News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand redevelopment, where's the update ?

Started by Riversider, December 07, 2018, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

According to The F.S.T website, an announcement will be made as to who the Lead Contractor will be BEFORE our next meeting on the 10th of December,
With today being the 7th, that only leaves Saturday or Sunday to make the announcement before the next meeting !
Anyone on here have any insight or info as to what is going on, and will we get to hear today as promised ?

Riversider

The significance of this development is huge with regards to the intentions of Shahid Khan,
Its been one false dawn after another these last 5 years or so, so hopes were raised when the FST said that announcement would be made before the 10th, which is now looking unlikely,
Im suprised that more people seemingly dont give a flying f*uck !
Just dont get it 😩

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on December 07, 2018, 07:21:45 PM
The significance of this development is huge with regards to the intentions of Shahid Khan,
Its been one false dawn after another these last 5 years or so, so hopes were raised when the FST said that announcement would be made before the 10th, which is now looking unlikely,
Just dont get it 😩
You seem to be more concerned about this stand than what happens on the pitch, and to be honest I am not that bothered, it will be built or not, and if it's not that does not give any clue to any supposed intentions Shahid Khan may ir may not have, it's his money and he wants it right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

I am bothered about the stand generally, but I am far from bothered that the club has failed to release some information 3 days before their self-imposed deadline for doing so!! Give them until this time next week and if there's still no news then maybe it will justify a new thread on the forum.

DevonFFC

Surely before the 10th means they still have 2 days to give an update... does it not?

hovewhite

I am more interested in S/T price hikes next season!!

toshes mate

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 07, 2018, 10:25:16 PM
Surely before the 10th means they still have 2 days to give an update... does it not?
You are right.  Monday is included, right up to the moment the FST meeting begins.  There's still plenty of time for said contractor to announce a winding up order too ...... :-)

Statto

KJS

Quote from: Riversider on December 07, 2018, 07:21:45 PM
Just dont get it 😩

Bet you feel stupid now??  :005:

RaySmith

I think there are more immediate concerns at the moment than the new stand, much as I understand its importance.

cookieg

I'd rather we had on field matters sorted rather than off field. The Riverside stand isn't falling down so if it isn't replaced in the next few years I won't lose sleep over it. There are far more important things to worry about.

Woolly Mammoth

I feel that the building and redevelopment of the Riverside Stand can run in conjunction with Fulham achieving a top six finish, and qualify to play in Europe again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodger53

Sir Craven

Buckingham. They're doing Brentford's new stadium

Riversider

Quote from: cookieg on December 10, 2018, 06:43:55 PM
I'd rather we had on field matters sorted rather than off field. The Riverside stand isn't falling down so if it isn't replaced in the next few years I won't lose sleep over it. There are far more important things to worry about.

The Riverside Stand signifies intent from Shahid Khan and also secures our long term future at Craven Cottage,
This is one of the most significant days in our history.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Riversider on December 10, 2018, 07:55:32 PM

The Riverside Stand signifies intent from Shahid Khan and also secures our long term future at Craven Cottage,

A significant day in this forums history as this is the first time I typed "I agree with you Riversider".

davew

Quote from: Riversider on December 10, 2018, 07:55:32 PM

It certainly does, just hope the quality of the redevelopment far exceeds the quality of most of the players that continue to be signed.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DevonFFC

If it looks anything like the plans it will only make craven cottage become more beautiful than it already is.

Great show of intent and coupled with the development of the old BBC site, only goes to show the commitment Khan has for us and cementing our future both at the cottage and as a football club.

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 10, 2018, 09:52:26 PM
If it looks anything like the plans it will only make craven cottage become more beautiful than it already is.

Great show of intent and coupled with the development of the old BBC site, only goes to show the commitment Khan has for us and cementing our future both at the cottage and as a football club.
I am slowly beginning to change my opinion of our owner, he certainly is showing more intent on revealing to us that he does have a long term commitment to FFC, we just need a team to match! Perhaps he will put Tony in control as building project manager and engage somebody to replace him on transfers, or better still leave it to our new manager assisted by a few others who know something about football to decide who we should bring in!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)