watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silver lining - Cardiff

Started by Robbie, January 01, 2019, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Cardiff were at home, capitulated in the first half and scored no goal.
Reckon we are better than Cardiff or Hudds ... we just need one more that is worse.
COYWs

ScalleysDad

Fair point but I think the third option will have to be very much worse than us. Don't forget both Huddersfield and Cardiff have been better than us* for long spells of the face to face fixtures so we cannot really claim to be better than them just yet. We need two great results with points on the bounce whilst Cardiff, Burnely and Southampton lose at the same time just to be in the mix. Burnley away is the most important game of the season since the last one.

*to clarify that point we were a combination of "worst performance ever", not fit to wear the shirt and gutless for spells, all noted on here, in those fixtures.

hovewhite

A must not lose game Burnley a loss would destroy any kind of momenton there is.also think schurrle in a struggling team a waste of space.

Milo

Southampton
Burnley
Huddersfield
Cardiff
Us.

5 poor teams, 3 relegation spots.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Robbie on January 01, 2019, 07:55:31 PM
Reckon we are better than Cardiff or Hudds ... we just need one more that is worse.
COYWs

Cardiff are beating mid-table teams home and away.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Milo on January 01, 2019, 08:38:51 PM
Southampton
Burnley
Huddersfield
Cardiff
Us.

Add Newcastle into that list.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Statto

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 01, 2019, 08:40:42 PM
COYWs

Cardiff are woeful but they have that backs-against-the-wall fighting spirit like all Warnock's teams. Most people on here think we've improved lately - well we are still not getting as many points as them (last 6 games they've got 2 more pts than us). They are playing Huddersfield and Newcastle this month and I can see them getting 4 pts from those fixtures alone. We need 5/6 pts this month to have any chance of closing the gap on them. If it gets any bigger, I don't see us catching them, no matter how crap they are. 

It may well become easier for us to catch Palace or Newcastle.

Berserker

I wondered if Cardiff's fight as well as Warnock being a good manager in keeping mediocre teams up, Is that it is still mostly the same team that got promoted, and therefore the players fight harder not to go back down.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Old Count

COYWs

It's debatable if Cardiff and Huddersfield are worse. We've lost to both and just about scrapped a home win against Huddersfield.  Who'd be surprised if we got beat by Cardiff at home? As for finding another team that's worse, well I can't.  As bad maybe but not worse.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 01, 2019, 09:51:43 PM
COYWs

Cardiff are woeful but they have that backs-against-the-wall fighting spirit like all Warnock's teams. Most people on here think we've improved lately - well we are still not getting as many points as them (last 6 games they've got 2 more pts than us). They are playing Huddersfield and Newcastle this month and I can see them getting 4 pts from those fixtures alone. We need 5/6 pts this month to have any chance of closing the gap on them. If it gets any bigger, I don't see us catching them, no matter how crap they are. 

Over 4 games we have 1 more point than Cardiff so i could argue we are gaining on them. they did at match 16/17 have a 5 point gap on us and now 4. Still very catachable especally as we still have to play them.

I would agree that all the bottom 7 are involved in this relegation battle.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2019, 11:47:47 AM
Quote from: Statto on January 01, 2019, 09:51:43 PM
COYWs

Over 4 games we have 1 more point than Cardiff so i could argue we are gaining on them. they did at match 16/17 have a 5 point gap on us and now 4. Still very catachable especally as we still have to play them.

I would agree that all the bottom 7 are involved in this relegation battle.

I didn't say they're not currently catchable. However if we get less points than them this month, the gap will increase, and there will be less games to play. Then they will be un-catchable IMO. And I reckon we need 5 points from the next 4 games to prevent that from happening.

Also FWIW I do not see us catching them without improving. Everyone seems to think we have improved under Ranieri, and you talk about the last 4 games. Well if we play like we have in the last 4 games over the remainder of the season, I'd still be very, very surprised if we got as many points as them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on January 01, 2019, 08:38:51 PM
Southampton
Burnley
Huddersfield
Cardiff
Us.

As OhConnah has mentioned, add Newcastle to that list.
But we should also target to catch Palace, I expect them to stay up, but nonetheless, they would be a good marker.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.