more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oldham fan in peace.....

Started by Latic20, January 09, 2019, 09:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Latic20.
               I would have bought you a pint even at £6.50.

Great result for your boys. Wish we had as much passion as your team when we play Burnley.

Dis Matt Smith play for Oldham?. Did you beat Liverpool in the cup a few years ago. Smith was outstanding.

Good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. I have supported Fulham since 1961 and have a season ticket.
The Swan

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on January 09, 2019, 12:46:11 PM
Gotta say the abuse I received from Oldham fans when I came out of my house was very intimidating and quite scary, but as usual was a minority few.

Never knew you lived in the Cottage Alfie.
Do you charge them for using the changing rooms below. 049:gif

Latic20

Quote from: The Swan on January 09, 2019, 02:26:34 PM
Latic20.
               I would have bought you a pint even at £6.50.

Great result for your boys. Wish we had as much passion as your team when we play Burnley.

Dis Matt Smith play for Oldham?. Did you beat Liverpool in the cup a few years ago. Smith was outstanding.

Good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. I have supported Fulham since 1961 and have a season ticket.

Yes we signed Matt Smith from non-league. Many of our fans will agree that he was generally useless for us. I think his return was 0 goals in about 25 apps up until that cup run. I could be wrong, but think we ended up getting about £500k for him after his goal against Everton.

You will manage 3 pints for £6.50 if you are planning on a trip to Burnley this weekend. The Bridge Bier Huis serves excellent ale in the town centre.

Baszab

I don't agree about gloating - I think it was a genuinely nice post from Latic
I  am going to look out for Oldham results from now
I've been to their ground - absolutely freezing at the top of a hill

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2019, 02:34:11 PM
Gotta say the abuse I received from Oldham fans when I came out of my house was very intimidating and quite scary, but as usual was a minority few.

Close to the Cottage, Ellerby Street to be precise, have you not seen my Ferrari parked.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on January 09, 2019, 06:05:21 PM

Close to the Cottage, Ellerby Street to be precise, have you not seen my Ferrari parked.

All cars look alike to me Alfie,the wife and I still get about by pony n trap.

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2019, 06:14:25 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 09, 2019, 06:05:21 PM

All cars look alike to me Alfie,the wife and I still get about by pony n trap.
Darn site cheaper
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

Sorry if you missed the match, heard some of you were stuck on M6 due yo the incident with lorries

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Hatch007

Quote from: Latic20 on January 09, 2019, 01:56:36 PM

Disappointed to hear that, Alfie. As with all clubs, we have our fair share of idiots. I will never understand the mindset of wanting to cause trouble, even after a few beers.

We had had our fill in the Coat & Badge in Putney! At £6.50 a pint, I am glad we only have a trip to Doncaster in the 4th round!

Only £6.50 a pint? Was it Happy Hour?  :005:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Hatch007 on January 09, 2019, 09:59:03 PM
Quote from: Latic20 on January 09, 2019, 01:56:36 PM

Disappointed to hear that, Alfie. As with all clubs, we have our fair share of idiots. I will never understand the mindset of wanting to cause trouble, even after a few beers.

We had had our fill in the Coat & Badge in Putney! At £6.50 a pint, I am glad we only have a trip to Doncaster in the 4th round!

Only £6.50 a pint? Was it Happy Hour?  :005:

Only ? Nothing to laugh about.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

Latic20

Nice to read a friendly and decent message followed by similar conversation. Refreshing reminder that although every club has its Neanderthals, most supporters have the right attitude. My view of the game was that Oldham took the game deep, took their chances, and we didn't take ours, so well done, and I hope it helps your club financially - I know of the difficulties you have faced recently.  Good luck to Oldham in the next round, and compliments on your superb support.

WembleyTOD

Thanks Latic20 for such a warm and friendly message.

I have complimented the Oldham fans on a previous post as I felt you have been by far the best away fans seen at the Cottage this year. Your endless chanting kept many of us amused whilst our boys on the field left us less amused, Oldham thoroughly deserved their victory and there is no doubt that certainly for me, the bitter disappointment of the result was ever so slightly lessened by the fact we were beaten by a club with such a wonderful and decent fan base.