watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's hope the results today go our way

Started by St Eve, January 02, 2019, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Watched a bit of the Newcastle match & they look awful. Hopefully they'll drop into the mix.

davew

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 02, 2019, 09:38:54 PM
It is worthy of a rant to be in the position, just passed half way into the season, where we are looking at other results in the hope of salvation. Huddersfield may well be broken but it does not look like salvation is coming anytime soon. Can we find a plan, peak form and an extra 20% by the end of January?
NO!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: SP on January 02, 2019, 09:43:06 PM
Watched a bit of the Newcastle match & they look awful. Hopefully they'll drop into the mix.

they already are, they are 2 points from safety, if say they are well in the mix

JoelH5

Quote from: OhConnah on January 02, 2019, 09:38:33 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 02, 2019, 09:36:03 PM
Yes!!!!!

Yes?

Straight red card for Burnley. They had won the game but at least theyve got someone out for 3 games including our game. It's something at least. With Cardiff playing Huddersfield next, Burnely game is a must win for us I think.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

nose returns

Mainly poor results for us tonight
Even chelsea couldn't manage to beat southampton. Now the saints are interesting. They changed their manager and instantly improved, we changed our manager for a past his sell by date one flash in the pan nice bloke and we still cannot defend even with his italian sit back tactics.
If we had to make a chnge we needed a younger more dynamic man....
It is looking bleak

ScalleysDad

Quote from: davew on January 02, 2019, 09:43:12 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 02, 2019, 09:38:54 PM
It is worthy of a rant to be in the position, just passed half way into the season, where we are looking at other results in the hope of salvation. Huddersfield may well be broken but it does not look like salvation is coming anytime soon. Can we find a plan, peak form and an extra 20% by the end of January?
NO!!

Not going to ponder the options or analyse the way forward then😎

Steeeeeeeeeed

davew

Quote from: nose on January 02, 2019, 09:50:10 PM
Mainly poor results for us tonight
Even chelsea couldn't manage to beat southampton. Now the saints are interesting. They changed their manager and instantly improved, we changed our manager for a past his sell by date one flash in the pan nice bloke and we still cannot defend even with his italian sit back tactics.
If we had to make a chnge we needed a younger more dynamic man....
It is looking bleak
You are making it very apparent that you don't approve the appointment of CR, but take a breath we are no longer bottom, even Tom Cruise would not be able to get us out of this season's predicament....or Woolly, Mince, Nick Batemen or anybody else! Prepare for the worst and then we can handle the disappointment, you might say that is fine coming from me, but remember I have witnessed this many times before as a few of us veterans on here have, in time you will get used to it!

Statto

Before the game I said I wanted a Huddersfield win, but with hindsight, considering we want Huddersfield to beat Cardiff next match, perhaps we wanted them to win today. Plus you cannot complain about sendings off.

Newcastle lost.
Southampton getting a point is hardly going to change their season.
And we were never going to catch Palace anyway.

davew

Quote from: Statto on January 02, 2019, 10:00:20 PM
Before the game I said I wanted a Huddersfield win, but with hindsight, considering we want Huddersfield to beat Cardiff next match, perhaps we wanted them to win today. Plus you cannot complain about sendings off.

Newcastle lost.
Not sure what you mean, a Huddersfield win would surely have been better for us, still a point below us rather than Burnley 4 pts above us which on current form is a massive gap! I hope Huddersfield beat Cardiff as I do think they are 1 team we can finish above but struggling to select another who will finish below us!

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on January 02, 2019, 10:05:04 PM

Newcastle lost.
Not sure what you mean, a Huddersfield win would surely have been better for us, still a point below us rather than Burnley 4 pts above us which on current form is a massive gap! I hope Huddersfield beat Cardiff as I do think they are 1 team we can finish above but struggling to select another who will finish below us!

Southampton have a new coach, have toyed with relegation for a few seasons, let's see if the new manager bump continues.

Newcastle, Rafa could throw his toys out the pram and what's to say Ashley doesn't asset strip this window

Burnley have done well but they are hardly setting the world alight

Crystal Palace are 6 points above the drop zone as it stands, that's two clips and the others winning and all of a sudden they are back in it again.

This relegation battle will go down to the wire and I think a few teams will be looking over their shoulders for a long while yet

davew

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 02, 2019, 10:10:27 PM

Newcastle lost.

Southampton have a new coach, have toyed with relegation for a few seasons, let's see if the new manager bump continues.

Newcastle, Rafa could throw his toys out the pram and what's to say Ashley doesn't asset strip this window

Crystal Palace are 6 points above the drop zone as it stands, that's two clips and the others winning and all of a sudden they are back in it again.

This relegation battle will go down to the wire and I think a few teams will be looking over their shoulders for a long while yet
You haven't mentioned Cardiff?? It will I hope be a close finish to decide who goes down and who stays up and that we are involved right up to the last few games and somehow manage to retain our position in the PL. I have said it on another thread that I really don't like what the PL has become, a division of the elite and the others and a vast gap between them! FFP has somehow not worked, not about bringing on home grown players, youth academy etc, just about spending power, we have that now with a rich owner, so perhaps he should spend 2 billion on making us a top 6 side, though it might cost more than that and would I appreciate it, not at all!!!! Nothing is going to change unless a European Super League is created, let's clap and wave good bye to the top 6 or 8 PL teams and form a PL which is competitive and fairer like the Championship!

Statto

Newcastle lost.

True but do we want any of the teams around us, even huddersfield, getting back to back wins?

had they won today and then again vs cardiff, and we'd drawn against burnley, we would have been back down in 20th below them

DevonFFC

Quote from: davew on January 02, 2019, 10:24:10 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 02, 2019, 10:10:27 PM

Newcastle lost.

You haven't mentioned Cardiff?? It will I hope be a close finish to decide who goes down and who stays up and that we are involved right up to the last few games and somehow manage to retain our position in the PL. I have said it on another thread that I really don't like what the PL has become, a division of the elite and the others and a vast gap between them! FFP has somehow not worked, not about bringing on home grown players, youth academy etc, just about spending power, we have that now with a rich owner, so perhaps he should spend 2 billion on making us a top 6 side, though it might cost more than that and would I appreciate it, not at all!!!! Nothing is going to change unless a European Super League is created, let's clap and wave good bye to the top 6 or 8 PL teams and form a PL which is competitive and fairer like the Championship!

It's also about getting around the financial fair play, I saw a stat on twitter about how much money Chelsea have made from selling their harvest of players.
What is staggering is that these players never play for them, they only every sign them young, loan them and wait for offers to come in, a la Kalas and wanted £10m for him

davew

Our owner perhaps should take note on how to get round the system, but first of all you have to get your team to be near the top, Chelsea (as you say), Man City, Liverpool have managed it, Man Utd and Arsenal (2 very rich clubs) seem to be losing touch!

DevonFFC

The thing with any of those clubs is they make more in shirt sales from one signing in the first 48hrs than we will in a years worth of merchandise sales.

I believe our owners have are best interests at heart and have tried to be clever with signings in terms of sell on value but it has not worked out

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 02, 2019, 10:37:35 PM
The thing with any of those clubs is they make more in shirt sales from one signing in the first 48hrs than we will in a years worth of merchandise sales.

That's right, and I cannot keep going down to the Cottage every week to by another Fulham FC key ring or a Fulham FC Tooth Brush, there is just not enough room anymore in Minces Shed to put them now that he has had to move his bed and drinks bar in there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.