots and passes all game which was a waste of possession. The defence must be a nightmare to try and get functioning for a full ninety minutes. Okay its a point but looking at the next few games three would have been better and were there for the taking. 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Matt10 on December 05, 2018, 09:53:29 PM

We were? I thought the right hand side did quite well to be honest. Shut down Diabete and Chilwell from doing anything at all.

I'm afraid I disagree Chilwell put in lots of great balls.

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 05, 2018, 09:54:01 PM
it was a decent Leicester side but with so many key players missing it was a chance to really push for three points. We seemed to hit the Leicester players with shots and passes all game which was a waste of possession. The defence must be a nightmare to try and get functioning for a full ninety minutes. Okay its a point but looking at the next few games three would have been better and were there for the taking. 
Exactly, if they had not had all the injuries we would have lost!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Denver Fulham

It's not the RB's fault. Kamara's positional discipline is zero. Christie also got trapped up field multiple times making good runs when we had a careless giveaway.

While we're talking ... was it Seri who completely overcommitted and ended up leaving Maddison alone while dropping between our CBs who had their men tracked on their goal? That was terrible.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

That's the spirit. Good to hear that we only played well because of the opponents being bad. God forbid that we can see the performance as anything positive.

alfie

Yes a lot of positives from this game, just so frustrating that we get off the bottom, but can't hold it
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tabby

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2018, 10:02:08 PM
Yes a lot of positives from this game, just so frustrating that we get off the bottom, but can't hold it

At least gained a point on the five teams immediately above this round. Need to start getting more wins though.

Oh well.

davew

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 05, 2018, 09:59:08 PM
It's not the RB's fault. Kamara's positional discipline is zero. Christie also got trapped up field multiple times making good runs when we had a careless giveaway.

While we're talking ... was it Seri who completely overcommitted and ended up leaving Maddison alone while dropping between our CBs who had their men tracked on their goal? That was terrible.
Probably I am sure that the few stat's students on this forum will comment and give him the benefit of the doubt! It will probably be marked as another assist! I think he played better tonight and have slightly changed my mind about him, better on the field than on the bench, never ever changed my mind about Mr Fonte, but I can concede that Seri is better than some of the other (if any) options to us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

I must have a temperature of 125 so worked up - 15 minutes to hold onto our first clean sheet, agree with Scally probably the absolute ultimate time to play Leicester given their injuries but not to be.
Really, really wanted those 3 points this evening.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Matt10

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 05, 2018, 09:55:32 PM

Think he had about 5, but that is pretty skewed as our right back Christie was pressuring high multiple times, and our CMs actually cover. This can be seen a couple times. In addition, Christie was simply caught out because he had raced 40 or so yards for an overlap, and we lose the ball, then he's racing back. Key point was when Kamara got injured trying to cut in instead of lay off to Christie.

Right back is a very easy target for criticism, but again I think Christie put in a solid performance. Personally would have liked to see Vietto on the right wing as he puts in a lot more effort defensively than Kamara. Still, happy for the point, and happy for AK on getting his first.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 05, 2018, 10:01:12 PM
Quote from: davew on December 05, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

That's the spirit. Good to hear that we only played well because of the opponents being bad. God forbid that we can see the performance as anything positive.

Not being negative at all. It's a point gained, could have and should have been three, Leicester did have a lot of key players missing, the defensive elements still need work, (their goal ripped us open),  and we did literally hit Leicester players with numerous shots and passes. It's a point gained that's all.

Matt10

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 05, 2018, 09:59:08 PM

Agreed with your first part of course. Watching it again, yes Seri should have stayed, but you can see throughout the match our CMs are instructed to cover the wings multiple times. This lets our wingers stay high for the counter. It's a whole lot of work.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Matt10 on December 05, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

Think he had about 5, but that is pretty skewed as our right back Christie was pressuring high multiple times, and our CMs actually cover. This can be seen a couple times. In addition, Christie was simply caught out because he had raced 40 or so yards for an overlap, and we lose the ball, then he's racing back. Key point was when Kamara got injured trying to cut in instead of lay off to Christie.

Right back is a very easy target for criticism, but again I think Christie put in a solid performance. Personally would have liked to see Vietto on the right wing as he puts in a lot more effort defensively than Kamara. Still, happy for the point, and happy for AK on getting his first.

That's a fair point that Christie was pressuring high, he may have been asked to do that. Unfortunately he didn't put in any good balls and too often ends up coming inside. He did have one good moment when he came inside and bypassed a few players to hit a tame shot.

I think Ranieri would be better off telling Christie to stay back so we don't get over exposed. Maybe we can sign a more effective right back in January.

Bryan should get a run now to see if he can offer more going forward. Le Marchand very solid but not a natural attacking full back.

Lighthouse

An argument can be put from either point of view. That point gained or two dropped. We could have won but frankly could just as easily lost. But I never have bought into the argument that they had players missing so we should have won. They are a very well established Prem side so it is less of a hardship to have players out.

Again those of us who want to see improvement will see it continuing and those that don't will see the usual horror of the last few months.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Matt10

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 05, 2018, 10:13:46 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 05, 2018, 10:07:23 PM

That's a fair point that Christie was pressuring high, he may have been asked to do that. Unfortunately he didn't put in any good balls and too often ends up coming inside. He did have one good moment when he came inside and bypassed a few players to hit a tame shot.

I think Ranieri would be better off telling Christie to stay back so we don't get over exposed. Maybe we can sign a more effective right back in January.

Bryan should get a run now to see if he can offer more going forward. Le Marchand very solid but not a natural attacking full back.

I'm trying to understand your logic here. If Christie is open, and doesn't get the ball passed to him, is that his fault or his manager's? I don't think the concept of fault is what matters here. He had 2 total crosses, one with his left foot which was in a dangerous area, then a floater that was easily cleared.

LeMarchand was fine at LB, again. Attacked fine, and even found himself in setting up Chambers side-footer, and then he was fouled right outside the box from Mitro's skilled pass. His heatmap looks like a decent FB as well...

Theory about who and what is fine, but this reflection on who we have right now, and who has shown some consistency, which both our LB and RB have done the last couple matches they've been involved in.