watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Goal conceded against Wolves

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 27, 2018, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I see a lot of heat aimed at Rico... let's be honest, he was put between a rock and a hard place. The ultimate issue was that 3 Fulham players were around Carvalho and yet none of them had a clue that he was open and awaiting the through ball. The incisive pass straight through to Carvalho opened up the defense and led to players crashing within 2 yards of the goal line. Rico's peripheral vision was clouded out, and he did as well as he could. I don't blame Rico or Bryan for the goal, I blame the three players who failed to mark Carvalho. Thoughts? 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bahay18

Yep he got caught in 2 minds and in the end didn't cover the cross or the back post ,kind of just fell over. Odoi switched off because the wolves player was slow coming back from an offside position which was what caused the problem. Bryan was well placed , i think he should have been able to deal with that . But will give him the benefit of the doubt because he does get a shove. But at least it wasn't the shocking type of goal we have been conceding where there are 4 or 5 players unmarked queuing up to tap in after one of our players played a hospital ball into midfield .

nose returns

I think Rico is massively overrated on this MB but he was not in error for the goal.
There were marginal issues with defenders positioning. The real issue was the poor second and third substitutions.
Classic poor manager error inviting good opposition to attack. AK was hurt g them... When he went off the poured down the RW
I love TC but that is not his position... Ranieri cost us 2 points, I hope he learns.

Alexcoyw

For me kmac is at fault, he shouldn't have come on in the first place, we were positioning well how were were, and we didn't need another holding mid. He was with saiss when the ball was played from moutinho to cavaleiro, but decided to let saiss peel off him when the ball came in across the six yard. Absolutely gutted

sunburywhite

Quote from: Alexcoyw on December 27, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
For me kmac is at fault, he shouldn't have come on in the first place, we were positioning well how were were, and we didn't need another holding mid. He was with saiss when the ball was played from moutinho to cavaleiro, but decided to let saiss peel off him when the ball came in across the six yard. Absolutely gutted

Exactly what I said on another thread, he totally switched off
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Not too worried about conceding a single goal in the last two matches and am confident of a good defensive performance against Huddersfield.

Of more concern is the chances missed , we have scored but a single goal in the last two games and Mitrovic is not hitting the net.

Arthur

Quote from: nose on December 27, 2018, 04:19:43 PM
The real issue was the poor second and third substitutions.
Classic poor manager error inviting good opposition to attack. AK was hurt g them... When he went off the poured down the RW
I love TC but that is not his position... Ranieri cost us 2 points, I hope he learns.

After a good first half, I cannot think of a single occasion that Kamara 'hurt' our opponents in the second half. Not that he was alone in not threatening; Wolves controlled the flow of the game following their half-time tactical change.

While the introduction of Cairney and McDonald didn't change that flow, Wolves didn't rely on any 'invitation' from our manager - the pattern of the half had already been established. We might have hoped for Ranieri's substitutions to have had more of a positive effect, but your analysis does not convince me that they cost us the victory.