watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR groundshare.

Started by fcfulham55, December 09, 2018, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

A couple of lads seemed to know that we'll be hearing about the riverside stand contracters, timescale and minor alterations this week.

Also. The Khans regonised that an option to move out of Craven Cottage temporarily will speed up the schedule "sunstantially"  and that it will be a QPR groundshare for 1 season. A return to CC with on going works for a further season but at a reduced capacity.  Then the 3rd season will see us in CC with a capacity of just over 29k.  Thought it was 30k?

Sort of makes sense, but I do hope they're wrong. QPR groundshare 🤢. I'd rather it take longer personally.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

SP

That really would be the cherry on top of our current challenges.

I had a quick look on their board & nothing showing there despite a fairly reliable ITK?

fulhamben

The new design took away a few hundred seats from the original final capacity plans, which is a shame as 30k sounds so much better. If it is a ground share, I won't be going their. Can't stand the place. And I don't get why we would ground share, can't remember what riverside holds, but QPR is tiny at just over 18k. So if riverside is around 7 k then we would have the same amount of bums on seats just by using the three stands. Plus we would have to pay a fee to use QPR, so surely there can't be a financial motive to so it. Also after what maf did, I'm very sceptical about moving out whilst flats are built at the cottage
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on December 09, 2018, 09:29:05 PM
The new design took away a few hundred seats from the original final capacity plans, which is a shame as 30k sounds so much better. If it is a ground share, I won't be going their. Can't stand the place. And I don't get why we would ground share, can't remember what riverside holds, but QPR is tiny at just over 18k. So if riverside is around 7 k then we would have the same amount of bums on seats just by using the three stands. Plus we would have to pay a fee to use QPR, so surely there can't be a financial motive to so it. Also after what maf did, I'm very sceptical about moving out whilst flats are built at the cottage
The way we are performing, Bishops Park will do fine for a while, but home supporters only, reckon we could muster around 1,000 to avoid health and safety issues! On a serious note Ben, what flats are being built at the Cottage? I currently have my house up for sale and would love to have a ringside seat at the ground, just like my Grandad, 30 yards from the Cottage entrance!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on December 09, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
The way we are performing, Bishops Park will do fine for a while, but home supporters only, reckon we could muster around 1,000 to avoid health and safety issues! On a serious note Ben, what flats are being built at the Cottage? I currently have my house up for sale and would love to have a ringside seat at the ground, just like my Grandad, 30 yards from the Cottage entrance!
back of the new riverside. Can't remember how many exactly. You can bet your house on some Chelsea mug buying one and drapping a huge filth flag over the balconoy for every home game

Speranza

fulhamben

So just had a quick look, and we would actually have about 2000 less fans at QPR if sold out than we would if we just uses 3 stands.

FulhamStu

It would be nothing to do with capacity and everything to do with access.   Building on the Thames side with very little access will be a nightmare.  Building it from pitchside so much easier.

MJG

I'd add that we lose part of the Putney end... Not a massive amount but the river end of it... When the building is going on.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jonnoj

Riverside is nothing like 7k , more like 4.5 I think?

MJG

Quote from: Jonnoj on December 10, 2018, 09:14:02 AM
Riverside is nothing like 7k , more like 4.5 I think?
last offical  numbers i had are:

Hammersmith 7.8
JH 5.9
Putney 7.2
Riverside 4.7
Just the views of a long term fan

Berserker

I hope if we have to go to QPR I get the same seats on my season tickett as I have now when we return to the Cottage. Do you think this will hsppen as I really like my current seats

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bobbo

i would volunteer not to take up my season ticket at QPR so long as i kept my status for when we go back to the cottage . I've been there twice this season with a couple of close friends and the seating is intolerable im 5'9" and cant sit straight in the seats. it p****d me of there before.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

sarnian

Quote from: bobbo on December 10, 2018, 11:12:11 AM
i would volunteer not to take up my season ticket at QPR so long as i kept my status for when we go back to the cottage . I've been there twice this season with a couple of close friends and the seating is intolerable im 5'9" and cant sit straight in the seats. it p****d me of there before.

Agree about their DVT seating especially anyone over 5ft

One James stannard

Quote from: Berserker on December 10, 2018, 10:49:33 AM
I hope if we have to go to QPR I get the same seats on my season tickett as I have now when we return to the Cottage. Do you think this will hsppen as I really like my current seats

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Just out of interest which stand and block are you in, I couldn't imagine watching a game at Fulham other than at my seat near the 'green pole'

Woolly Mammoth

Loftus Road, ? I wouldn't send my mother in law there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2018, 12:23:37 PM
Watch out she doesn't send you
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on December 10, 2018, 01:47:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2018, 12:23:37 PM
Watch out she doesn't send you

Blimey, I never thought of that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

The last stay at Loftus Road was painful, really don't want to suffer that again. The new Brentford stadium may be a better option.

KJS

Quote from: fulhamben on December 09, 2018, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: davew on December 09, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
back of the new riverside. Can't remember how many exactly. You can bet your house on some Chelsea mug buying one and drapping a huge filth flag over the balconoy for every home game

I do hope so as it will cost them a fortune to have the windows replaced every 2 weeks  :005: