watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hope we get news soon of our new signings

Started by The Swan, January 03, 2019, 10:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When will we get news of our first signing or loan player.
The Swan

JoelH5

Yeah I know the feeling. I know things take time but we really are in desperate need and all need a boost. A great signing could definitely do that.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

it's a strange feeling.
We had this problem in the summer, most of us waiting and waiting and waiting and moaning.
Then at the end we signed several players and most of us were ecstatic.
Looking at those signings it now seems to have been coming close to a org*** and then
a complete dissapointment.
I'm now thinking that no news is good news until we sign some proper players
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rock

Look, we lack ambition, amazing right? We lack intelligence from our head of recruitment a total knob called Tony Khan, and we've only had 4 months to find a defender and only 4 points adrift.

Stop causing problems by asking questions you can answer and the club can't!!!

SouthIslandWhite

All I can say is that I am nervous. I am not so sure that no news is good news. We need quality defenders and a ball moving midfielder.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on January 04, 2019, 01:20:18 AM
Look, we lack ambition, amazing right? We lack intelligence from our head of recruitment a total knob called Tony Khan, and we've only had 4 months to find a defender and only 4 points adrift.

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 04, 2019, 03:16:52 AM
All I can say is that I am nervous. I am not so sure that no news is good news. We need quality defenders and a ball moving midfielder.

In Fulhams case No news means that our crack recruitment unit are struggling to convince the right players, the players we need to join us. No news means that we are not getting very far, or we started too late to get the players in early. No news means our negotiations are falling short because we are failing to come to agreements, which tells you more about our crack recruitment unit than anything else, frankly it appears they could not sell a lifebelt to a drowning man.
So towards the end of the Window when all else has failed because they are mediocre at their job, they panic and we end up with bad fits, and expensive ones at that. 
Out of the 12 players recruited in the summer, how many of those has been a regular starter in the first half of the season.
21 League matches, and how many of those players have started 14 or more, that's two thirds.
Hardly any, very few I would imagine if any at all.
Which tells you all you need to know. Jok did not fancy them, and Claudio I suspect is beginning to realise this also.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

::pirate::
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2019, 05:15:04 AM

In Fulhams case No news means that TK is struggling to convince the right players, the players we need to join us. No news means that we are not getting very far, or we started too late to get the players in early. No news means our negotiations are falling short because we are failing to come to agreements, which tells you more about TK than anything else, frankly it appears he could not sell a lifebelt to a drowning man.
So towards the end of the Window when all else has failed because he is mediocre at his job, he panics and we end up with bad fits, and expensive ones at that. 
Out of the 12 players recruited in the summer, how many of those has been a regular starter in the first half of the season.
21 League matches, and how many of those players have started 14 or more, that's two thirds.
Which tells you all you need to know. Jok did not fancy them, and Claudio I suspect is beginning to realise this also.

I don't think the problem is just recruitment. Fulham has a brunch of players with good statistics in 17/18; and now those same players have worst whoscored statistics (6.53 average) than any of the 200 team completing a premier league season since whoscored statistics.

Decreased Individual Player performance is Fulham's problem rather than the recruitment of players. Tonnes of player have risen up to the EPL with only small performance drops (we have statistical nosediving players)..

Most of the Wolves and Cardiff players took a 0.3 whoscored rating performance drop, our championship players have dropped 0.8 whoscored ratings and Ligue 1 players also dropped performance like crazy.

Let's face facts, apart from Seri and Cairney (that look good but not together), we don't have players that play brilliantly and don't fit together. We have players that it baffles the mind how they could have been some of the best players in their respective leagues only 8 months ago.

If Amguissa and Johasen perform like 17/18, they both should be world beaters against Oldham. I doubt it, because i think they are not the players they were last season. What i cannot work out is why? And how to get those players back to that performance?

MJG

In Fulhams case No news means that TK is struggling to convince the right players, the players we need to join us. No news means that we are not getting very far, or we started too late to get the players in early. No news means our negotiations are falling short because we are failing to come to agreements, which tells you more about TK than anything else, frankly it appears he could not sell a lifebelt to a drowning man.
So towards the end of the Window when all else has failed because he is mediocre at his job, he panics and we end up with bad fits, and expensive ones at that. 
[/quote]
Only 5 players have started 14 games all season and of those three are signings from the summer and I could argue that the GK position shared between Fabri and Rico counts as another considering only one can play. Arguably Mawson and Bryan would have started 14 but for injuries.
And using your logc Johansen has only started four... Does that mean Joka didn't fancy him?
Just the views of a long term fan

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2019, 06:45:01 AM

Only 5 players have started 14 games all season and of those three are signings from the summer and I could argue that the GK position shared between Fabri and Rico counts as another considering only one can play. Arguably Mawson and Bryan would have started 14 but for injuries.
And using your logc Johansen has only started four... Does that mean Joka didn't fancy him?
[/quote]

Thank you for the highlighting the individual statistics, Jok may look back with regret not starting Stefan more often, as he was one of our stalwarts last season.
But clearly there were issues in house which Tim Reem touched on in an interview with Sky I believe, regarding divided dressing room, but there had to be other reasons why he was frozen out to accommodate other players.
I take your point with the Goalkeepers which is fair comment, and of course injuries took their toll.
What those stats do show is that we have not had value for money when you consider the minutes these 12 players have had on the field of play.

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2019, 06:45:01 AM

[/quote]Oh dear you sound so despondant. As I respect you opinion I am now depressed as it sounds as if you now beleive we are doomed as many now do

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 04, 2019, 04:56:24 AM
Quote from: The Rock on January 04, 2019, 01:20:18 AM

👍⚽️
how many windows does TK have before shad realises.

Baszab

What established Premier player would want to jump ship, move their family and join us now when we are odds on for relegation ?
Or do we get more non-committed loan players ?
Better off paying for Championship or La Ligue players who should (?) at least be committed