more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RICO - Very Poor on Saturday

Started by Fulll Time Andy, December 10, 2018, 02:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 10, 2018, 05:45:42 PM
When you consider that our defensive back four resemble a colander, Rico hasn't been half bad.
The real issue is the midfield. They constantly allow the opposition to charge in on the back four which stretches them and causes said colander effect.

Well by that argument Betts also wasn't half bad. In fact he had to cope with a defence that lacked Chambers as a defensive midfielder and without the defensive work that Ranieri has been doing.
I do see the good things that Rico does but I don't think there is too much in it. Some of the posts on here are just rude, insulting and ignorant. They illustrate why I have become reluctant to post too often.

filham

Just about decided that Rico was our reliable first choice keeper, if this is not the case and we have to consider a change for the next game then our problems just increase.

Statto

Quote from: Fulll Time Andy on December 10, 2018, 05:29:38 PM
the keeper which the England manager thinks is one of the top 4/5 in England right now...

Lol, so he is 4th/5th for an international team that would finish about mid-table in the PL if it was a club team. So about 1/2 levels below Button who is now 3rd choice at another mid-table PL team Brighton.

KJS

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 10, 2018, 02:24:53 PM
Other than the 4th goal, which was still very good, I disagree completely, and anyone who thinks Bettinelli is anywhere near the level of goalkeeper Rico is is having a laugh frankly.

Agree  :54: Betts isn't as good as some people think Rico is head and shoulders ahead of him in ability and confidence

terryr

Betts let in 4 goals.....against CARDIFF
I rest my case

Mince n Tatties

That's all we need isn't it,change the keeper again.
Rico is No1.

Moltobueno

Quote from: Fulll Time Andy on December 10, 2018, 05:29:38 PM

As I started this lively debate, I'd also like to say that i did say he has been very good since he came in

Maybe the topic title "very poor" is triggering some people

aaronmcguigan

Rico should have got to 2 of the 4 goals. He was very slow to react to 2 in the first half. I was in the United end behind the goal in the fifth row and you could visibly see his frustration at not being able to get to it a la Betts frustration v Arsenal.

I think the competition of keepers could be hindering them, worried about making a mistake and therefore worried about the place in the team. For all I say, Keepers make mistakes and carry on, as well as outfield players. Rico needs a bit of coaching but he needs to be the number one, fully supported and fully confident, backed by his team.

Betts was a solid championship keeper last season but reached that level 4 years ago and hasn't visibly improved since his first season. Solid to the extent where he probably deserved a chance at premier league but fully knowing there is better out there.

As an aside, I hope amongst the academy keepers we have we can find a true gem. They have a a lot of potential and it's be a shame to see us try to bring through 4 or 5 ok keepers without really pushing Rodak/Norman/ Norman/ both Ashby Hammonds to reach the very top.

Spirit of 2000

Was his worst display for us by a distance but still think he's our best keeper on evidence so far.

toshes mate

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 10, 2018, 05:35:55 PM
No idea why people get so tribal about players. We're supporting the worst team in the EPL this year and we're pointing at the goalkeepers....quite frankly, it's pathetic. The mere suggestion that if someone likes Betts its because he's English or if you like Rico it's because you know more about football.....The margin on whose better is so marginal it's irrelevant for this team. We've had issues all year and I'm extremely dubious to lay much or any blame on a goalkeeper(s).
+1

I thought he could have done better on first, second and fourth goals.  He seemed a little static on the first as if caught in two minds as to what Young might do.  For the Mata goal he seems a little slow, perhaps unsighted, but not getting sufficient energy into his dive to make contact with the shot.   Rashford's goal was down to Rico's questionable positioning as if he didn't expect a shot and he is caught off his line.  However, the introduction of Betts into the argument is a very large red herring.   The defence is jittery and until that is dealt with by better organisation, movement, support and cover then I'd expect any goalkeeper to fear the worse everytime the ball crosses the halfway line.....

terryr

For gods sake
Betts let 4 in against....CARDIFF!
End of discussion
Bloody hell how short is the memory of some people???

gang

Quote from: TerryR on December 23, 2018, 11:03:18 PM
For gods sake
Betts let 4 in against....CARDIFF!
End of discussion
Bloody hell how short is the memory of some people???

Post a little late for Christmas?