News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January transfer window-what do we need?

Started by bornafulhamfan, December 30, 2018, 02:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Imo we need a rb, lb, dm and a rw/st. Also I would like to make Rico deal permanent, and probably Chambers's too.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on December 30, 2018, 02:47:42 PM
Imo we need a rb, lb, dm and a rw/st. Also I would like to make Rico deal permanent, and probably Chambers's too.

The real question isn't what we need... it is who can we afford to purchase who will want to come to Fulham to upgrade our squad and/or fill positions of need? I don't even know what RB we can go and get to provide competition for Christie.

SouthernWhite

- We need a real holding midfielder. Chambers is great at defending but he is terrible on the ball (he is a CB after all). Anguissa is not reliable, McD is too slow, Seri is too soft, TC is not a holding midfielder.
- We need a partner for Mitro, someone with pace and able to find him from the wings. Vietto, Kamara and Schurlle can't do that.

Woolly Mammoth

Ideally We need a Tall Centre Back, a Holding Midfield player, a Winger with plenty of pace, someone to play in the hole behind Mitro, he needs the support. A right back or right wing back.
All with Premier League experience, and better than what we have, whatever it costs.
But no lightweights, they have to be of strong character and physical, and a warriors mentality.
I hope the Manager and the Club have a juicy list already lined up, because currently we are too lightweight all over the pitch. .
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andyb

Need a quality rw, and amazing holding midfielder. Schurlle can be backup striker for mitro. I think christie is improving game by game as is bryan. If being greedy another cb

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Andyb on December 30, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
Need a quality rw, and amazing holding midfielder. Schurlle can be backup striker for mitro. I think christie is improving game by game as is bryan. If being greedy another cb
I agree with that, however one would like to see Ryan Fredericks back.  He probably regrets his move to sit on West Ham's bench and Mitro needs more service from the wings.

We could offload Anguissa and Seri to pay for any new replacements.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Andyb on December 30, 2018, 03:25:14 PM
I agree with you about Christie and especially Bryan, but I don't think they have adequate backups, as Fosu-Mensah is set to return to Man Utd.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on December 30, 2018, 02:54:47 PM

The real question isn't what we need... it is who can we afford to purchase who will want to come to Fulham to upgrade our squad and/or fill positions of need? I don't even know what RB we can go and get to provide competition for Christie.
Nathaniel Clyne, Davide Zappacosta, Victor Moses(he played at rwb last season), maybe Youssuf Sabaly(similar to Man City player Benjamin Mendy),...

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on December 30, 2018, 04:12:58 PM

Nathaniel Clyne, Davide Zappacosta, Victor Moses(he played at rwb last season), maybe Youssuf Sabaly(similar to Man City player Benjamin Mendy),...

I don't see Clyne wanting to come to Fulham in January when Liverpool are likely to win the league and who knows what else. The others I don't know anything about other than Victor Moses... who I could see coming, but not sure he's much of an upgrade. Moses is more attack than defense, no? So more like competition for Sessegnon, Vietto, and Schurrle, rather than Christie. Then again, maybe he's the new Valencia or Ashley Young.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on December 30, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

I don't see Clyne wanting to come to Fulham in January when Liverpool are likely to win the league and who knows what else. The others I don't know anything about other than Victor Moses... who I could see coming, but not sure he's much of an upgrade. Moses is more attack than defense, no? So more like competition for Sessegnon, Vietto, and Schurrle, rather than Christie. Then again, maybe he's the new Valencia or Ashley Young.
Zappacosta is Chelsea's backup rb and Sabaly is Senegal international. I believe Moses is very good as a rwb and we should at least try to get Clyne imo.

DevonFFC

Liverpool have injuries so Clyne will be a no go

Woolly Mammoth

Love to sign Nathanial Clyne, but it's highly unlikely.
Also Would like Danny Simpson, Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Victor Moses, maybe Mousa Dembélé (Spurs).
I would ask Claudio if he would kindly sound out Jamie Vardy if he fancies a challenge.
All experienced Premier League players which is who we need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bornafulhamfan

My dream window would be: Cahill/Jagielka, Clyne/Moses, Emerson/Alberto Moreno, Dendocker/Iborra/Fejsa/Barrios, Ademola Lookman/Ivan Cavaleiro.

SG

Whoever they are they need to be in place in the first two weeks before Burnley away

AnOldBrownie

A centerback.  Would we have to sign Cahill for 2 years?   I think that's the MAX of good play he still has left in his tank.   The hopefully we can groom someone from our youth squad to be the next good CB.

Mawson is hurt...and for the future has a questionable knee...

Buy an experience (GOOD) athletic and tall CB.  Cahill...because I think he'd take the deal.

I don't care which one.

And... a backup striker from the Championship.   I say from the Championship because I don't think a quality striker from the premiere league is want to come in and knowingly be a backup to a player that starts EVERY game (Mitro)

rvFFC

Would quite like to take a look at Maja from Sunderland as a backup striker (although I think he was dropped from our academy a while ago) and Eze from QPR as they both look quite promising IMO.

Also think Maupay would be good as a back up striker

I think Vida would be great, and we really need to look at a right back that can actually stick a good cross into the box as well as be competent defensively

Facts Not Fiction

We Are Premier League

RW (Moses/Ibe), CB (Mangala/Cahill), RB and DM (Drinkwater/McCarthy/Schneiderlin)