watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliantly Ironic Headline From Your 20p Daily Star

Started by White Noise, October 16, 2010, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/158518/Fulham-boss-Mark-Hughes-Murphy-s-got-it-worng/

FULHAM BOSS MARK HUGHES: MURPHY'S GOT IT WORNG

16th October 2010

By Ian Winrow

MARK Hughes admits Danny Murphy will regret naming and shaming three Premier League rivals.

Fulham skipper Murphy prompted a massive reaction when he slammed the tactics of Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke.

And Murphy caused outrage at those clubs by claiming the managers were responsible for the no-holds-barred tackling that has led to a succession of injuries this season.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has demanded an apology.

And while Murphy's Fulham manager Mark Hughes – himself a former Rovers chief – insisted that was up to the player, he accepts the midfielder may have got it wrong.

Hughes said: "Yes, they were comments that maybe with hindsight Danny would have felt better about this week if he hadn't actually named the clubs.

"That was probably something he regrets, but I would have thought if you speak to him, maybe he was still trying to make a valid point. Maybe he did it in the wrong way.

"But you'd have to ask him if he felt he should apologise." And the manager added: "He's actually on the field of play. If he's witnessed a sea change or sensed a change in intent or attitudes, then he's best placed to say that.

"We can view from afar and have an opinion, but Danny's actually on the field of play and he felt he needed to say something on the issue.

"Danny's an experienced guy. He possibly will learn from this episode."

Hughes' side will attempt to build on their unbeaten start to the season against Spurs at Craven Cottage today.

With Spurs facing a midweek Champions League clash with Inter Milan, the Cottagers boss knows this is a great chance for Fulham to leapfrog their London rivals.

But he believes opposite number Harry Redknapp will relish the pressure of back-to-back big games that could prove to be a launchpad for the England job.

Hughes said: "The fact that he's in the Champions League is a real stimulus. I think he's enjoying that experience.

"I'm sure, given his track record and the success he's had in recent times, it won't faze him.

"If he gets to the latter stages, it would be fantastic for him. If he can get to the latter stages, he will enhance his reputation."

Lighthouse

'Maybe he did it the wrong way' is the nearest thing Hughes is qouted as saying that makes the headline, even spelled correctly, close to being true. But as we all know, when you're worng your're worng.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WHITEwitch

I wish more had come out in support of Danny - it's strange that virtually everyone agreed with him but no-one stood up to be counted.

If he apologises to Lardarse Sam I will be very sad to see it - I like that Sparky bought up the being actually on the field of play I think that lent weight to the statement.

Why does everyone pussy foot around what we all know to be the truth.

At the very least these tackles are incompetent and should be addressed.

Scissor tackles aren't illegal yet if a player's standing leg is trapped there isn't much he can do to save it or to fall without injury regardless of competence or intent.

CorkedHat

The sad thing is that their 20p cover price has enabled its circulation to over 870,000. The good thing is that the IQ of anyone who reads the paper is about the same as their flip flop size and no intelligent person will take any notice of what the paper says, right or worng
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

SmithyFFC

FTID

White Noise

The Daily Star is not worth even the 10p they were charging until recently. There is zero journalism in there it is all lifted from rivals, the internet and press releases. It is genuinely shocking how deliberately misleading their cover headlines are. Almost none of them are true. It is always the first paper to sell out in the newsagent though. God bless our education system!

Murphy for man of the match this avo though.

Logicalman

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 16, 2010, 10:55:28 AM
Cant argue with 20p. Pay what its worth.

Cheaper than poop-paper, as long as you tear the strips properly!!!  :015:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on October 16, 2010, 01:43:59 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 16, 2010, 10:55:28 AM
Cant argue with 20p. Pay what its worth.

Cheaper than poop-paper, as long as you tear the strips properly!!!  :015:

Or as we kids used to say in Battersea - "Don't take down the curtains Mum , we ain't read ém".  :011:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us