watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team against Newcastle - Saturday 22/12/18

Started by WhiteJC, December 18, 2018, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Sessegnon missing through injury is a blow. Hope Ranieri gives Kebano a chance think he would be good away from home
Come on you Whites!! :)

sunburywhite

As everybody has had Sess in their team then nobody will have made the correct selection this week
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Tonywa

Show just how weak we are defensively when Odoi and Ream keep getting selected when neither is up to Prem standard.

davew

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2018, 10:24:51 AM
All options have been tried and failed. Now both Cairney and Mitrovic have been left out of the team in an attempt to improve team performance. This team selection is a lottery and I don't know what is best and am not sure that Ranieri does. Best I can do is:-

Rico

?                  ?               ?                   ?

Chambers                   ?

?                            ?                                    ?

Mitrovic

Brilliant (lol), now Newcastle know what we are planning, I have to agree with your choice, perhaps we should put an advent calendar on the official Fulham website and peel off the names of the players behind the numbers!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 21, 2018, 10:34:06 AM
As everybody has had Sess in their team then nobody will have made the correct selection this week
Must be a rollover then to the next game, wish I had picked a team which I would not have included Sess (sadly), he is in the pack of players that we have that are not good enough to play in the PL, but he will make the grade in the next couple of years!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wingnut

I'd go with the team below.

Rico

Christie     MLM  Mawson          Bryan

Chambers   Cisse

AK47          Seri          Kebano

Mitro
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brightster#2

At this point I would go

———————————-Schwarzer————————
Pantsil—————Hughes———Hangeland————Konchesky
Duff——————-Etuhu————Murphy—————-Dempsey
——————————-Gera——————————————
———————————————-Zamora

Brawn

GK 25 S Rico

RB 22 C Christie
RCB 26 A Mawson
LCB 20 M Le Marchand
LB 23 J Bryan

RCM 5 C Chambers
LCM 24 J Seri

RAM 36 L De La Torre
CAM 10 T Cairney
LAM 14 A Schurrle

ST 9 A Mitrovic

Subs:
1 M Bettinelli
4 D Odoi
6 K McDonald
8 S Johansen
13 T Ream
19 L Vietto
47 A Kamara

Left-field? Perhaps. But Odoi and Ream were at fault on Saturday for the first goal, and I'd rather not play Kamara given he had more misses than Henry VIII. If we'd have put the chances away on Saturday, we'd have won, easily. At this level you can't afford to squander your opportunities, and he has to be dropped.

Hopefully MLM is fit - talk about a candidate for most improved!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 18, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
I've seen us play without Seri on the pitch, and believe it or not, we are significantly worse. As of now, he has to play.

Rico

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan

Chambers Seri

Kamara Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Defensively?  Which game?

Rico

Christie     Odoi      Mawson      Bryan (I'd prefer MLM)

Chambers   Seri     Cairney    Schurrle

AK47          Mitro

I don't see Seri being pulled by Claudio when we don't have a definitive replacement in the holding spot.   I'm not a big fan of Johansson either.  McDonald looks slow.

Wasn't Vietto a striker?   Maybe play him right behind Mitro instead of AK47?

Brawn

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 22, 2018, 01:19:00 AMI'm not a big fan of Johansson either.

I don't like Stefan Johansson either. Ron Dennis made the right move replacing him with Senna in 1988.

(This is a humourous attempt at saying watch your spelling.)

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Brawn on December 22, 2018, 01:16:34 AM
GK 25 S Rico

RB 22 C Christie
RCB 26 A Mawson
LCB 20 M Le Marchand
LB 23 J Bryan

RCM 5 C Chambers
LCM 24 J Seri

RAM 36 L De La Torre
CAM 10 T Cairney
LAM 14 A Schurrle

ST 9 A Mitrovic

Subs:
1 M Bettinelli
4 D Odoi
6 K McDonald
8 S Johansen
13 T Ream
19 L Vietto
47 A Kamara

Left-field? Perhaps. But Odoi and Ream were at fault on Saturday for the first goal, and I'd rather not play Kamara given he had more misses than Henry VIII. If we'd have put the chances away on Saturday, we'd have won, easily. At this level you can't afford to squander your opportunities, and he has to be dropped.

Hopefully MLM is fit - talk about a candidate for most improved!
I like this! Perhaps its a bit of a stretch for De La Torre and cannot see Claudio dropping AK47 plus Kebano and Ayite have game time ahead of DLT. I think MLM is fit as the only injuries acknowledged have been Sess and Zambo.
Quark, strangeness and charm

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I would like to see a 4-4-2 (Defence (and cover) first and perhaps play a long ball game

Rico
                     ?     Odoi   Mawsom   Bryan
                     Chambers  TC    KMac   Sess/Cisse
                                  AK   Mitro

I only saw the game on TV but thought AK was excellent, OK his finishing wasn't "clinical"
   but his effort, positional play, enthusiasm, defensive potential and pure "rawness and pace"
   deserve his continued opportunity.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Matt10

It's like you guys don't trust Ranieri's reflection in saying the first half against West Ham wast the best we have played. Why would this be disrupted then?

RaySmith

That first-half was  very good, maybe our best this season, and we should have scored,  and even after we went behind we kept going forward and creating good   chances, that we should have scored from, only to go behind again, but we still tried to get  back in it. In the second half they sat back, and there was  bit of  a stalemate, but if we'd been in front, they'd have had to come at us, and left themselves exposed the back.

So, should we start with this?

Sergio Rico
Denis Odoi
Alfie Mawson
Tim Ream

Joe Bryan
Calum Chambers
Jean Michael Seri

Tom Cairney
Aboubakar Kamara
André Schürrle

Aleksandar M

Though, of course, we are away this time. maybe KMac should start. And should Schurrle start - does he do enough defensively? Although,  he is someone who can score, and maybe works harder than people think.

RaySmith

I really do think we have been very unlucky, and are desperately in need of the confidence good results, that we deserve, will give us.
I do think it's starting to come together, but  missed chances and  the same old defensive lapses, have  undone us - but a couple of wins, even  one, and with confidence coming back, I think  we could see a completely different team.

Our players are better than their results, and also becoming more of a team.

Let's hope for the best today at Newcastle, to where I'm shortly setting out.
The players deserve it, and out brilliant away support certainly does. Let's hope we're cheering a Fulham victory.We have to think we're in with a chance, just try not to make any errors and concede early. xmascheer1 049:gif
049:gif

We are Fulham, we'll never 093.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wingnut on December 21, 2018, 10:23:13 PM
I'd go with the team below.

Rico

Christie     MLM  Mawson          Bryan

Chambers   Cisse

AK47          Seri          Kebano

Mitro

This is almost the closest and near enough the team I would select, given who is available.
My only one concern is that for me, the jury is out with Seri, I would definitely select Cairney. Seri will be off to another club sooner rather than later.
However, I understand the reasons as it is not easy to select a starting eleven when not that many have been playing as well as you would expect.
I am glad to see Cisse in this eleven, he cannot do any worse than others, he deserves his chance.
As does Kebano, and I am surprised he has not been involved more, considering the poor performances of others.
That back four is as good as we have by a long way, and they should stick with it.
The more consistent we are, the more likely we will have a settle side, and it works both ways. The more settled we are the more consistent we should be.
Cisse and Kebano are fighters and will punch their weight.
Whereas the likes of Schurrie who is not only a luxury we cannot afford, but we are playing with ten men when he is on the pitch.
Need to get some kind of result today to stop the rot.
A team similar to this one is capable, but I prefer Tom to Seri, although currently some may say it's a tight call.
Roll on the Transfer Window, in the meantime we need stability and desperately need to pick up precious points before the Burnley match at Turf Moor.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 22, 2018, 01:19:00 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 18, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
I've seen us play without Seri on the pitch, and believe it or not, we are significantly worse. As of now, he has to play.

Rico

Christie Odoi Mawson Bryan

Chambers Seri

Kamara Cairney Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Defensively?  Which game?

Rico

Christie     Odoi      Mawson      Bryan (I'd prefer MLM)

Chambers   Seri     Cairney    Schurrle

AK47          Mitro

I don't see Seri being pulled by Claudio when we don't have a definitive replacement in the holding spot.   I'm not a big fan of Johansson either.  McDonald looks slow.

Wasn't Vietto a striker?   Maybe play him right behind Mitro instead of AK47?
mlm for Bryan.

Neil D

Find it hard to believe that anyone would play Seri ahead of Cairney.  Neither is up to much defensively admittedly but Cairney one's foot is better than Seri's two.  Vietto ahead of Schurrle. 

filham

Oh for a return of those days last season when the team picked itself, there are so many options for today, each one being no better than the next.

It really is time Ranieri decided on his best starting eleven amd stuck with it for a few games.

AnOldBrownie

Apparently a 3-5-2 today.

Imo Christie and Byran need to focus on defense and stay back 5-3-2...hopefully keeping the first clean sheet of the season.

Gotta stop the goals from leaking in.

I knew he wouldn't drop Seri.