watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Rowett: Stoke City manager sacked after less than eight months

Started by sunburywhite, January 08, 2019, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

3 jobs he has had in 4 years.
Manager merrygoround...Slava second fav behind Moyes.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

IKnowNothing

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 08, 2019, 11:50:00 AM
Should we go for him???

Another manager another scapegoat for inept or inexperienced ownership. Wake me up when we learn how to build and run a team for purpose. Not Football Manager.

The Swan

I always thought he was a good manager. Goes to show how much I know.
The Swan

MJG

Should we go for him???
No

never understood the way some fans have wanted him in the past. people talk about managers who are frauds, I think hes one of them.
Just the views of a long term fan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on January 08, 2019, 02:53:52 PM
Should we go for him???
No

never understood the way some fans have wanted him in the past. people talk about managers who are frauds, I think hes one of them.

Agree.
And of course he will wrangle his way into another.

Mince n Tatties

Massive gamble from nowhere to odds on the Luton young manager... What a job he done there,non league to top of league 1.

aaronmcguigan

No harm but if you look at the types of player brought in; Ince, McClean,  Ashley Williams to add to the likes of Shawcross, Berahino, Allen and Bojan,

It feels as if they've directly targeted players who have flattered to deceive, and underachieved in recent years.  However they have played 26 games and lost 7. They are in a better position than Slav had us last year, they've panicked and Gary Rowett is out of a job. Its abit of karma for the way hes just walked out of Burton and Stoke

Buffalo76

Slavisa has today ruled himself out of the Stoke job after they approached him.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 08, 2019, 06:39:28 PM

Also terms of his sacking by us.
Wonder what that all about?

HV71

His pay off may exclude him working for someone else for a period of time

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 08, 2019, 07:59:52 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 08, 2019, 06:39:28 PM

Also terms of his sacking by us.
Wonder what that all about?
Usually concerning how much payoff he got, he must have accepted an amount on the basis he refrains from joining another club for a stipulated period.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Stoke City have appointed Luton Town boss Nathan Jones as their new manager, after Gary Rowett's sacking on Tuesday.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 09, 2019, 01:03:55 PM

Stoke City have appointed Luton Town boss Nathan Jones as their new manager, after Gary Rowett's sacking on Tuesday.
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 08, 2019, 03:45:41 PM
Massive gamble from nowhere to odds on the Luton young manager... What a job he done there,non league to top of league 1.

The gamble came off then,early comers had 25/1.

Nero

bog

I bet Simon Jordan will have something to say. He had a right go at Rowett when he left Derby in the Summer.

092.gif

filham

I wonder how we will be viewing Ranieri in four months time, I would say things are at a cross roads right now and taking the wrong turning in the window could be fatal for him.