more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Huddersfield

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 29, 2018, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on December 29, 2018, 02:07:48 PM
Honestly I wouldn't have even bothered coming if I'd have seen that line up before I'd left the house
Fortunately I don't have to leave the house, I can now watch the darts instead (well maybe)! CR is either clueless or been brought in to sabotage our plans of staying up, though I want us to win, I find his team selections and constant changes worse than Joka. I must look at the team again, can't believe what I thought I saw the first time!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Moltobueno

Are we trying to confuse Wagner?

Well whatever it is, thats a proper tinkering

Milo

Very unhappy with this line up. Just when things coming together we play the two players least likely to make an impact on our must win game? Bizarre.

Needed Sess + AK today..

grandad

I just don´t see the value of playing Cairney on the right. It has never worked. He can only play in the No.10 role but with Seri also in central MF it is not going to happen. No pace without Sess & AK.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Well I wasn't dreaming no Sess, AK, MLM or Schurrle, shame Anguissa wasn't available he would probably also have been in the starting 11. We know Seri and Cairney can't play together, so now it all makes sense, the best way to stop the Fulham forum from moaning is to ensure relegation as soon as possible, keep it up Mr Ranieri your team selection today defies belief!!

S.F.Sorrow

No Sess? No AK? And I honestly don't see where Cairney fits into this formation??? I hope this works out better than it looks because on first glance this line-up looks absolutely horrible. If Ranieri gets this wrong we're in serious trouble.

davew

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on December 29, 2018, 02:25:26 PM
No Sess? No AK? And I honestly don't see where Cairney fits into this formation??? I hope this works out better than it looks because on first glance this line-up looks absolutely horrible. If Ranieri gets this wrong we're in serious trouble.
We are already!!

Fulham Tup North

Of course this could turn out to be a stroke of genius!!!! Let's see......
COYW. 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FFCSteve

Tinker man tinkers again!
If your gonna try something different do it against top six, not must win games!
Only reason to change would be to give players a rest I suppose
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

choice_of_ends

Schurrle out?! Was the best on the pitch against Wolves in the first half.
Would appreciate a bit of consistency to stabilise structure.
At least no changes at the back.

davew

Quote from: FFCSteve on December 29, 2018, 02:31:07 PM
Tinker man tinkers again!
If your gonna try something different do it against top six, not must win games!
Only reason to change would be to give players a rest I suppose
(LOL), yes our players have worked so hard this season, especially Rico, must have a bad back having bent down so many times to retrieve the ball from our net!

Moltobueno

Officially it's 3-4-3 but I expect it to look more like this:

Rico

Odoi        Mawson       Ream

Christie     Chambers      Seri     Bryan

Cairney

Vietto               Mitrovic

Matt10

Positive is our backline unchanged, midfield looks unchanged. Cairney and Vietto is a good nod to test our depth. Whether some of us like it or not, we need to do that. Is the best time to do it in a match like this? Maybe not. However, I am sure Ranieri is wanting to challenge his players; and noone is more challenged this week than Tom Cairney. Vietto is one I was just thinking about this week as well, but thought our depth was a bit too much for him to crack.

Intrigued and excited to see what happens.

FinFFC

CR is clearly trying to win the "possession-game" today. True, this line-up is lacking pace and one-on-one capability, but let's see. Maybe we can pass our way through deep lying Huddersfield defence(?)

Holders

Vietto must have impressed in training. I can see Sess and AK as a double substitution.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Arthur

Quote from: Twig on December 29, 2018, 02:15:05 PM
Vietto has done nothing to deserve a recall. Sess on the other hand...Ranieri has me puzzled and a bit p1ssed by this team.

Having not played for the past three games, where else can Vietto press his claim for a recall other than on the training pitch - which you and I are not party to. I don't think there's a great deal to choose between AK, Schurrle and Vietto - each has his attributes. What pleases me about this line-up is then inclusion of Cairney - we don't want to be allowing Huddersfield the lion's share of the ball.

I'm going to go against the general negativity towards Ranieri's selection and predict a two-goal victory.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 29, 2018, 02:34:40 PM

Rico

Cairney

I actually quite like this AK for Vietto in 2nd, Ryan for Bryan as well?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

I'm sure the subs will play a major role.

Jimsbeerbelly

Maybe done to confuse Wagner, not as if we don't know how Huddersfield have lined up. 6 defensive players in the side, no wingers, Mounie up front. They are digging in for the afternoon, and will hope to knick it on the break, or from a set piece.

sarvenpa

Quote from: maoconnor on December 29, 2018, 02:36:56 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on December 29, 2018, 02:34:40 PM

Rico

Cairney

I actually quite like this AK for Vietto in 2nd, Ryan for Bryan as well?

:plus one: