watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next four games will define our season

Started by The Swan, December 14, 2018, 10:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Our next four games( with three at home) will define our season. Will six points be enough to get our season on the up.

Do we need more than six points. Hopefully we can get at least eight points.
The Swan

hovewhite

West spam,a positive result would boost every one the players,us supporters.

Woolly Mammoth

A positive result tomorrow would indeed send us in to the Christmas period on a high, and a morale and much needed confidence booster, we most certainly need it in more ways than one.
Points one way or another have to be achieved in what will be a high octane London Derby.
Can we achieve a victory ?
Well we are capable, and a draw is better than nothing.
But under the circumstances we really need victories.
Will we achieve a victory?
Only if we play somewhere near our maximum ability, as this Hammers team despite injuries to key players are currently a very difficult opponent.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: The Swan on December 14, 2018, 10:18:01 PM
Our next four games( with three at home) will define our season. Will six points be enough to get our season on the up.

Do we need more than six points. Hopefully we can get at least eight points.

I don't think its about a specific points total. It's about getting out the relegation zone. If we're clear by 3 points after these games, then it's been a massive boost.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

We are currently in 20th place, but only 5 points behind Cardiff in 14th place. We have to play every team again from 14th down, so it's in our hands for the time being.
But relying on thinking just trying to beat the teams around us will suffice, is nowhere near sufficient  enough. We have to pick up points whoever we play starting today.
Our away form and results so far this season have been very disappointing. But home games are so important to accumulate as many points as possible, but because there is no guarantee, we cannot rely on home games alone.
So wherever we play and whoever we play we have to realise there are points up for grabs. As opposed to writing off certain matches as some may have suggested as though all is lost, and impossible.
That mentality will definitely get us relegated.
It's about having good habits, because good habits will stand us in good stead, because you cannot switch off and pick and choose, it does not and will not and cannot work like that.
Winning can become a habit, as can losing.
One thing is most evident, without clean sheets, survival will become remote.
First and foremost we have to become difficult to score against.
I am sure CR will stamp his authority with his philosophy and experience.
Nevertheless, he is going to need all the help he can get in the January Window, but even then it has to be his choice, and the right kind of players with the right kind of experience, without TK interfering, because TK has shown, he is neither qualified or suitable to recommend what shin pads a player should wear let alone recruiting them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I bought Arsenal tickets, but not Huddersfield, because they were only 16 quid, as opposed to  at least 37, as an O65 Member, though I thought at least !''d have a chance of seeing the team win  if I went to the home game, but then I thought that , as Woolly says, we have to think of  getting points from every game.
I'm also thinking of going to Newcastle next week, hoping we  will get something from the game.

Difficult times for the team, but us fans have to keep getting fully behind the  players  and CR, as we already have  done  so magnificently this season.

SuffolkWhite

We as fans have to sing loud and proud for the rest of the games this season, we have at least done our bit. 049:gif.
:merry christmas:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Anything less than 6 points will not really help our position, best I can see us getting is 4, but if we manage 3 today I will have a rethink!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Grumpy Worthing White

I see Lawro`s predicted a 2-1 win to us, that`s probably put the mockers on it :016:  092.gif

toshes mate

Three wins out of the next three would take us up to a points per game average of one at the midway point of the season, and that, repeated for the whole season, is normally sufficient to avoid the drop.  We really do need a positive run to get the team believing it has something to aim for, and for us supporters to get away from thinking short term and start believing long term that this season is about building for better things in the PL next season.  We have to make the transition soon and even if we do it isn't going to make this season a pretty one.  We are in a relegation scrap until we get well out of it, and that is only going to happen in 2019.

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on December 15, 2018, 09:59:33 AM
Three wins out of the next three would take us up to a points per game average of one at the midway point of the season, and that, repeated for the whole season, is normally sufficient to avoid the drop.  We really do need a positive run to get the team believing it has something to aim for, and for us supporters to get away from thinking short term and start believing long term that this season is about building for better things in the PL next season.  We have to make the transition soon and even if we do it isn't going to make this season a pretty one.  We are in a relegation scrap until we get well out of it, and that is only going to happen in 2019.
We would only have 18 points from 19 games if we win the next 3 games, but that would probably set us well on our way out of the relegation zone for the time being.

SP

Reliant on our home form once again. CR averaging 2 points per game at home so far...

filham

After last week's performance it is difficult to see a win in the next four games, just hope Ranieri has managed to work on the squad and somehow motivate the players into giving us a performance today.

West ham have a long injury list so that should give us half a chance but we need a couple of goals and goals seem hard to come by now. Hoping to see a team of triers playing for us today and perhaps a surprise win.

ScalleysDad

4.30 this afternoon when the team is announced will determine where we stand in four games time. If Ranieri sticks with the eleven starters at Old Trafford it might prove what we all think in that we have few better options despite the outlay by Khan. Zambo being out helps but if he starts with Seri/Cairney/Schurle in midfield then we all know nothing. West Ham have pace and a centre forward in form so tacklers and battlers please. A point today, a point at Newcastle, a point against Wolves and maybe three against Huddersfield would sadly be progress but even sadder is the fact, and it is a fact, the performances across the team would need to 100% above last weeks.

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on December 15, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
We would only have 18 points from 19 games if we win the next 3 games, but that would probably set us well on our way out of the relegation zone for the time being.
Shucks, if I had known you were going to be up and sharp so early, I would have taken my rounding up optimism elsewhere!

Jimmy Hill

Can see us getting 12 points out of these games and really announce our arrival back in the premier league !!

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on December 15, 2018, 10:59:32 AM
Quote from: davew on December 15, 2018, 10:07:07 AM
Shucks, if I had known you were going to be up and sharp so early, I would have taken my rounding up optimism elsewhere!
LOL

Jimpav

Quote from: Grumpy Worthing White on December 15, 2018, 09:00:36 AM
I see Lawro`s predicted a 2-1 win to us, that`s probably put the mockers on it :016:  092.gif

This fills me with dread as well - we woudl be up in mid-table if he called all his results correctly.

grandad

Our season will be defined by our position after 38 games. Just enjoy the ride.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: grandad on December 15, 2018, 12:33:22 PM
Our season will be defined by our position after 38 games. Just enjoy the ride.
Up to now the ride has not been comfortable and not at all enjoyable.