watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You Heard It Here First

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 27, 2018, 05:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

also not sure how far along Mrs.Cairney is but i'm not sure he'd want to uproot all the way up North at the moment
touch my camera through the fence

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 10:32:54 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
I know who would be on my list apart from Jonjo Shelvey........there is ......
Nathanial Clyne, Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Jermaine Defoe, Victor Moses to name but a few.
To help get us out of the bottom three.

We spent nearly £30m on Frank, surely we can tempt Stoke to let us have Joe Allen for £20m??
£20m?!! no thanks

Neutral Zone Ultra

Nathanial Clyne, Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Jermaine Defoe, Victor Moses to name but a few.
Defoe is past it

Bill2

Is this the same shelvy who can't get a game for Newcastle and is a dirty off the ball merchant. So my answer IS NO NO NO.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 27, 2018, 11:44:26 AM

We spent nearly £30m on Frank, surely we can tempt Stoke to let us have Joe Allen for £20m??
£20m?!! no thanks

We've spent £100m on a load of players where only about half of them have been successful and you want to quibble over values now?

Think I spend £50m if he kept us up.

SG

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: SG on December 27, 2018, 09:29:41 AM
Quote from: Moltobueno on December 27, 2018, 07:29:31 AM
well if that happens, newcastle will be the only winner here

Based on his cameo performances yesterday I would have to vehemently disagree with you

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the rest of the 951 minutes he's played this season?

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the 11,308 minutes of competitive football he's played in a white shirt?

:54:  yeah top stuff there fella, keep it up.

His performances last season are unfortunately of no relevance to our current plight. His performances this season have been disappointing to put it mildly and we thought yesterday that he simply looked disinterested. We loved him last season but we have moved on and have to judge him on his performances now.

howitis

I think Shelvey is high class - is just what we need.
Can pick a pass, has an eye for goal, string in the tackle and a natural leader.

hovewhite

Quote from: howitis on December 27, 2018, 02:43:32 PM
Can pick a pass, has an eye for goal, string in the tackle and a natural leader.
looking yesterday before k.O a quick chat between Alfie and mitro who appear now the 2 leaders of the team getting shelvey. in would be a good move and would give us a great spine of Rico.alfie.shelvey.and mitro.
That would be a great foundation with shelvey another CH ,RB and a back up striker that would help achieve mission stay up.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

simplyfulham

Quote from: SG on December 27, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: SG on December 27, 2018, 09:29:41 AM

Based on his cameo performances yesterday I would have to vehemently disagree with you

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the rest of the 951 minutes he's played this season?

Based on 17 minutes of football vs the 11,308 minutes of competitive football he's played in a white shirt?

:54:  yeah top stuff there fella, keep it up.

His performances last season are unfortunately of no relevance to our current plight. His performances this season have been disappointing to put it mildly and we thought yesterday that he simply looked disinterested. We loved him last season but we have moved on and have to judge him on his performances now.

I don't agree with you and taking into account the entire teams downturn in fortunes his stats don't agree with you either.

He is still one of the better performers in below par side.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 27, 2018, 11:45:04 AM
Defoe is past it

Past what exactly?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Would take the swap, Shelvey all be it a while ago an England international, Cairney finding in hard to break into the Scotland team. Cairney has been found out in the premier league he needs to much time on the ball. Shelvey been in the Premier league for around 7 years and can spot a pass and has played with Mitro before as well

Cairney a Northern Lad perhaps moving back may suit him but doubt it would suit his girlfriend and also we would probably have to buy Matt Smith and loan him to Sunderland or Middlesbrough

alfie

Quote from: hovewhite on December 27, 2018, 02:58:24 PM
Quote from: howitis on December 27, 2018, 02:43:32 PM
looking yesterday before k.O a quick chat between Alfie and mitro who appear now the 2 leaders of the team getting shelvey. in would be a good move and would give us a great spine of Rico.alfie.shelvey.and mitro. 
That would be a great foundation with shelvey another CH ,RB and a back up striker that would help achieve mission stay up.
I don't remember having this conversation, i am not going to play out of position, my place is left back
In the dressing room.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2018, 04:12:52 PM
Defoe is past it

Past what exactly?
Past being able to score a significant number of goals in the Premier League

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: simplyfulham on December 27, 2018, 02:17:53 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 27, 2018, 11:44:26 AM

£20m?!! no thanks

We've spent £100m on a load of players where only about half of them have been successful and you want to quibble over values now?

Think I spend £50m if he kept us up.
£20m could get you a lot better than a Championship midfielder.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 27, 2018, 05:34:29 PM
Defoe is past it

Past what exactly?

Who scores a significant amount of goals in the Premier League that will join Fulham exactly.
I am not expecting him to score enough goals to win us the Premier League.
But he is capable of scoring goals, and goals that could save Fulhams neck. Used cutely and wisely in bursts half hour here. 45 mins there, is a another string to our bow. It's not rocket science, our most important objective is to stay up, and if we do, the rest will take care of itself.
Cause the likes of Vietto won't score anywhere near enough goals, yet you are not complaining about him, or Fonte, another waste of money based on the ludicrous stats, it must be and has to be ageism then.
We could sign him for a period agreed, rest of this season to succeed in helping keep us up, with another season if agreed, as his experience and know how would be welcome.
Or are you waiting for Fonte and Vietto to come good, because you will have a very long wait, and by then we will be back in the Championship or Div One even.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Cairney is 27 - Shelby is 26.....shame we can't have both

Moltobueno

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 27, 2018, 07:49:52 AM

Whys that? Shelvey has done it in the Premier league & despite being a big Tom Cairney fan I'm having serious doubts about his ability to make the step up.
TC great with the ball at his feet but hes a borderline liablity without it.

imo replacing our captain with a player that struggles to get onto the bench of newcastle is a bad deal.

Despite of the bad game he had, he is still one of our best players. He can maintain the ball, create chances, find accurate passes and his shots are lethal. And that is with only his left foot eventhough opponents are aware he uses one foot only.

I can't see what Shelvey has to offer except a cannonball shot that goes 50-50 on target or to the river. Probably some muscles.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on December 27, 2018, 05:34:29 PM
Defoe is past it

Past what exactly?

Who scores a significant amount of goals in the Premier League that will join Fulham exactly.
I am not expecting him to score enough goals to win us the Premier League.
But he is capable of scoring goals, and goals that could save Fulhams neck. Used cutely and wisely in bursts half hour here. 45 mins there, is a another string to our bow. It's not rocket science, our most important objective is to stay up, and if we do, the rest will take care of itself.
Cause the likes of Vietto won't score anywhere near enough goals, yet you are not complaining about him, or Fonte, another waste of money based on the ludicrous stats, it must be and has to be ageism then.
We could sign him for a period agreed, rest of this season to succeed in helping keep us up, with another season if agreed, as his experience and know how would be welcome.
Or are you waiting for Fonte and Vietto to come good, because you will have a very long wait, and by then we will be back in the Championship or Div One even.
Damn stats all you want but Defoe has scored 4 Prem goals in 2 years and that tells me that, given his not insignificant wages and lack of resale value that he would in all likelihood not be a good signing.

Riversider

Cairney recently signed a 5 year contract that has made him a multi millionaire,  can't see another Premier League Club matching that, think he will be with us another 3 seasons after this one.