more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"The January Transfer Gossip Window"

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 10, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Quote from: mkras99 on January 11, 2019, 07:35:32 PM
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/11/do-report-liverpool-and-fulham-target-wantaway-striker-munas-dab/
That makes sense - not in terms of what we necesarily need but what fits the Khan/Talbot recruitment model. He is 26, scored loads of gaols - at a lower level - and may be able to make the step up...or not, but will be cheap, salary wise.
Makes way more sense than Isla at 31 or Cahill at 33. I can see Cahill on loan and if so yes he would expect the same salary and we may just baulk at that.
Quark, strangeness and charm

west kowloon white

Dry is putting it politely- please separate.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 04:45:13 PM
I have never claimed that TK or anyone else for that matter are great at their jobs.

I do not believe that it would be because he is lazy, or because he doesn't give a crap.

Fine... but I have never claimed that TK or anyone else for that matter is lazy, or doesn't give a crap.

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 04:45:13 PM
What I have done, and will continue to do is argue against those just complaining all the time without solid arguments.

Well hold on. My last post was based on
(1) Tony Khan's CV
(2) Alastair Mackintosh's CV
(3) Consistently poor outcomes in FFC transfer windows over several years
(4) Other indicators of a poor culture in our transfer system, such as Jokanovic's public statements and the K affair
(5) Personal experience of the level of expertise and sophistication in the management of businesses our size
(6) The Netflix documentary on Sunderland

Your view appears to be based on nothing more than blind faith. Of course you're perfectly entitled to hold that faith, but it seems a bit hypocritical to then claim others don't have "solid arguments" for their position.

Sting of the North

Statto, I think that this argument between us is boring for everyone else (frankly, starting to get bored myself) and it is clogging up this thread.

Let's agree to disagree on this (and almost everything else it seems) and leave it at that. We have in common that we want the best for Fulham, and sometimes that'll have to do I suppose.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 11:10:13 PM
Statto, I think that this argument between us is boring for everyone else (frankly, starting to get bored myself) and it is clogging up this thread.

Let's agree to disagree on this (and almost everything else it seems) and leave it at that. We have in common that we want the best for Fulham, and sometimes that'll have to do I suppose.

how about go f56& yourself
if you don't want a discussion, don't start one by replying to my post  :doh:
and if you then decide to concede, at least do it with some grace
i'm guessing you're about 20. perhaps come back when you've grown up a bit

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on January 11, 2019, 11:29:35 PM

Funny you mention grace in your post after telling me to go f myself. Personal insults should not be tolerated on here.

If you had actually read my posts you would see that I never argued against the facts that you mentioned in your last post. Actually there is not much to argue against, other than possibly the conclusion. I argued against your initial idea that the recruitment team is not even able to come up with simple ideas like offering a bonus to incentivise someone to join. I tried quoting your earlier to emphasise that but obviously it didn't help. My view was just that, that I don't believe they are idiots. Maybe not competent enough, but that would be another discussion.

Since you cannot behave as a decent being, I cannot keep discussing this with you, which is in line with my last post so that we don't clog up the thread. Have a good night.

AnOldBrownie

This thread should be dead until 9:00 AM PST (Los Angeles) at which time we'll all figure the owners aren't bringing anyone in because they are sure we're going down...OR...we've beaten Burnley...we're close to 17th...and Cahill should be ready to sign with us because we MIGHT end the season 17th or higher.

See everyone in the morning.   Should be fun.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 11:50:35 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 11, 2019, 11:29:35 PM

Funny you mention grace in your post after telling me to go f myself. Personal insults should not be tolerated on here.

If you had actually read my posts you would see that I never argued against the facts that you mentioned in your last post. Actually there is not much to argue against, other than possibly the conclusion. I argued against your initial idea that the recruitment team is not even able to come up with simple ideas like offering a bonus to incentivise someone to join. I tried quoting your earlier to emphasise that but obviously it didn't help. My view was just that, that I don't believe they are idiots. Maybe not competent enough, but that would be another discussion.

Since you cannot behave as a decent being, I cannot keep discussing this with you, which is in line with my last post so that we don't clog up the thread. Have a good night.
And there was me thinking this was a thread about transfers?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"