watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slav bingo vs Tinkerman

Started by Spirit of 2000, December 21, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

It's now apparent that Ranieri is making wholesale changes often following the pattern set by Slav.

Sadly the most likely reason is collectively we are just -
1) Not good enough
and / or
2) Have the Wrong players needed for where we are.

Have we got a competent right back at this level? Odoi and Christie both championship standard fullbacks
Left back not much better - Bryan an excellent championship left back but not had enough time to prove quality at this level, MLM a make shift at CB or LB.
Centre backs - no obvious quality - Our best pedigree CB being Mawson who's been troubled by injury and was actually relegated from this league last season with Swansea
Midfield & attack - Cairney - what's his best position in this setup? Seri & Anguissa both very much come under wrong players for what we need. KMac, StefJo - excellent championship players - but premier standard? Chambers has made an excellent DM - so that's the one nailed on position.  Ayite, Kebano - champiosnhip players. Schurrle the epitomy of luxury player. Kamara - raw power & pace but not a premier player.
So yes Rico, Chambers, Sessegnon & Mitrovic are fine - the rest debatable at best & maybe why we've seen so many different starting X1's under both managers. Will January be enough to plug the gaps?? Not overly optimistic myself.

filham

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 21, 2018, 03:48:57 PM
It's now apparent that Ranieri is making wholesale changes often following the pattern set by Slav.

1) Not good enough
and / or

Have we got a competent right back at this level? Odoi and Christie both championship standard fullbacks
Left back not much better - Bryan an excellent championship left back but not had enough time to prove quality at this level, MLM a make shift at CB or LB.
Centre backs - no obvious quality - I best pedigree CB being Mawson who's been troubled by injury and was actually relegated from this league last season with Swansea
Midfield & attack - Cairney - what's his best position in this setup? Seri & Anguissa both very much come under wrong players for what we need. KMac, StefJo - excellent championship players - but premier standard? Chambers has made an excellent DM - so that's the one nailed on position.  Ayite, Kebano - champiosnhip players. Schurrle the epitomy of luxury player. Kamara - raw power & pace but not a premier player.
So yes Rico, Chambers, Sessegnon & Mitrovic are fine - the rest debatable at best & maybe why we've seen so many different starting X1's under both managers. Will January be enough to stop the gaps?? Not overly optimistic myself.
Fully agree with this analysis , so we have four players up to the required standard and I would take a chance on Kamara because the team needs his physical strength and enthusiasm. This means we need six new players of Premier league standard which is just not going to happen.

We are facing relegation like never before.

Robbie

In the next two weeks we will pretty much know our fate...... we may need to hang on to those Championship players

Spirit of 2000

Sadly I see no way out. If you lack quality you need fighters and team spirit. We are not blessed with quality for this level or spirited fighters as Cardiff are. As above ... we don't need Cahill and Drinkwater... we need about another 3 experienced premiership campaigners on top of that to have a chance ... and the wafer thin squad we ended last season with coupled with the I'll conceived and costly transfer window has left us well and truly screwed with regards to bringing in many in January... loan limitations and FFP in tandem with the owners probably thinking twice about further major investment should we be cut adrift on 1st January means we're odds on for the drop sadly.

filham

Our two fullbacks are not as good as we had last season, I am beginning to think that our present line ups are not as strong as last season.
Someone at the club should be writing a book titled " How to waste £100 million in football"

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Robbie on December 21, 2018, 06:42:15 PM
In the next two weeks we will pretty much know our fate...... we may need to hang on to those Championship players

Yup. We will need to hold onto StefJo, KMac,  Betts, Odoi, Ayite, Kebano, Kamara. Ream, Bryan, Christie etc as that's the basis of a decent championship side. We would at least be in better shape than after relegation last time.

Holders

Quote from: filham on December 21, 2018, 06:51:38 PM
Our two fullbacks are not as good as we had last season, I am beginning to think that our present line ups are not as strong as last season.
Someone at the club should be writing a book titled " How to waste £100 million in football"

"Moneyballsup"?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Matt10

Bingo isn't just by personnel. Slav made wholesale changes at tactics and system as well, and he did it in the middle of matches, such as placing Kmac at CB for example. His adjustments mid-match were significant, and they placed players out of position. It's still early days, so who knows, Ranieri may do the same thing, but as the data shows Slav played a lot more bingo.

Ranieri

4-2-3-1
4-1-2-1-2 (vs Chelsea)

Slav

4-3-3
4-2-3-1
4-4-1-1
3-4-3 (switched to 4-3-3 mid-match against Arsenal)

source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/170/Show/England-Fulham

alfie

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 21, 2018, 06:55:22 PM

Yup. We will need to hold onto StefJo, KMac,  Betts, Odoi, Ayite, Kebano, Kamara. Ream, Bryan, Christie etc as that's the basis of a decent championship side. We would at least be in better shape than after relegation last time.
What makes you think they can do it again, they had a great moment in time, but does not follow that they will be as good again.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 21, 2018, 03:48:57 PM

1) Not good enough
and / or

Centre backs - no obvious quality - Our best pedigree CB being Mawson who's been troubled by injury and was actually relegated from this league last season with Swansea
So yes Rico, Chambers, Sessegnon & Mitrovic are fine - the rest debatable at best & maybe why we've seen so many different starting X1's under both managers. Will January be enough to plug the gaps?? Not overly optimistic myself.
Good points, you have asked some questions but also provided the answers, my reply to your initial points 1 and 2 is correct and correct!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: alfie on December 21, 2018, 09:15:10 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 21, 2018, 06:55:22 PM

What makes you think they can do it again, they had a great moment in time, but does not follow that they will be as good again.

How many times did Ayite, Kebano, Kamara ,Bryan and Christie play for us last season (the stat's boys will provide that info), I would think not so many? Why are we continuing to look backwards, we must clutch at straws I suppose!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Under Slav we had a different back 4 every game.  CR changed it when we had injury problems but I believe he didn't need to drop Christie. But really this is just another post slamming the players without looking at why we had changes. Slav never found his side. CR has been here a few games and was trying to find his settled back 4 until injury.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 21, 2018, 09:59:57 PM
Under Slav we had a different back 4 every game.  CR changed it when we had injury problems but I believe he didn't need to drop Christie. But really this is just another post slamming the players without looking at why we had changes. Slav never found his side. CR has been here a few games and was trying to find his settled back 4 until injury.

He changed 3 of the back 4. Only one of those changes was necessitated by injury.

And FWIW I'm willing to bet a similar proportion of Slav's changes were necessitated by injury.