watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri

Started by nose returns, December 08, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

To me this saga is the story of a young lad with a bag full of merchandise who is told his bag is a bag of unsellable rubbish and decides to buy a new, fancy, bag to hold the same stuff in.  Sometimes too much is expected of the changes we make, especially when those changes are made for suspect reasons.

The team is inadequate for a variety of reasons; some of those reasons are down to the players but others are down to generic staff, be they managers, coaches, other football personnel, administrators, or even, and quite frequently, owners and their representatives.   Organisations are paid a lot of money to find flaws in company operations and put them right - if they can.  The company must also want those changes if they are to succeed.  The key, IMHO, is what works.

Hodgson was rubbish at Liverpool having been great for us.  Mitrovic was a problem for Newcastle but has been great for us.  Chambers was great in midfield but a disaster in defence.   And so on.   You crave the day when it all comes together and then you protect it, nurture it and polish it, with every bone in your body, until the dreaded day arrives when it begins to crumble and fall apart.

Fulham's disease may be forever speeding up the arrival of that dreaded day because they are just not analysing problems correctly, just not taking care of what is already good, and seemingly always protecting backs that need to be exposed and dealt with, by facing mistakes openly and honestly.

The team is as it was on day one of this season.  Team selection yesterday was, for me, inexplicable.  Where was Chambers?  Injured but not reported?  Was there trouble behind the scenes viz - Odoi appeared to be  moved as if to give some fans that back four Odoi – Chambers – Mawson - Bryan they craved but no Chambers?  Not even on bench.  And we are left post game looking for crumbs of comfort when, in reality, there aren't any.  Even the officials and pundits are showing no signs of feeling the need to show sympathy or empathy.  Why would they?

Ranieri is left looking for a consistent four points from three games throughout the rest of the season to make us barely safe.   It is close to mid table form.  And that, fellow supporters, is a tough ask, that needs a lot of real fight from all connected with FFC.   I am not sure the January window will do the trick as things stand.

Berserker

Quote from: hovewhite on December 09, 2018, 07:44:48 AM
A team of men whereby only a few have any Balls sums us up.
I think this pretty much hits the nail on the head

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose returns

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 09, 2018, 12:22:34 AM
As far as I know Mr Ranieri wasn't with us in August 2018, and Fulham didn't win against Man U  with Mr Bent up front....
Our season obviously must start in January 2019 as that will be Mr Ranieri's first transfer window.... if we can pick up points on the way then well and good - but please remember, I know little to nothing.

Ok. I do understand the rational of what you meant.
I awas answeing what i thought was a slightly different point.

clarkey

Look we did not have Chambers and Ranieri took our two star players off presumably to rest them.

Odoi was no good at full back, again a forced change, so stop the moaning. With Christie back, Mawson, Ream and Bryan we will look more solid. But Seri is not a CDM, so drop him and Zambo, and have Johannson, Cairney and Chambers in mid field with Sess and Mitro aided by the German.

In the window get Drinkwater from Chelsea and any full back Liverpool will let us have.

Skatzoffc

imo the selection was an enforced, (due to Chambers injury), learning experience used in a game we were not going to get anything from.
He tried a similar lineup as Joka has already tried and it failed. He needed to see how and why it failed. Hopefully he will learn from that and know he can't go down that route again.

The games we need to accrue points from are already known to him. He will concentrate on those games.

We need to play the lineup we played from Liverpool to Leicester. We looked more organised, difficult to break down, but most importantly still creating chances. Chambers must play midfield. Anguissa and Seri cannot play at the same time imo.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the Manure game, and hope I am right.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: nose on December 08, 2018, 05:33:53 PM
I know we are only four games in but i have seen no impriovement
I have seen more chopping and changing than slava,
I think, actually, i am sure, we are worse.
And before the small mob that always have a go at me for merely saying what i see, and they know who they are.... 3 points from four games, four concedded today, two let in twice...even against southampton, unable to win against leicester, TC being played out of position, etc etc etc etc. We are hopeless.... i hope somebody has an crumb of comfort for me to paper over the chasam of class we are away from being half good enough.

I do not think this is the right manager, even if it was the squad is dreadful.... it remains the fact the purchasing policy is killing us. Slava was the correct man with entirely the wrong squad. Unless we get a whole new defence and defensive midfield we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! .

I could be wrong, but i doubt it.... the khan's need to wake up and smell the coffee, the way the buy players is wrong.... they spend enough, just on totally the wrong ones.

There's definitely been improvement in defence. This game however was big step back. I hope we right this wrong next game. Need a huge defensive performance to stop Arnautovic and Anderson.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 09, 2018, 11:42:19 AM
And before the small mob that always have a go at me for merely saying what i see, and they know who they are.... 3 points from four games, four concedded today, two let in twice...even against southampton, unable to win against leicester, TC being played out of position, etc etc etc etc. We are hopeless.... i hope somebody has an crumb of comfort for me to paper over the chasam of class we are away from being half good enough.

I do not think this is the right manager, even if it was the squad is dreadful.... it remains the fact the purchasing policy is killing us. Slava was the correct man with entirely the wrong squad. Unless we get a whole new defence and defensive midfield we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! .

I could be wrong, but i doubt it.... the khan's need to wake up and smell the coffee, the way the buy players is wrong.... they spend enough, just on totally the wrong ones.

There's definitely been improvement in defence. This game however was big step back. I hope we right this wrong next game. Need a huge defensive performance to stop Arnautovic and Anderson.
Arnautović is injured.

I Ronic

I'm not going to dig up Roy's record but if memory serves me correct we were absolutle pants for several weeks under Roy after he took over.
I really dont see any point in stating the glaringly obvious. We're not great at the moment.

Whitesideup

Quote from: I Ronic on December 09, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

I really dont see any point in stating the glaringly obvious. We're not great at the moment.

I Ronic being  .... ironic !!   ....or is that too obvious?

RaySmith

He's got a point - it's still early days, and we have seen a definite improvement  under CR in the previous games, but we did have injury issues to key players, like Chambers, though not really an excuse - but  our squad still seems thin on  quality, and players who gel together as an organised team.

This was also a big game for United, one they probably felt they had to, and could, win.

I was there, so can't be  accused of not knowing how bad our performance was, especially in the first half. I was at Huddersfield too, and this game wasn't as bad as that.

The Fulham fans were great, as usual, singing all game, and  employing their trademark bitter/sweet humour.

WindyCity

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 08, 2018, 06:21:45 PM
People are acting like we just lost to the worst team in existence.

The next 4 games are where we have to show quality.

Yes!  A voice of reason.  I've said all along that we won't really know what kind of team we have until the end of December.  I think by then we'll know if this team has no hope of survival, regardless of any last minute window acquisitions coming in January.  Next 4 games crucial!  And points, as many as possible, are needed.

I Ronic

The negativity is eating away. So I looked up Roy's record. Two points from a possible 18 in his first month. Judging the effect anybody, player or manager after three games is just plain daft.

nose returns

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 09, 2018, 11:42:19 AM

i hope you are right but 9 goals in four games and  wasteful chelsea and leicester forward lines means it wasn't far worse, suggest  you are not.

BDP1884

If he wants to model you on the Leicester team that he was so successful with, he really needs to strengthen that midfield. Hasn't Danny Drinkwater been rumoured to come to Fulham in January on loan? Would make a lot of sense. He's a player he knows well and he will have a lot to prove after flopping at Chelsea. Plus he'll already be living nearby.

fulham traveller

Give the man 10 games at least ffs

Mokes

What a load of trash this post is..

Before Ranieri we had 5 points From 12 games with a manager who has been at the club 3 years.

Since Ranieri came in we have 4 points from 4 games 2 of which were away against United and Chelsea.

sure Ranieri has made a few changes to the line up, but 3 of his 4 games has come in the period of 7 days..

Let's see how we look after the next few games against lower half teams

N_O_W_S

I'm not disagreeing, but simply wonder if 3 games in 7 days got the better of us and hence the massive change in starting 11. I will be more worried if the starting 11 this week is not more familiar from the previous set of games.

alfie

I read recently that Roy only got 2 out of 18 when he arrived here, I guess he didn't do too bad after
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Take Me Home MAF

Slavisa would have got 4 points from those 4 games.

He should of at least been given 1 more game. Southampton held off, and have now brought in arguably a more forward thinking manager who is up for the battle.

We are down unless the Khans buy better players in Jan for certain positions - ironically for some of the positions we have just spent money on

alfie

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on December 10, 2018, 09:59:23 AM
Slavisa would have got 4 points from those 4 games.

He should of at least been given 1 more game. Southampton held off, and have now brought in arguably a more forward thinking manager who is up for the battle.

We are down unless the Khans buy better players in Jan for certain positions - ironically for some of the positions we have just spent money on
Well that is another poor opening line, you cannot possibly know how many points Slavisa would have got, he may not have got any, regardless of who comes in we are not down yet, the points between the bottom 6 clubs is minimal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't