watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Put yourselves in AK's Shoes

Started by Peabody, December 30, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Yes, he was completely out of order, selfish and putting himself before the needs of the team but with all the pressure now on him, was it any wonder that he missed? I am not defending him, it was embarrassing for FFC. However, having got what he wanted, he must have been thinking, what have I done?rather than concentrating on the kick itself.

glenhodgso

Or, his mindset / though process might have been:

I've been on the pitch 30 minutes and I've got into better positions and created more chances than anyone else.
I've won the penalty
I won the last penalty too - and took it (after a little disagreement with Schurlle)
I scored that penalty at Old Trafford against De Gea.
The Hammy end loves me
I will score this, win the game for the team and everyone will love me even more
I will start against Arsenal

I think the seeds of yesterday may well have been  sown at OT. It was the second half and Mitro had been subbed. If (and it's a big if) Schurle was designated penalty taker then and AK took it anyway without too much grief from anyone, including Ranieri and his coaching staff then no wonder what happened yesterday came to pass.

Of course it is embarrassing - but I love the young man's passion and spirit. He is getting stronger, fitter, even faster and he doesn't look out of place in the Premier League.

Holders

Delay of any kind in a penalty being taken puts additional pressure on the taker more than the keeper. Maybe if he'd taken it straight away he'd have put it away. Not that he should have taken it at all, of course.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SP

I wonder if AK had the hump about starting on the bench?  In the warm up, it appeared he was trying to kick a ball onto the roof of the Riverside which narrowly missed a lady in the crowd.  He did apologise to her but very strange behaviour.

hovewhite

In many ways emotionally in mature and still spits his dummy out when doesn't get his own way.
Who knows what will happen,that said he in many ways gets better and better,but needs to grow up and quickly otherwise he may well miss a golden chance he only as to look at youngsters who were more talented than him, Morrison at man u under sir Alex.

gang

Quote from: SP on December 30, 2018, 10:43:31 AM
I wonder if AK had the hump about starting on the bench?  In the warm up, it appeared he was trying to kick a ball onto the roof of the Riverside which narrowly missed a lady in the crowd.  He did apologise to her but very strange behaviour.

So not only did he miss the penalty he missed the old lady too. ⚽️

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: gang on December 30, 2018, 10:50:14 AM

Maybe her name was Annette 😂
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Pieter A’dam

Every game he has these moments nobody gets but himself ... remember after the lead against Leicester losing his composure in the penalty box and passing the ball to Mitro ? His strength and pace are useful to the team, but the guy has horseblinds so is very ineffective in the end ..... imo we need an alternative quickly

Baszab

I think he's brilliant and unpredictable
I would choose him 100 times over compared to Vienneto  and Schurrle

bobbo

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 30, 2018, 10:53:22 AM
Quote from: gang on December 30, 2018, 10:50:14 AM
Mind you don't cut yerself .

Maybe her name was Annette 😂
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bog

Peabody, if he is not thinking this then we have a problem.  :022: A loose canon is a liability.   :016:

092.gif

Holders

Quote from: bog on December 30, 2018, 11:19:52 AM
Peabody, if he is not thinking this then we have a problem.  :022: A loose canon is a liability.   :016:

092.gif

According to the news there have been enough loose canons in recent times.

win-dup

Well, it was his fault! He's bloody useless.

Bill2

His finishing is not as great as Mitro's and to be fair the penalty at Man U was only good as De Gea went the wrong way. A good penalty is one that will go in even if the keeper goes the right way.

Holders

On the positive side, if AK had scored Huddersfield would have had 10 extra minutes to get back at us, as it turned out it was only 2 and they were bad enough!

Edit: to those to whom it might not be obvious, this is, of course, meant as a joke. It's a bit sad when you have to explain.

SouthernWhite

I don't think AK has the brain power to process what you suggest. He won't be thinking "what have I done" but "why is everyone mad at me, I just wanted to score a goal", I reckon.

I put myself in Mitro's shoes, too. And he, and the rest of the team, must feel gutted for AK's selfish, appalling behaviour.

SP

Quote from: Holders on December 30, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
On the positive side, if AK had scored Huddersfield would have had 10 extra minutes to get back at us, as it turned out it was only 2 and they were bad enough!

Edit: to those to whom it might not be obvious, this is, of course, meant as a joke. It's a bit sad when you have to explain.

Funny you should mention this.  Last night I was pondering how if, a scored penalty & the conversion of the other late chance would've meant we no longer have the worst goal difference.  One step at a time I think.

Lighthouse

There should have a clear rule before the team stepped out on the pitch. Clearly Kamara never understood it or ignored it. It depends which it was. However Mitro may have missed the penalty and so we would all be saying why didn't Kamara take it as he scored from the spot last time.

However the penalty taker should have been clear before the match. It depends just how clear it was.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope