watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we sign Mr Drinkwater

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 10, 2019, 11:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Would Mr Cairney be leaving?.....are we shipping in to ship out.....is there life on Mars....why is concrete

filham

If Drinkwater signs we certainly are looking overloaded in midfield and surely some would have to move on.

HamsterWheel

Surely we'll still need a B team for the Cup games?
OOPS!

fulhamben

I'd sell Seri first personally if it were down to me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2019, 01:12:23 PM
We would get more for Cairney!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on January 10, 2019, 01:25:00 PM
Yes but I'm just a fan, I don't really care about khans bank account.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

I drink a lot of water,its good for the skin you know.😉

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2019, 01:37:05 PM

I also heard that beer is good for your hair. That's why I try to drink at least a few every day, since my hairline has crept up worryingly in the last few years.

alfie

Drinking water is very good for your short term memory, the only trouble is I keep forgetting to drink it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on January 10, 2019, 02:16:28 PM
Drinking water is very good for your short term memory, the only trouble is I keep forgetting to drink it.

lol.

Camel Club

If Drinkwater does arrive that would free Tom to play in his preferred and more natural role. I still think TC could be the catalyst for getting us out of the brown stuff.

Denver Fulham

Guys, no one is paying more for Cairney than Seri. Opposing managers talk in the papers about how clever Seri is and he's the key to disrupt for Fulham. No one talks about Cairney. Seri's transfer price this summer was more than anything ever quoted for Tom, whose price surely has dropped because he's been ineffective in this league and also suffered another significant injury, as well as being older. You may not like Seri, but he clearly has more market value than Tom.

JoelH5

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 10, 2019, 04:28:30 PM

Guys, no one is paying more for Cairney than Seri. Opposing managers talk in the papers about how clever Seri is and he's the key to disrupt for Fulham. No one talks about Cairney. Seri's transfer price this summer was more than anything ever quoted for Tom, whose price surely has dropped because he's been ineffective in this league and also suffered another significant injury, as well as being older. You may not like Seri, but he clearly has more market value than Tom.

Not to mention Tom seems too slow for the PL..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 10, 2019, 04:28:30 PM

Cool. Let's sell Seri then. His toes must be hurting and will be unable to play in the cold.

davew

Perhaps we should offer interested clubs "buy 1 and get 1 free"? I don't think either of them are good enough to play in the PL let alone help us to stay up, which is probably saying the same thing.

@jolslover

Quote from: davew on January 10, 2019, 06:21:41 PM
Perhaps we should offer interested clubs "buy 1 and get 1 free"? I don't think either of them are good enough to play in the PL let alone help us to stay up, which is probably saying the same thing.

Watch Seri go to Spurs and shine when we go down. Very good player. Around not so good players.
Look at the midfielders in the Green section of this graphic. The very best CMs in the world. Look who is there with them.
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1082275740228505600&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trollfootball.me%2Fnews%2Fview%2Fhow-do-a-select-group-of-central-midfielders-contribute-to-goals
STH H3

Sting of the North

I think both of them are no doubt good enough, and has shown it in several games. Sure, would like them both (but especially Tom) to be more consistent, but few players have been consistently good in this team unfortunately. I believe they will both be instrumental in any potential great escape.

YankeeJim

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 10, 2019, 11:20:08 AM
Would Mr Cairney be leaving?.....are we shipping in to ship out.....is there life on Mars....why is concrete

H4, if concrete is hard, is it still concrete when mixed and hasn't set yet? If so then "hard" is not a completely apt description of concrete. What if it is still dry in the bag? As to Mars, is Matt Damon still there?
You raise so many questions.  :023:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 10, 2019, 07:55:35 PM

I think both of them are no doubt good enough, and has shown it in several games. Sure, would like them both (but especially Tom) to be more consistent, but few players have been consistently good in this team unfortunately. I believe they will both be instrumental in any potential great escape.
Nobody has been consistently good in our games except maybe Rico, as for Seri and Cairney please enlighten me on which games you talking about? I have most of our games recorded and stored and am more than happy to watch them for the ??th time, even though I know the results. I am in no doubt that they are both not good enough, but it is about opinions, who is right and who is wrong, what really matters are results and the league table doesn't lie!! If we bring in the best 2 world mid field players that might help us but still no guarantee we will avoid relegation, our problems are not just confined to midfield!

AnOldBrownie

This.   Apparently, according to some...we'd get more for him than Cairney.

I'm of the belief we should keep both though...because they are essentially 1A and 1B of our Box to box midfield.   Drinkwater/Chambers would be more of the holding mids.

Cairney is a great backup for Seri, and I think Seri would be a great backup for Cairney.

And let's not forget two things...

Cairney was hurt after the first few games and missed a good # of games.
For whatever reason, half the time he plays...he's played as a right winger because Seri is played in Cairney's spot.   Tom sucks as a winger.

I'd say that when Tom has played centrally, he's been as good if not better than Seri when it comes to holding the ball, making a pass...