News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite Stadium apart from Craven Cottage ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, December 06, 2018, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Hamburg was good but that could have been to the day. Etihad not bad with good facilities all around especially with the tram station. Hated Emirates but I was in the home section. Old Trafford not bad as was Goodison. Brentford current stadium when I went a good few years ago looked like it was falling down. Loftus Rd has the smallest leg room in any stadium I have been to. Fratton Pk was dump.

lasse vigen

Goodison Park. Been up there many times with a toffee mate and it's always a great day out. Will be a shame when it goes.

Also love Griffen Park and its pubs.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

spikey norman

The Ajax/Amsterdam/Johan Cruyff Arena is a fantastic stadium with great facilities.
Another nice ground is the Dripping Pan in Lewes

HobGoblin

Wolfsburg's was the best imo. The lighting, fans standing zone and the friendliness of the opposition fans before the match made it well worth the journey.

HV71

Rather a bizarre choice I know - but I had a real soft spot for Darlingtons old ground Feethams .That allchanged when the self confessed bank robber George took them to their new place out of town

KJS

Quote from: HobGoblin on December 07, 2018, 01:24:08 PM
Wolfsburg's was the best imo. The lighting, fans standing zone and the friendliness of the opposition fans before the match made it well worth the journey.

Good call  :54: also I liked the Basel stadium too 049:gif

Penfold

From our days in the lower divisions I always enjoyed St James's Park, Exeter and Gigg Lane. Love De Goffert in Nijmegen purely because NEC fans treat you so well.

However it must be a non football ground - Lord's. If only they didn't have so many rules and regulations. And jobsworth stewards.

Vinnieffc

The old Lansdown Road had a lot of carachter.  Otherwise always had a soft spot for Brisbane Road.  I  believe the groundsman there used to regularly win awards for maintaining the best playing surface of all London clubs..

hovewhite

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: KJS on December 07, 2018, 08:16:34 AM
Quote from: ffcne on December 07, 2018, 05:45:32 AM
I like the Amex ,

Disagree its soulless and a nightmare to access by any means of transport (good seats though)

I'd go for Fratton Park which as it's a throw back to when football was real  :54:
I disagree, I think as new football stadiums go the Amex is up there with one of the most characterful, the fans are close to the pitch, fantastic atmosphere, and an aesthetic design, though you're right about transport, queueing for an hour just to get on the train.

Neutral Zone Ultra

As for other stadiums, I agree Hillsborough is class, Griffin Park is fun as it's a sh*thole, St Andrew's is underrated. As for foreign clubs, Union Berlin's Stadion an der alten Försterei and the Olympiastadion are up there.

thebumponleroyshead

The Parks of Griffin, Villa and Fratton for me.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Dr Know

Quote from: Southdowns White on December 07, 2018, 09:15:49 AM
Quote from: Dr Know on December 07, 2018, 08:42:36 AM
McDiarmid Park , home of St Johnstone fc , in Perth , Scotland .   Went there for for a friendly July 1999 , locals were great , small ground with a lovely feel to it .
I was also there, I think it was on my Birthday. Lovely setting with mountains in the distance. I remember Stan Collymore made his first appearance for us there. 
The previous wednesday i saw fulham at Tynecastle playing hearts , again the scottish fans were great , were you at that game ?

Ronnief

The Gay Meadow with the Corricle at the end of the pitch to rescue balls kicked into the River Severn.

Russianrob

Wembley.That day we beat the Villa was the most memorable and happiest of my life1

Fulhamfan666

Victoria Road - Dagenham & Redbridge

Gallaghar Stadium - Maidstone

Vicarage Road - Watford

Kingsmeadow - AFC Wimbledon

Milo

Quote from: Ronnief on December 07, 2018, 04:37:12 PM
The Gay Meadow with the Corricle at the end of the pitch to rescue balls kicked into the River Severn.

:plus one: :wine:

terryr

keith