watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves

Started by MikeW, January 07, 2019, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Watching them tonight makes you realise how far off the pace we have become since last season.  Tragic really.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: MikeW on January 07, 2019, 09:45:11 PM
Watching them tonight makes you realise how far off the pace we have become since last season.  Tragic really.

I was thinking the same thing .... what have we become?

Mince n Tatties

Some teams take the cup seriously.
Pity we didn't.

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 07, 2019, 09:47:35 PM
Pity we didn't.
When you think about it there were an awful lot of supporters saying we should rest players and give a chance to fringe players. My only real issue is changes should have made earlier, at least one at halftime.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

We would have been away to Doncaster, that would have been fine.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 07, 2019, 09:55:29 PM

Quite a journey a few days before a massive game against Brighton. They've got a draw they should be winning so may see it as a good opportunity and play a strong team. The Brighton game is also a lot bigger for us than them so you never now. I'm pleased we've got the rest before whereas they don't.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 07, 2019, 09:55:29 PM
That would only apply if we were the same number. Not sure how they are allocated so may not be the case

Sgt Fulham

I don't care we're out of the cup. No way we would win it. Underdogs that do have massive team spirit or SOMETHING. We do not, so best to drop the excess games and pray we scrape enough points in the league.

davew

Pity we didn't.
Morning Mince, I am not sure we would have won even if we had fielded our strongest team, perhaps that was what Ranieri was worried about?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: alfie on January 07, 2019, 09:50:22 PM
Pity we didn't.
When you think about it there were an awful lot of supporters saying we should rest players and give a chance to fringe players. My only real issue is changes should have made earlier, at least one at halftime.

But we didn't give any really new young players a chance  and yes no doubt that Mitro, Kamara and Sess. should have been taken off the bench after 45 to 60 minutes.

General

Pity we didn't.

Can we be a bit more realistic here - liverpool played their second string, a team who've hardly played competitive minutes of first team football, let alone played together... They had Sturridge and Origi up front.. I'd take our attack over those two. I appreciate Wolves in the league have simply done better than us and managed the transition better, but we can't compare their performance against a hugely understrength liverpool side - when they played their strongest team.

MikeW

You think our first team would beat Liverpool reserves? You have more faith than me.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Jimpav

Wolves were a cut above us in the chmpaionship too (head to head resuts aside), they ran away with that league.

Sting of the North

Quote from: MikeW on January 08, 2019, 01:33:19 PM
You think our first team would beat Liverpool reserves? You have more faith than me.

Well, if the referees hadn't screwed up, our first team should at least have drawn Liverpool's first team not that long ago. So, it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Whitesideup

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 07, 2019, 09:46:07 PM
Quote from: MikeW on January 07, 2019, 09:45:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing .... what have we become?

Well, I despite having a lot of possession (because we ceded it to them and sat back) I don't think they were that impressive against us at Craven Cottage. We could have won that game.