watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Make Mitrovic Permanent Captain ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, December 06, 2018, 12:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think so, and if I was Tom Cairney I would accept that gracefully, and concentrate on fighting for his place in the first XI where I feel he has a bit of competition now.

Its a bit like the Bettinelli situation, where the heart was ruling the head. I think Tom is a good player for sure, and was a very good captain in the championship, but things have changed, gone up a level.

Maybe it's a bit 'early' for Mitrovic to become Captain, but his performances, personality (since he seems to have settled down and had a family) and even his international standing (the only Fulham player with one really, currently) make him the man for me.

Anyhow just my thought for the day.

Bassey the warrior

It's probably going to unsettle the team to change the formal captain but he is clearly the de facto captain.. He leads by example and works tirelessly.

The Law

I was kinda with you until you started talking about Tom needing to earn his place in the starting 11...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Law on December 06, 2018, 03:56:19 AM
I was kinda with you until you started talking about Tom needing to earn his place in the starting 11...

Point he is making is you have to in this league.
Tom has been average so far(not having this injury nonsense as an excuse either).

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 06, 2018, 07:31:59 AM

Point he is making is you have to in this league.
Tom has been average so far(not having this injury nonsense as an excuse either).
Agree wholeheartedly. Memories of great moments count for nowt unless they are being replaced with brand new great memories.

Southcoastffc

I love Mitro, who wouldn't, but perhaps controversially I do wonder whether he and Ranieri are a good fit.  Given carte blanche, I think Raineri would prefer a more mobile No 9. Maybe January might see a change.  I stress that I am NOT knocking Mitro.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mitch

Claudio is quoted publically as saying as much recently.

filham

Yes, Mitro is making all of the starts whereas Tom seems to be missing half the time, Essential though that Ranieri has full faith in Mitrovic.

ffc73

No. If we are going to change captain then I'd go for Mawson

bobbo

I'll go along with that , he'll show a little more authority hopefully.
Just by the way he's a bit of an unsung hero last night - worked his socks off.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Overal, I would prefer Alfie Mawson, but I prefer Mitro over Tom, who is no more a Captain than Rupert The Bear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

I like Mitro, leads from the front. However, I like Cairney for his subtle creativity and ability to get out of dangerous situations. If I need someone to get me out of danger and hold onto the ball, I'm giving the ball to him. It's a newer system, and he's played quite well. Once he starts actually scoring goals though, then it will really take off. Just watch. That shot he had was clinical, and if he'd score, we'd be saying my captain.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Matt10 on December 06, 2018, 02:06:23 PM
I like Mitro, leads from the front. However, I like Cairney for his subtle creativity and ability to get out of dangerous situations. If I need someone to get me out of danger and hold onto the ball, I'm giving the ball to him. It's a newer system, and he's played quite well. Once he starts actually scoring goals though, then it will really take off. Just watch. That shot he had was clinical, and if he'd score, we'd be saying my captain.
Do you mean the one towards the end of the game, just before Leicester scored, when TC pushed it wide of the post, slipping as he shot?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Matt10

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 06, 2018, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 06, 2018, 02:06:23 PM
Do you mean the one towards the end of the game, just before Leicester scored, when TC pushed it wide of the post, slipping as he shot?

Yes, it was barely wide. He steadied himself, drew out the defenders, and struck the ball well. It was his only shot. I hope for more because we know what he's capable off in those positions.

montyandgeorge

I agree. TC is an influential player, but because of how he plays not because of his personality and ability to encourage others. But for me he has never looked like a captain. Too quiet, and seems to let his head go down when things go against us. Last season I thought KMac would have been good, but I am afraid he doesn't look good enough in the Premiership. Mitro is playing well, grafting hard, and was really engaging the rest of the team yesterday to get them to keep fighting. I also reckon TC might feel liberated by not having to 'be' a captain when that's not a natural role for him.

kiwian

Mawson for me, because of his position he can see the big picture.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Milo

Reflected on today with a bottle of Barbera d'Asti.

Cairney was dragged off at half time. Rested or not.. a captain taken off at half time? Can't think of that ever happening before. Imagine Murphy being taken off at half time.. honestly he would've been spitting and throwing the armband to floor... marching down the dug out after blanking the manager. 3-0 down at Old Trafford.. a Captain should go down with his ship.

Cairney was made captain to keep him at the club, because he was pivotal to the way Jokanovic played, and because he brought the players together with his social scene off the pitch in London clubs etc.

These days, what does he bring? If someone game in with a £20m bid would we take it... probably! Different manager so no long pivotal to the game plan. His partner is pregnant so he offers less of a social cohesion to the group.

So the question to ask is.. who instead?

Could I suggest Odoi?

Educated so can bring intelligence and tactics to the team. Also has his own rags to riches story at Fulham going from a £1m stats signing, fringe player to a first-name-on-the-team-sheet player in the Premiership.

You look at the other options like Ream and MacDonald and you wonder if they'll even be playing in the next game.. no such concerns with Odoi.

So my question is, can we add Odoi to the Captain shortlist?

davew

Make him Captain certainly as he normally has about 85 minutes a match while he is not doing anything because he hasn't got the ball. Provide him with a notebook and pen (if allowed under the rules) he could make notes and provide them at the end of the match to our bench experts, or he could just say this team is rubbish and I've gotta get out of this place, who sang that? I do know by the way, bunch of animals!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

Quote from: davew on December 08, 2018, 09:13:20 PM
Make him Captain certainly as he normally has about 85 minutes a match while he is not doing anything because he hasn't got the ball. Provide him with a notebook and pen (if allowed under the rules) he could make notes and provide them at the end of the match to our bench experts, or he could just say this team is rubbish and I've gotta get out of this place, who sang that? I do know by the way, bunch of animals!!

:wine:

davew

Quote from: Milo on December 08, 2018, 09:28:14 PM
Quote from: davew on December 08, 2018, 09:13:20 PM

:wine:
LOL been there and done that as you well know, before I started supporting FFC I never drank, there again I was 4 or 5 years old!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)