watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Calum Chambers

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 24, 2018, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I know I've mentioned him before, that I think he's very good - is there any chance we can make the move permanent in January.....he also appears happy wearing a Fulham shirt...and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.... I'm convinced he's got goals in him

Bassey the warrior

I'd love to sign him but it won't happen.

Statto

It won't happen in January. Perhaps if we stayed up and offered £20m or something like that in the summer it could happen. But whilst I agree he's useful in the DM role, I don't think he's worth anywhere near that much.

Woolly Mammoth

I would love it if we could sign Calum Chambers.
It's not so much what a player is worth, it's more about what a club is prepared to pay to get him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffcne

Holding the midfield together.
Good again Saturday.
Committed to the cause.

DevonFFC

Surely he doesn't have a future at Arsenal, so when we stay up we are as good an option for him as anywhere. He wouldn't get into any top 10 team

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 24, 2018, 10:53:34 AM
It won't happen in January. Perhaps if we stayed up and offered £20m or something like that in the summer it could happen. But whilst I agree he's useful in the DM role, I don't think he's worth anywhere near that much.

Agree
STH H3

filham

Yes Chambers is doing well for us in the defensive midfield role but he never quite produced what was needed in the back four.

No need to rush into anything, just leave things as they are and then look at our options in the summer. Arsenal would squeeze us hard in our present situation.

Holders

We don't need to buy him now, unless to free up space for a loan, and I very much doubt he'd want to sign anyway given our league position.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Ara's bacon crisps

I imagine we're going to sign Drinkwater as an upgrade to do the same role in January and then Chambers will probably be back on the bench. Which is harsh because he's been good as a CDM, but I guess there will probably be upgrades all round, which has to be a good thing?

filham

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on December 24, 2018, 03:02:58 PM
I imagine we're going to sign Drinkwater as an upgrade to do the same role in January and then Chambers will probably be back on the bench. Which is harsh because he's been good as a CDM, but I guess there will probably be upgrades all round, which has to be a good thing?
Now that Ranieri has the taste of a clean sheet it is possible he would play both Drinkwater and Chambers in midfield.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on December 24, 2018, 07:09:09 PM
Now that Ranieri has the taste of a clean sheet it is possible he would play both Drinkwater and Chambers in midfield.
Hypothetical right now, but if it happened it could work well for away games.

Deeping_white

I think this option has its merits, and allows us to unleash Seri much further forward without necessarily having the defensive duties imposed on him alongside being the architect of creating chances. My only worry with Drinkwater is that his best season came alongside Kante, who's proven himself to be a world class box to box and defensive midfielder. Now Chambers has proven himself to be an astute DM but he'd need to be doing a lot of ball winning to allow Drinkwater to flourish properly like Kante did alongside him at Leicester, which if he can then great because it gives a good platform to build from

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on December 25, 2018, 02:27:54 PM

I think this option has its merits, and allows us to unleash Seri much further forward without necessarily having the defensive duties imposed on him alongside being the architect of creating chances. My only worry with Drinkwater is that his best season came alongside Kante, who's proven himself to be a world class box to box and defensive midfielder. Now Chambers has proven himself to be an astute DM but he'd need to be doing a lot of ball winning to allow Drinkwater to flourish properly like Kante did alongside him at Leicester, which if he can then great because it gives a good platform to build from

"Unleash Seri" now there's an interesting concept.