watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clever tactics by CR to lose

Started by Baszab, January 06, 2019, 04:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

But can I have my money back - why should I pay to watch them not trying?

AnOldBrownie

I think he was trying to prove to the owners that they need to spend $$$ if they plan on staying up.

Seriously...    a center back pairing of Chambers and Ream...

Just a week ago people were saying Odoi couldn't be a right back.    Yet because he scored today and got forward, all of a sudden he's a good defending RB.   

I seriously think Claudio wanted the owners to see we aren't good enough.

The Rock

Makes sense. We don't have what it takes, though I really wish we did.

JoelH5

We could have played the under 23s and should still have won. The committment from our squad is some of the worst I've seen for Fulham. They just don't give a poo
I was there, standing in the Putney end

alfie

Quote from: Baszab on January 06, 2019, 04:11:58 PM
To be honest I don't think the defence was a problem, it was having no one up front.
I have nothing against Vietto, he looks like he wants to do well and tries, but playing him up top as a target man was a complete waste of a position, he could have put Kamara, Schürrle or Mitrovic on, or at least changed it at halftime. As for Mitrovic coming on to take pen was ludicrous, should have let Seri have it, then he comes on.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jamie88

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 06, 2019, 04:19:34 PM
I think he was trying to prove to the owners that they need to spend $$$ if they plan on staying up.

Seriously...    a center back pairing of Chambers and Ream...

Just a week ago people were saying Odoi couldn't be a right back.    Yet because he scored today and got forward, all of a sudden he's a good defending RB.   

I seriously think Claudio wanted the owners to see we aren't good enough.

Not sure I've seen many if any saying this. What the majority including myself is saying, is that at least Odoi will give everything and try his best. That counts for alot in my book even if he isn't the greatest player

What we saw today was an utter joke from these so-called professionals.

davew

Cairney should have stayed on and taken the penalty, Captain leaving a sinking ship springs to mind.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: alfie on January 06, 2019, 04:26:12 PM
To be honest I don't think the defence was a problem, it was having no one up front.
I have nothing against Vietto, he looks like he wants to do well and tries, but playing him up top as a target man was a complete waste of a position, he could have put Kamara, Schürrle or Mitrovic on, or at least changed it at halftime. As for Mitrovic coming on to take pen was ludicrous, should have let Seri have it, then he comes on.

You're right.  The front line was most of today's problem.   

The team have much bigger problems though.   One of those is still the defense.   (2 goals conceded to a League 2 team)  Especially, having quality CB play.

I love Odoi's heart...but the team needs more than that.   I think Claudio knows this.

sarvenpa

CR "The FA Cup is fantastic for this reason. I wanted more from my players. We didn't play with passion"

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2019, 04:28:17 PM
Cairney should have stayed on and taken the penalty, Captain leaving a sinking ship springs to mind.

He had to go off as the 'bad tackle' on him grazed his shoe laces, and Sports Direct closes early on Sundays.

Baszab

I thought Vietto was soooo poor it beggars belief CR didn't bring on AK with 39 to go - maybe part of the intentional losing tactics

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 06, 2019, 04:28:17 PM
Exactly. Shame on him,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Sounds like the club should be starting to chase that £100m back now it's come to today being the best we can do with our *ahem*  talent.....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Baszab on January 06, 2019, 05:16:04 PM
I thought Vietto was soooo poor it beggars belief CR didn't bring on AK with 39 to go - maybe part of the intentional losing tactics

Vietto has to be Fonte in disguise. Where do they get these players from, don't tell me stats.

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

I think ranieri is dreadful error. I never liked him as a manager, as a man lovely and pleased for his freak luck  at leicester. But as a manager at fulham he guarantees failure.

Einstein said it was insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.... our owners make the same mistakes over and over   and do not seem to change.... second rate purchasing leaving us with a third rate squad, then we sack our manager at the wrong time and get a worse man.... slava was a genius, what he needed was a proper squad.

Ranieri is useless we are no better but in my opinion rather worse...zonal marking is suicide!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on January 06, 2019, 05:41:29 PM

I think ranieri is dreadful error. I never liked him as a manager, as a man lovely and pleased for his freak luck  at leicester. But as a manager at fulham he guarantees failure.

Einstein said it was insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.... our owners make the same mistakes over and over   and do not seem to change.... second rate purchasing leaving us with a third rate squad, then we sack our manager at the wrong time and get a worse man.... slava was a genius, what he needed was a proper squad.

Ranieri is useless we are no better but in my opinion rather worse...zonal marking is suicide!

Zonal marking is not just suicide, it's criminal.
Space does not score goals, players do.
It's basics. 

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

I really think he thought this was an exhibition game for the owners to see what we have on the bench.

*didn't play a 3-4-3  (even though MLM, Ream and Odoi are healthy)
*didn't play any of the youth
*didn't use either of our best fullbacks.   Yeah, Cyrus and Joe aren't world beaters...but they are both better than MLM and Odoi as FB (I actually thought Odoi and MLM did well attacking today, but Joe and Cyrus are better defenders.
*Played a front 3 that had only played limited minutes this season, and had never played as a trio.
*Adding this... He played Chambers at CB instead of at CDM...and he used Cisse there instead.   Now, if you watch the 3 games prior to the Arsenal game...you see how vital Chambers is at CDM to keeping a clean sheet/low score.    Why?  Because of positioning and conditioning.   He can protect the back line while still coming forward to help with attacks. Chambers work rate is much higher than Cisse's who you could visibly see growing more and more tired as the game progressed.   Arsenal will tell you Chambers isn't a good CB.  But Claudio stuck him there today...to show that Cisse  can't do the same job (hi Drinkwater)

Baszab

Strange no sign of StefJo or KMac..... they must both be off

Matt10

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 06, 2019, 06:49:48 PM
I really think he thought this was an exhibition game for the owners to see what we have on the bench.

*didn't play a 3-4-3  (even though MLM, Ream and Odoi are healthy)
*didn't play any of the youth
*didn't use either of our best fullbacks.   Yeah, Cyrus and Joe aren't world beaters...but they are both better than MLM and Odoi as FB (I actually thought Odoi and MLM did well attacking today, but Joe and Cyrus are better defenders.
*Played a front 3 that had only played limited minutes this season, and had never played as a trio.

Agreed here, felt that it was time for them to be trialists and they just were not switched on. Simple passes, and decision making at times were questionable at best.