watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, December 26, 2018, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

In my opinion,  a draw was a fair result. I think we shaded the first half and the hey dominated the second. In the first half they relied on the long ball, something that they were not very good at. Second, when they put the ball on the deck, then they wer v ray impressive. As forFulham, well they fought for everything and whilst the defence looked reasonable the midfield did not function very well. A word about Tom Kearney, when he came on, he looked disinterested, either his sulking or is still carrying an injury. I hope it is the latter.

bill taylors apprentice

I agree.
I've said elsewhere Cairney's been found out and he needs to up his physical effort and put his body on the line a bit more.

Do the dirty work and make the fancy stuff the icing on the cake.

ex-Pat

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 26, 2018, 03:56:21 PM
I agree.
I've said elsewhere Cairney's been found out and he needs to up his physical effort and put his body on the line a bit more.

Do the dirty work and make the fancy stuff the icing on the cake.

Cairney isn't good enough with one foot, great in the championship.

Twig

I agree that our midfield didn't function too well as a unit.  Not sure it looked any better before the substitutions, Seri contributes little and a Schurrle was, well ......Schurrle.  I did think Sess brought some welcome vibrancy. He is just as threatening as Schurrle going forwRd but provides far better defensive cover.  He should be a starter for me now he is fit.
The game did rather pass TC by, but I am not sure Rangers is playing him in the right position.

WokingFFC

Not sure why you would play him wide right, has only got one foot, has no pace and lacks the desire to tackle. Whilst I blame him for effort, I cannot when played in that position. Was not effective in that position at Newcastle, so Ranieri needs to stop play him there and go with Ayite.

grandad

Cairney can´t perform being played wide. He has to play in the middle.This means you can´t have him & Seri at the same time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Due to family commitments I had to watch today on Sky with their disgustingly biased commentary.
As far as they were concerned the only important moment in the first half was our handball although they did seem to enjoy saying that Fulham should have made more of their first half chances.
Watching on TV you get a different view of the game but the commentators were fully correct by pointing out that Wolves changed their tactics in the second half and certainly moved the ball much quicker than in the first half. We struggled to cope with their almost toothless skill.
It is wrong to criticise the team for conceding one goal as they scored their slide in and Mitro could not get to Christis's cross (shot !!) which cost us a first half goal. There were no obviously stupid errors but Kamara lacks experience and Mitro needs more muscle to help him.
Had Mitro's late effort trickled over the line we would have been looking at things differently but you have to make your own luck in our tough position.

filham

A good defensive performance again today, Ranieri has solved the problem in this area by turning a back four into a back five and giving them help from chambers in midfield.

Provding they are all fit Christie, Odoi, Ream, Mawsom Bryan and Chambers will start on Saturday, they almost produced another clean sheet and of course Mirovic has to be the first name on the team sheet.

The midfield is nor quite ticking over as it should but if Sess replaces Shurrle things may improve.

The real disappointment today was Cairney, nothing outstanding from him during his substitute appearance .

Neutral Zone Ultra

Thought Seri played really well today, maybe didn't create a lot, because we tended to go long ball from defense and Rico, but linked up really well with play and his passes were almost always accurate. Put a shift in too, saw a lot of running about from him offensively and defensively, and was vocal with the defense and midfield, usually Chambers and Mawson.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on December 26, 2018, 04:22:05 PM
Cairney can´t perform being played wide. He has to play in the middle.This means you can´t have him & Seri at the same time.

He could certainly have done a better job getting between the ball and our goal once we were a goal up.!

There was little effort from him defensively and as for playing in the middle, dwelling on the ball in the centre and playing short passes just puts us under more pressure in the PL

He has the ability but he needs to look hard at his game and find a way to battle.

Moltobueno

Ream was bad today, i hope mlm gets a start next game

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 26, 2018, 04:44:17 PM
I think 'bad' is a bit harsh, judged most balls reasonably well and didn't look too troubled, however in our system his lack of pace is a real issue, because the center backs tended to move forward to intercept passes and then one of the others would fill the gap behind, and then Ream would be in a struggle to keep up tracking back once he had moved forward out of position. It also didn't help that he tended to drift up the pitch anyway.

Moltobueno

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 26, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
I think 'bad' is a bit harsh, judged most balls reasonably well and didn't look too troubled

Whenever i try to think back to the game and especially T.Ream, all I can see is Ream running running through a high ball, T.Ream being 20metres ahead of R.Jimenez and still lose the run and T.Ream letting R.Jimenez to shoot an overhead kick towards our goal. And that's just 1st half. MLM surely can't do any worse and has more pace.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 26, 2018, 06:00:55 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 26, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
I think 'bad' is a bit harsh, judged most balls reasonably well and didn't look too troubled

Whenever i try to think back to the game and especially T.Ream, all I can see is Ream running running through a high ball, T.Ream being 20metres ahead of R.Jimenez and still lose the run and T.Ream letting R.Jimenez to shoot an overhead kick towards our goal. And that's just 1st half. MLM surely can't do any worse and has more pace.
Yeah I mean it was far from perfect, I just think for the time being given that we seem to have found a defensive system that works we should aim for a bit of consistency. That said I do think MLM is a better defender than Ream so it's a tricky decision.