News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Ranieri is the answer what was the bleedin' question?

Started by win-dup, December 30, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

I didn't think I would ever watch a worse Fulham performance than that at Huddersfield earlier this season, but the first half of yesterdays game proved me wrong.
We are no better whatsoever than we were under Jok and Ranieri has managed so far to p*ss off TC, turn Sess into a substitute, persist in playing Seri who is the biggest disaster for us since Marlet, and keep using Kamara who is a cheating diver, has the intellect and football brain of a two day old tadpole, and made his teammates and manager look like Sunday footballers on Eelbrook Common. I hope he never plays for us again. 

SG

The questions were how do we stop this team conceding on average about 3 goals a game and how do we pick up more than 5 points every 12 games.
12 goals conceded and 9 points in 8 games seems to be a reasonable response. Not pretty I admit but he is giving us a chance of survival which after the dreadful start is really the best we can hope for this season

DevonFFC

The question was, how do we stop this club getting relegated?

Get rid of Slav and bring in someone who can steady the ship and turn it around.

So far he is well on his way to doing that

F(f)CUK

There is not much joy in having possession in our own half and not creating chances whilst conceding 4 or more goals. I left the ground happy for once yesterday.

SP

Yes, the first half was awful yesterday but I'm happy with our Xmas results so far.

Riverside

The question was clearly how to avoid relegation

Just that

No mention of style just points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holders

The question was: "Notwithstanding the aesthetics of the football, whom do you think is more likely to keep Fulham in the PL - SJ or CR?".

So far it seems to be working and I, for one, am content with that for this year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gezkc

Obviously, we'd all like to have taken the Premier League by storm in our first season back and been in the top 6 playing free-flowing attacking football. Unfortunately, the reality was far from that and we were getting hammered pretty much week in week out.

You can't deny that Ranieri has steadied the ship. Unfortunately, we've lost the attacking flair we had under Joka, but I'm hopeful this is a temporary "needs must" situation and once we're looking a bit more solid, we'll be able to play a little more positively again.

I wish we'd stuck with Joka, but Ranieri has stopped us leaking goals so I do think we've a better chance of staying up under him, even if it's not as pretty on the eye.

BedsFFC

I learned a while back that just being a Fulham supporter, didn't then necessarily follow that you would understand the game.

And I respect that

I Ronic

Quote from: gezkc on December 30, 2018, 02:02:32 PM
Obviously, we'd all like to have taken the Premier League by storm in our first season back and been in the top 6 playing free-flowing attacking football. Unfortunately, the reality was far from that and we were getting hammered pretty much week in week out.

You can't deny that Ranieri has steadied the ship. Unfortunately, we've lost the attacking flair we had under Joka, but I'm hopeful this is a temporary "needs must" situation and once we're looking a bit more solid, we'll be able to play a little more positively again.

I wish we'd stuck with Joka, but Ranieri has stopped us leaking goals so I do think we've a better chance of staying up under him, even if it's not as pretty on the eye.

I'm not sure we've lost the attacking flair. Didn't Mitro have more chances on goal than any other Premiership player last week? We may have lost that bit of extra luck you get when you're playing well but I think we still have a pretty potent front line. The Arsenal game will answer the question of whether we're moving forward. We rarely get anything from Arsenal so a clean sheet would be an excellent confidence booster for the squad.

Camel Club

I think we all know what the question was and whilst there were a significant number of potential answers available from the  multiple choice selections on offer, the evidence to date would  suggest that the board were not wrong.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: win-dup on December 30, 2018, 12:42:56 PM
I didn't think I would ever watch a worse Fulham performance than that at Huddersfield earlier this season, but the first half of yesterdays game proved me wrong.
We are no better whatsoever than we were under Jok and Ranieri has managed so far to p*ss off TC, turn Sess into a substitute, persist in playing Seri who is the biggest disaster for us since Marlet, and keep using Kamara who is a cheating diver, has the intellect and football brain of a two day old tadpole, and made his teammates and manager look like Sunday footballers on Eelbrook Common. I hope he never plays for us again.

No better? Fulham's only two clean-sheets are thanks to Rainieri.  Playing pretty football was going to see Fulham get relegated for sure. Rainieri gives Fulham a fighting chance of staying up.

Robbie

Funny that this Forum would blow a fuse if Big Sam or Pulis were appointed but CR plays exactly the same tactics.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 30, 2018, 02:04:49 PM
I learned a while back that just being a Fulham supporter, didn't then necessarily follow that you would understand the game.

And I respect that

Totally agree with this!

Nick Bateman

Once Seri was removed, Cairney went into his normal position and Fulham improved wholly and deservedly secured the vital win.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

fulhamfever

Tony Gale hit the nail on the head, if Barcelona was really interested in Seri they would of paid the money for him.

HV71

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 30, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

And I respect that

Totally agree with this!
Quote from: Robbie on December 30, 2018, 03:00:00 PM
Funny that this Forum would blow a fuse if Big Sam or Pulis were appointed but CR plays exactly the same tactics.

The answer to this is very simple

One of the three people mentioned is an ethical decent human being with standards. The other two rate zero on all counts- you work it out

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: HV71 on December 30, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 30, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

And I respect that

Totally agree with this!
Quote from: Robbie on December 30, 2018, 03:00:00 PM

The answer to this is very simple

One of the three people mentioned is an ethical decent human being with standards. The other two rate zero on all counts- you work it out

I also agree with this!

WindyCity

Quote from: DevonFFC on December 30, 2018, 01:14:02 PM

Get rid of Slav and bring in someone who can steady the ship and turn it around.

So far he is well on his way to doing that

That's true, fingers crossed FFC can survive this season.  That said, the TO is correct, that first half v Huddersfield was absolutely BRUTAL, and I didn't think this side could play any worse than their first tilt v Huddersfield, but they busted that out of the water in yesterdays' first half.  Gladly, the second half play was much better, and the securing of 3 points much needed.

I like Kamara.  BUT, that penalty kick fiasco just shows how, even under new man CR, this squad is so disorganized.  I blame Kamara for jumping in and arguing with fellow team mates that he was gonna take the kick.  BUT, I blame CR even more.  Who is in charge of the asylum, the inmates?  CR should have clearly stepped up, identified who should take the kick, and be done with it.  FFC still has a long way to go to show fans and themselves that they can survive this season.  Glad for the result, embarrassed with the penalty kick hijinks.

Fulham 442

Quote from: WindyCity on December 30, 2018, 04:18:16 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on December 30, 2018, 01:14:02 PM

I like Kamara.  BUT, that penalty kick fiasco just shows how, even under new man CR, this squad is so disorganized.  I blame Kamara for jumping in and arguing with fellow team mates that he was gonna take the kick.  BUT, I blame CR even more.  Who is in charge of the asylum, the inmates?  CR should have clearly stepped up, identified who should take the kick, and be done with it.  FFC still has a long way to go to show fans and themselves that they can survive this season.  Glad for the result, embarrassed with the penalty kick hijinks.

What was Ranieri supposed to do?  Run on the pitch and tell AK to give the ball to Mitro?  The whole problem with the penalty fiasco is down to AK, no one else.  He refused to relinquish the ball, despite Mitro being our designated penalty taker, and despite the majority of his team mates, including his Captain, telling him to do so.  After a certain number of minutes the penalty had to be taken so AK got his way.  Mitro tried to relieve the situation by kissing AK on the head and then AK had to either score or look like a complete dick.  Thank God Mitro got our goal in added time, aided by a sublime pass by Sess, very reminiscent of that goal at Wembley!  CR is rightfully incensed by AK's behaviour, especially as he has not apologised but  keeps saying I wanted to shoot!
I wondered why he took so long to bring Sess on but now I know it is because of Mawson's knee injury.  He has stopped us leaking goals at every opportunity and the team look more solid.  Yes it's not pretty but if it keeps us in this league and we can properly strengthen next season then sobeit.