News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Ranieri is the answer what was the bleedin' question?

Started by win-dup, December 30, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurru991

The only chance of avoiding relegation was to stop conceding goals and that comes with compromises. Claudio is prepared to make those compromises and I believe he can keep Fulham up which at the end of the day is all that matters.

Illiad

It seems to me that I've seen worse.  I am not sure exactly how the first half, and it was bad, was worse than many other previous games.  The difference is that we got points of this one, while in the others we received a moral kick in the arse.

WindyCity

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 30, 2018, 05:14:37 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on December 30, 2018, 04:18:16 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on December 30, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
The question was, how do we stop this club getting relegated?

Get rid of Slav and bring in someone who can steady the ship and turn it around.

I like Kamara.  BUT, that penalty kick fiasco just shows how, even under new man CR, this squad is so disorganized.  I blame Kamara for jumping in and arguing with fellow team mates that he was gonna take the kick.  BUT, I blame CR even more.  Who is in charge of the asylum, the inmates?  CR should have clearly stepped up, identified who should take the kick, and be done with it.  FFC still has a long way to go to show fans and themselves that they can survive this season.  Glad for the result, embarrassed with the penalty kick hijinks.

What was Ranieri supposed to do?  Run on the pitch and tell AK to give the ball to Mitro?  The whole problem with the penalty fiasco is down to AK, no one else.  He refused to relinquish the ball, despite Mitro being our designated penalty taker, and despite the majority of his team mates, including his Captain, telling him to do so.  After a certain number of minutes the penalty had to be taken so AK got his way.  Mitro tried to relieve the situation by kissing AK on the head and then AK had to either score or look like a complete dick.  Thank God Mitro got our goal in added time, aided by a sublime pass by Sess, very reminiscent of that goal at Wembley!  CR is rightfully incensed by AK's behaviour, especially as he has not apologised but  keeps saying I wanted to shoot!
I wondered why he took so long to bring Sess on but now I know it is because of Mawson's knee injury.  He has stopped us leaking goals at every opportunity and the team look more solid.  Yes it's not pretty but if it keeps us in this league and we can properly strengthen next season then sobeit.

What is CR supposed to do?  He's the coach, isn't he?  He identifies who takes the penalty kick, end of story.  Seems simple enough to me.  Can't imagine why this is even a debate. 

Yep, Sess does it again, and it did remind me of Wembley.  And thank goodness Mitro buried it.  I think AK owes Mitro a very nice steak dinner, no expenses spared.

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on December 31, 2018, 05:23:09 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 30, 2018, 05:14:37 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on December 30, 2018, 04:18:16 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on December 30, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
The question was, how do we stop this club getting relegated?

Get rid of Slav and bring in someone who can steady the ship and turn it around.

I like Kamara.  BUT, that penalty kick fiasco just shows how, even under new man CR, this squad is so disorganized.  I blame Kamara for jumping in and arguing with fellow team mates that he was gonna take the kick.  BUT, I blame CR even more.  Who is in charge of the asylum, the inmates?  CR should have clearly stepped up, identified who should take the kick, and be done with it.  FFC still has a long way to go to show fans and themselves that they can survive this season.  Glad for the result, embarrassed with the penalty kick hijinks.

What was Ranieri supposed to do?  Run on the pitch and tell AK to give the ball to Mitro?  The whole problem with the penalty fiasco is down to AK, no one else.  He refused to relinquish the ball, despite Mitro being our designated penalty taker, and despite the majority of his team mates, including his Captain, telling him to do so.  After a certain number of minutes the penalty had to be taken so AK got his way.  Mitro tried to relieve the situation by kissing AK on the head and then AK had to either score or look like a complete dick.  Thank God Mitro got our goal in added time, aided by a sublime pass by Sess, very reminiscent of that goal at Wembley!  CR is rightfully incensed by AK's behaviour, especially as he has not apologised but  keeps saying I wanted to shoot!
I wondered why he took so long to bring Sess on but now I know it is because of Mawson's knee injury.  He has stopped us leaking goals at every opportunity and the team look more solid.  Yes it's not pretty but if it keeps us in this league and we can properly strengthen next season then sobeit.

What is CR supposed to do?  He's the coach, isn't he?  He identifies who takes the penalty kick, end of story.  Seems simple enough to me.  Can't imagine why this is even a debate. 

Yep, Sess does it again, and it did remind me of Wembley.  And thank goodness Mitro buried it.  I think AK owes Mitro a very nice steak dinner, no expenses spared.
For goodness sake it has already been established that Mitro is the designated penalty taker, he sent on orders to Kamara to give the ball to Mitro and as he is not allowed to enter the field of play,, the question comes back to you, what could Ranieri have done?.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Alfie: "For goodness sake it has already been established that Mitro is the designated penalty taker, he sent on orders to Kamara to give the ball to Mitro and as he is not allowed to enter the field of play,, the question comes back to you, what could Ranieri have done?."

Doesn't Jose Mourinho send in hand written notes from the sidelines?

:)

Well, if that is fact, that Mitro is the established designated pen taker, then AK is absolutely out of order and has stepped over boundaries regarding the team and his team mates.  Where were other players, such as our captain, to reign him in, at the time, since, as you aptly point out, CR can't come running on the pitch screaming and yelling instructions?  I'm still miffed that this even happened.  Aren't players supposed to abide the coaches wishes, game plan, and instructions?

Ronnief

Cairney, Chambers and Mitro clearly tried to change AK's mind. Anything more forceful by any members of our team would have resulted in a booking or even a sending off, so what more could be done. There was a total disrespect to Cairney by AK. Lets now forgive and forget. Onward to Arsenal.

WindyCity

Quote from: Ronnief on December 31, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
Cairney, Chambers and Mitro clearly tried to change AK's mind. Anything more forceful by any members of our team would have resulted in a booking or even a sending off, so what more could be done. There was a total disrespect to Cairney by AK. Lets now forgive and forget. Onward to Arsenal.

Agreed!

Maybe a point v Arsenal?  Fingers crossed.......

Andy S

I think that is what people forget. You can get sent off for violence against your own players. Where would that have left us?

Andy S

Fulham 442

What exactly  is your point Windy City?  Yes CR identified who the penalty taker was and it wasn't AK.  As has been previously stated what could CR have done differently in this situation?

alfie

Quote from: Ronnief on December 31, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
Totally agree.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose returns

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 30, 2018, 03:34:49 PM
Once Seri was removed, Cairney went into his normal position and Fulham improved wholly and deservedly secured the vital win.

And for those of us non proffesionals it was that obvious. But the seasoned proffesional that was supposed to be a breath of fresh air contiued to pick the wrong team tocstart against seri, and didn't see the need to drop him after numerous second rate performances. He didn't see the point in playing TC our best player massively out of postion to accommodate  the failing seri. So personally i think the new manager is underwhelming. The two teams we beat were southampton and huddersfield and we havve essentially stopped scoring.

Denver Fulham

Ranieri is doing decently with a bad hand. He's trying to get results with a roster that was built to play a completely different style. The first half against Huddersfield was dire, but the second half was better and we got the win. At this point, before he's had a chance to bring in any players who might suit him better, that's all we can ask for.

Also, while competition level was lower, we've conceded 1 goal in the last 3 matches after shipping 42 in our first 17. We'll see if this holds up against Arsenal, but to claim there's been no difference is being pretty dishonest, imo.

DevonFFC

Quote from: nose on December 31, 2018, 08:23:59 PM
Once Seri was removed, Cairney went into his normal position and Fulham improved wholly and deservedly secured the vital win.

And for those of us non proffesionals it was that obvious. But the seasoned proffesional that was supposed to be a breath of fresh air contiued to pick the wrong team tocstart against seri, and didn't see the need to drop him after numerous second rate performances. He didn't see the point in playing TC our best player massively out of postion to accommodate  the failing seri. So personally i think the new manager is underwhelming. The two teams we beat were southampton and huddersfield and we havve essentially stopped scoring.

Im guessing your one of these fans who has after every game stuck the knife into Seri?

He is technically our most gifted player and Huddersfield offered nothing going forward in the 2nd half, this allows TC to forget about defending and concentrate on playing more offensively

Maldon white

Positives......

clean sheet
3 points

Wasn't it Brian coughs forest side who were told they " were too good to be relegated"...let's start grinding results from poor performances rather than good performances and a 0-4 thrashing....frankly I couldn't give a monkey's ball bag if we play shite and win....

nose returns

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 31, 2018, 08:58:37 PM
Quote from: nose on December 31, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

Im guessing your one of these fans who has after every game stuck the knife into Seri?

He is technically our most gifted player and Huddersfield offered nothing going forward in the 2nd half, this allows TC to forget about defending and concentrate on playing more offensively

He is all you say, technically gifted but totally anonymous. When he plays well i say so and really he hasn't. He is played in the wrong position, and the prem is clearly to quick and physical for him. Iwant us to do well, he was a mistake. I am sure he realisesthat too.

And cairney played really well in his best position and played well. Let him have a proper chance in his correct position

Bassey the warrior

Two points to make, 1) by and large we haven't been the same free flowing attacking team under Joka this season as we were last, so it's not as big a contrast under Ranieri as was made out.

2) Seri is better at defending than Cairney and that's why he starts in a midfield two, you can't start Cairney in a midfield two as he can't tackle.

MJG

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 01, 2019, 08:44:08 AM
Two points to make, 1) by and large we haven't been the same free flowing attacking team under Joka this season as we were last, so it's not as big a contrast under Ranieri as was made out.

2) Seri is better at defending than Cairney and that's why he starts in a midfield two, you can't start Cairney in a midfield two as he can't tackle.
Have to agree on point 2. To get best out of Cairney in this league we will mainly have to play him with two other central midfielders. We can get away with ut for a half here and there but overall it makes us too weak if he's just one of two cm's.
Just the views of a long term fan