watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another gloomy thread (sorry)!

Started by davew, December 24, 2018, 09:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I suppose when your team are playing well and getting results a lot of fixtures look winnable. At the start of the season I like many others on here were thinking mid table to a 15th position finish, but now, I don't know what to think! Looking at the fixtures in the months of January, February and March, they are frightening! We might get 3 points in January if we beat Brighton at home, truthfully (not just being pessimistic) can't see us getting any points in February and March, look at the fixtures and judge for yourselves. After that there are 6 games left of which on paper (even with our current form) we might be able to win 5 of them, so in my opinion, 3 points in January + 15 from our last 6 fixtures + our current total (10) = 28, so we have to win our next 2 games to have any chance of staying up, tall order!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

Dave, I'll wager you gave up on Santa before you were five. Don't be so negative. Be cheerful, its the holiday season.

:merry christmas:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jimsbeerbelly

This all hinges on how good our January transfer window is. If we don't improve well enough, then no, but if we add 4 or so decent players, then why can't we get a point or 3 at Burnley, and 3 at home to Brighton. Feb, can't see why we can't get anything away at Palace, Soton, and West Ham, say 4pts out of that. March I agree is tough, but with new faces gelling, we could take a scalp.

Milo

FFCpmd

Davew, if I ever get severely depressed, would you please give me the name of your therapist, so that I can go and see anyone but them...

Happy Christmas to everyone at FOF!   

coyw

Robbie

Somehow some people think the January transfer window will save us, when haw that ever happened in the Premier League?

BedsFFC

Dave, do you ever think that maybe following a football team is really not your thing.

Denver Fulham

It's not a complicated picture for me, now that Southampton have a real manager.

We're in a four-team league with Cardiff, Huddersfield and Burnley, and have to win it. I'd guess something like 32 or 33 points has a very solid chance to be enough.

Dodger53

Happy Christmas to all of you! I will always support Fulham but some of our current squad are as they say not fit to wear the shirt. I am not that depressed at the thought of relegation but I am depressed at the thought of paying to watch some of the current squad.
COYWS

The Rational Fan

I think this may be the season that 31 points might be enough, plus it is not impossible we will be 19 points after Wolves, Huddersfield and Burnley. And while February/March contain Home games against Top of Table teams and Away games against mid-table teams, we should be able to pick up points and improve our defence. We will end up with the 27th April against Cardiff knowing one of us must go down.

davew

After reading those replies I feel so much more reassured and happier today. Particularly like the replies from FFCpmd and of course BedsFFC, I wish them and every other forum member a great Christmas, a prosperous New Year and of course to FFC a successful outcome and survival of the relegation battle this season.

alfie

Quote from: davew on December 24, 2018, 09:33:29 PM
I suppose when your team are playing well and getting results a lot of fixtures look winnable. At the start of the season I like many others on here were thinking mid table to a 15th position finish, but now, I don't know what to think! Looking at the fixtures in the months of January, February and March, they are frightening! We might get 3 points in January if we beat Brighton at home, truthfully (not just being pessimistic) can't see us getting any points in February and March, look at the fixtures and judge for yourselves. After that there are 6 games left of which on paper (even with our current form) we might be able to win 5 of them, so in my opinion, 3 points in January + 15 from our last 6 fixtures + our current total (10) = 28, so we have to win our next 2 games to have any chance of staying up, tall order!!
Well Dave these are your personal thoughts, but I choose to be more on the optimistic side and say any game is winnable, from a dodgy pen to an own goal.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MikeW

Robbie: The Jan transfer window saving a team? Didn't it happen to us under Woy?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Peabody

You fill your boots with doom and gloom Dave but as far as  I am concerned, whatever the outcome, there will still be a Fulham FC to support

davew

Quote from: Peabody on December 25, 2018, 09:22:53 AM
You fill your boots with doom and gloom Dave but as far as  I am concerned, whatever the outcome, there will still be a Fulham FC to support
Like you I have seen many ups and downs since the mid 50's and I still support the club and always will, the doom and gloom perhaps reflects my disappointment this season (so far)!

Woolly Mammoth

Merry Christmas to every Fulham Supporter 🎄🍺⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 25, 2018, 01:31:50 PM
Merry Christmas to every Fulham Supporter 🎄🍺⚽️
nice one woolly piont made but who cares ho ho ho