watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The New Riverside

Started by Peabody, December 14, 2018, 07:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

As a Riverside Season Ticket Holder, I honestly am looking forward to seeing this new edifice. However, I must admit to being a trifle worried to being priced out of being able to afford renewing my seat when it reopens but as I am 80 next January, I might not be around to see it.

I have supported aFulham since 1946 and would be heartbroken if this were to happen. I suppose we will just have to wait and see but the signs are not looking good. From being a blue collared game, football has become a gentrified commercial giant, where money is more important than attracting loyal, long standing supporters.

BestOfBrede

Well the prices will certainly be on the rise I would think...
But I would be happy to assist, as I hope others would be, to chip in and get you a game or three!
I'll be doing the same for my old man if he makes it to see this 'delayed' stand.
He's soon to be 83 and I so want him to be see it!
I'm sure if people on here chipped in a couple quid each, we could have a season ticket, or two, that can be used by our worthy pensioners!

hovewhite

Well prices will be by the club minimum post the early bird prices starting from 700 quid especially the S/t in the Riverside and think from what I've read from the man in the club Casper to make up loss of income and long term wealth of the club so when Khan sells it on he gets more money.

The Swan

To Peabody and Best  of Brede.
                                               What a wonderful response.
I shall be 75 in March and I am lucky to be able to afford my season ticket for the coming seasons. I am in the Johnny Haynes stand. I do feel sorry for the season ticket holders from the Riverside Stand.
The Swan

I Ronic

You'll only be 83 I don't think it's too much of an ask to expect you to hang on. Like most things with Fulham nothing comes easily or quickly. Would it help if we stopped calling it the Riverside and started referring to it as 
Peabody's Balcony?

KJS

Quote from: I Ronic on December 14, 2018, 08:28:45 PM
You'll only be 83 I don't think it's too much of an ask to expect you to hang on. Like most things with Fulham nothing comes easily or quickly. Would it help if we stopped calling it the Riverside and started referring to it as 
Peabody's Balcony?

I thought it was gong to be named: The Jean Michaël Seri Stand  xmascheer1

bog

Quote from: Peabody on December 14, 2018, 07:22:22 PM
As a Riverside Season Ticket Holder, I honestly am looking forward to seeing this new edifice. However, I must admit to being a trifle worried to being priced out of being able to afford renewing my seat when it reopens but as I am 80 next January, I might not be around to see it.

I have supported aFulham since 1946 and would be heartbroken if this were to happen. I suppose we will just have to wait and see but the signs are not looking good. From being a blue collared game, football has become a gentrified commercial giant, where money is more important than attracting loyal, long standing supporters.

You beat me by 7 years Peabody. Oh to have seen Ronnie Rooke play. I am 74 next May and I do wonder about how many more I will have. What a change it will be from the open standing area with the electric half times scoreboard  and the flags of all the clubs in Division 1 flapping in the breeze. Oh and them Bovril signs in the corners by the railings.

092.gif

SP

Hey Peabody, I think there'd be uproar if they price people like you out, perhaps another pitch protest as we haven't had one in a while?

If all else fails, have you considered applying to be a steward, they need some wise heads!  :005:

Peabody

Quote from: I Ronic on December 14, 2018, 08:28:45 PM
Peabody's Balcony?

I would prefer Peabody's Bedroom.

Peabody

Quote from: SP on December 14, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
Hey Peabody, I think there'd be uproar if they price people like you out, perhaps another pitch protest as we haven't had one in a while?

If all else fails, have you considered applying to be a steward, they need some wise heads!  :005:

Oh no, gave up work ages ago.

KJS

Quote from: Peabody on December 14, 2018, 09:11:28 PM
Quote from: SP on December 14, 2018, 08:53:30 PM

Oh no, gave up work ages ago.

So did most of the FFC Stewards  :022:

filham

Well I bought my season senior ticket in the JH stand in May and secured a good price, I suppose I am in for a shock next season if we stay in the premier league.

If on the other hand we are rele----------. Oh no don't even think about it.

MJG

There is n evidence that those of us who bought a ST prior to the final will
Either  have to pay more, double or even the same. We will have to wait till prices get published in new year.
Just the views of a long term fan

Samjack

I'm really concerned about the new ticketing prices. I've had a season ticket for years... including all three seasons when we were in the basement in the mid 90s. I got an early bird price this year but I can't afford the new price if all our tickets were to be priced like that.  I would feel cheated by the club if they priced me out after all those years of loyalty. Getting a season ticket in the third division was pointless, you could always get a ticket and the discount was tiny... I just bought it out of loyalty to the club. I'd be disgusted if they don't show the same loyalty in return to long standing supporters. The OP is right, it seems the club is looking to attract a new 'gentrified' type of fan with these new prices.

MJG

Quote from: Samjack on December 14, 2018, 10:40:49 PM
I'm really concerned about the new ticketing prices. I've had a season ticket for years... including all three seasons when we were in the basement in the mid 90s. I got an early bird price this year but I can't afford the new price if all our tickets were to be priced like that.  I would feel cheated by the club if they priced me out after all those years of loyalty. Getting a season ticket in the third division was pointless, you could always get a ticket and the discount was tiny... I just bought it out of loyalty to the club. I'd be disgusted if they don't show the same loyalty in return to long standing supporters. The OP is right, it seems the club is looking to attract a new 'gentrified' type of fan with these new prices.
where historically have the club ever charged ST holders prices equivalent to post purchases  prices.?

I Ronic

Any ideas as to who you'd like to open the new Peabody Stand, Peabody? If memory serves me right it was Benfica for the Riverside. I'd like it to be Juventus. Seeing as they provided the best ever night at the Cottage for me and a good many others

Samjack

Quote from: MJG on December 14, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
Quote from: Samjack on December 14, 2018, 10:40:49 PM
where historically have the club ever charged ST holders prices equivalent to post purchases  prices.?

Sorry mate, I don't understand your question. What are you asking me?

MJG

"I got an early bird price this year but I can't afford the new price if all our tickets were to be priced like that"
That's the question I'm asking, where has that even happened?

Peabody

MJG, There is no evidence, just second guessing

hovewhite

Quote from: Peabody on December 15, 2018, 12:41:21 AM
MJG, There is no evidence, just second guessing
well the club has said it hasn't set prices yet,but can't believe with reduced capacity and people like Casper that they must have a plan prices wise they should tell us.