watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri

Started by nose returns, December 08, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Nobody at Fulham seems to have learnt anything from all the previous defeats conceding goal after goal from anywhere.
So what makes anyone think we can go toe to toe with West Ham next week. We cannot even avoid defeat against Cardiff and Huddersfield.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Ranieri's record so far is away defeats at Man.u. and Chelsea and 4 points from the two games at the Cottage, is that worse than expected.
We did however expect a performance today, it seem as if Ranieri is still playing around with the team selection trying to find out which are his best players, lets hope he now realises that Anguissi is nit one of them, Surely by now he has seen enough and next week we will get a line up good enough to produce a performance.

Arthur

Quote from: nose on December 08, 2018, 05:56:19 PM
Everything i sais is demonstratably correct

Is it?
We've picked up 4 points from two home games under Ranieri - as many as we took from five home matches before this (only one of which was against one of the so-called 'big boys'). This fact may not be enough to determine that Ranieri is doing better but, at this stage, it certainly doesn't, as you claim, demonstrate that we are worse.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 08, 2018, 06:40:46 PM
Ranieri's record so far is away defeats at Man.u. and Chelsea and 4 points from the two games at the Cottage, is that worse than expected.
We did however expect a performance today, it seem as if Ranieri is still playing around with the team selection trying to find out which are his best players, lets hope he now realises that Anguissi is nit one of them, Surely by now he has seen enough and next week we will get a line up good enough to produce a performance.

I hope you are right, but West Ham are no mugs, and the manner of our defeat today shows that we continue to have a soft under belly which will not go away whilst certain players get picked because of their reputation and price tag.

Never forget your Roots.

bigalffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 08, 2018, 06:18:31 PM
Quote from: Rambler on December 08, 2018, 05:41:22 PM
Thanks for this.

You're wrong.

About what?
If i am wrong you r suggesting we have good well balannced squad, are improving and our purchasing policy is top class, before replying next, just look at the league table, i draw you attention to the points and goals againt column.

You weren't wrong nose to bring this up, it was most certainly a poor team performance, tinkering is a recipe for disaster. As soon as I saw the lineup, I was very concerned. Anguissa is not fit to wear the shirt, and Schurrle is a luxury player we cannot afford. Neither should have been selected.
I can understand Bryan being selected, but Ream is out of his depth unfortunately.
They targeted Odoi as the weak link, but Schurrie did him no favours at all with his failure to cover him when we lost the ball. In a relegation fight forget Schurrie, forget Anguissa, forget Vietto, forget Seri, although I have seen Seri play worse.
The Stats team with TK the biggest culprit should be shown the door with immediate effect, they are as much to blame as anyone, and they cannot pin it on the despicable CK anymore.
If Ranieri didn't know how big the task is when he took over, he does now.
Can he rescue Fulham, only with the help of a War Chest from the Chairman who owes him that, and let him pick his own players.
Only astute purchases in January can save us, and no age limit, I repeat no age limit, we need experience, with wise heads with Premier League experience.
We need players who will save our season, and we need a lot of them, who will roll their sleeves up with fire in their belly's and sweat blood and take no prisoners and fight for the Manager and each other.
Otherwise we are DEMOOD.
Totally agree with you Wooly, no room for "passengers" now, battlers only. Big solid presence to command the back four and hard tackling midfield players who will break up play and win second balls. Win ugly if necessary but win points to save our season and then maybe we can look at the pretty stuff.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bigalffc on December 08, 2018, 06:55:10 PM
Quote from: Rambler on December 08, 2018, 05:41:22 PM
Thanks for this.

You're wrong.

About what?
If i am wrong you r suggesting we have good well balannced squad, are improving and our purchasing policy is top class, before replying next, just look at the league table, i draw you attention to the points and goals againt column.

You weren't wrong nose to bring this up, it was most certainly a poor team performance, tinkering is a recipe for disaster. As soon as I saw the lineup, I was very concerned. Anguissa is not fit to wear the shirt, and Schurrle is a luxury player we cannot afford. Neither should have been selected.
I can understand Bryan being selected, but Ream is out of his depth unfortunately.
They targeted Odoi as the weak link, but Schurrie did him no favours at all with his failure to cover him when we lost the ball. In a relegation fight forget Schurrie, forget Anguissa, forget Vietto, forget Seri, although I have seen Seri play worse.
The Stats team with TK the biggest culprit should be shown the door with immediate effect, they are as much to blame as anyone, and they cannot pin it on the despicable CK anymore.
If Ranieri didn't know how big the task is when he took over, he does now.
Can he rescue Fulham, only with the help of a War Chest from the Chairman who owes him that, and let him pick his own players.
Only astute purchases in January can save us, and no age limit, I repeat no age limit, we need experience, with wise heads with Premier League experience.
We need players who will save our season, and we need a lot of them, who will roll their sleeves up with fire in their belly's and sweat blood and take no prisoners and fight for the Manager and each other.
Otherwise we are DEMOOD.
Totally agree with you Wooly, no room for "passengers" now, battlers only. Big solid presence to command the back four and hard tackling midfield players who will break up play and win second balls. Win ugly if necessary but win points to save our season and then maybe we can look at the pretty stuff.

Exactly

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

I think he will have seen enough today and he must be devistated.
It was his choice to come here so it's his sword to fall on.
He will realise now he cannot polish most of the turds that we recruited in in the summer.
He also knows his illustrious career is quite possibly in tatters because of them.
Either he leaves before he gets tarnished by having been associated with this squad, or he has to hope the owners give him the players we need to scrape survival.

BlackWhiteArmy

In a relegation fight forget Schurrie, forget Anguissa, forget Vietto, forget Seri, although I have seen Seri play worse.

THIS! These are the players that have no business being in a relegation team, as they are either weak, or lazy, or simply don't understand what a relegation battle is! And to make it all worse none of them have any experience playing PL except for Schurrle who was a bench warmer in Chelsea which was a top team in the league. I was really hoping for a few PL proven players that may not necessary have any attractive name over their number but who cares. I was hoping for Luka Milivojevic as it was logical for Slavisa to use that connection and bring an influential defensive midfielder who actually defends, not like he'd cost more money than Anguisa. Player who can scream at his teammates and not look like he could care less if they lose or win, hold that line, Seri and Zambo look like they are bored most of the time. I'd prefer Kevin McDonald starting every game and I think he should or Johanssen on DM, he can throw a punch, pull a shirt when necessary.

Our forwards except for Mitro are too weak, they are not winning any duels with better CBs from top teams or stronger CBs from lower teams.

As for the actual question, I am sure with Slav we'd survive in the end, now, blah, who knows? We're not the worst team in the league, as Southampton is absolute rubbish, there is literally nothing going on in their game, they got good left and right back who create and even score most of their goals which makes no sense, I can't see any scenario in which Southamption stays up, so need to find 2 more teams to put behind, but, Cardiff, Hudder and Burnley are filled with domestic players who loving know what to do in these sort of survival games, how to bite, so, not feeling too optimistic.

Baszab

Our players just don't seem to play with passion or speed or urgency
Just watched Chelsea Man City - yes they're technically miles better than us but they all put in so much effort - the pressing and speed of covering is a different sport compared to that FFC performance today

Woolly Mammoth

Yes " PASSION ", a word that does not appear in the Dictionary's of so many of our players. A word you will also not find in the Chairmans sons stats toys either.

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 08, 2018, 06:21:45 PM
People are acting like we just lost to the worst team in existence.

The next 4 games are where we have to show quality.

I refer you to my earlier answer, the facts and not the fiction reside in the number of points we have and the goals we conceded, 4 today and 9 in the last four, more than 2 per game on average..... and we didn't compete, they are the facts.

epsomraver

nose returns

S.F.Sorrow

Personally I think our best game of the season was against Liverpool. It looked like a turning point. And remember, Chambers at DM was Joka's choice. We really missed Chambers today. I think we may have a better chance of avoiding relagation with Ranieri's style of football but we still look poor. And like others have pointed our we don't seen to have the right kind of players for a relegation fight. Hopefully we will find the necessary reinforcements in January but I'm not convinced. With our current transfer team many of our best players have been on loan from the division above us and that's obviously not an option anymore.

H4usuallysitting

I know little to nothing - but, I understand Mr Ranieri has already highlighted our weaknesses, and is trying different combinations.... let's face it..... I can't remember the last time we won at Old Trafford....our season doesn't start until January

nose returns

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 08, 2018, 10:44:41 PM
I know little to nothing - but, I understand Mr Ranieri has already highlighted our weaknesses, and is trying different combinations.... let's face it..... I can't remember the last time we won at Old Trafford....our season doesn't start until January

why does it not start in august 2018, and failing that the next match?

andyk

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 08, 2018, 10:44:41 PM

Last time we played at Old Trafford we drew. It was relegation year and we had Darren Bent up front. I don't think any of that team played Prem football again, they weren't up to it, but they got a point.

H4usuallysitting

As far as I know Mr Ranieri wasn't with us in August 2018, and Fulham didn't win against Man U  with Mr Bent up front....
Our season obviously must start in January 2019 as that will be Mr Ranieri's first transfer window.... if we can pick up points on the way then well and good - but please remember, I know little to nothing.

hovewhite

A team of men whereby only a few have any Balls sums us up.

Neil D

This is my hopeful prognosis: SJ is a relatively inexperienced manager and, until August, had none at all in the Premiership but was anxious to prove himself in the PL.  So, he was told 'after Tony Khan has watched some videos and crunched a few stats, you'll get a load of new players.  Then you make these round pegs fit in your square holes. Don't like it?  Take a hike'.   Now, my hope is Ranieri has been a tougher proposition and has said 'I want some money in January and I will buy round pegs to fit in my round holes.  Otherwise, you can have Allardyce'.