Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:02:06 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:01:35 PM
CONFIRMED! HARVARD
Who's he??

He is a DM & will wear the No. 6 shirt. Don´t think he is what we really needed unless he can play as a CD which he did in the beginning of his career
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2019, 10:08:51 PM
WHU fans are unanimous in their belief he is terrible

Yes but Palace fans said the same about TFM and he proved the right, oh wait

BedsFFC

davew

Roll on 11pm, I think the whole idea of loans should be scrapped, bloody farce!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Panic 5th choice signing I think.

Milo

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:11:59 PM
Roll on 11pm, I think the whole idea of loans should be scrapped, bloody farce!!

Low risk if we go down

davew

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2019, 10:11:35 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:02:06 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:01:35 PM
CONFIRMED! HARVARD
Who's he??

He is a DM & will wear the No. 6 shirt. Don´t think he is what we really needed unless he can play as a CD which he did in the beginning of his career
Roll on Alicante, get away from all this nonsense (not referring to your comment), no internet access for 5 days!!

Matt10

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:03:14 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 31, 2019, 10:01:39 PM
Told you we'd go after Nordtveidt :)
I obviously mix in the wrong circles or am Just blinkered supporting FFC, is he any good Matt?

For a big man he moves very well. Hangeland supports him as well. Can play CB or DMF. Good ratings in both positions. Norwegian international. Previously played PL for West Ham, and didn't do well. We want PL experience though, there you have it. We want size in the CB spot, there you have it.

Looking forward to seeing him in action. I didn't watch him at West Ham, but followed Borrusia M'Gladbach quite a bit while he was there.

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 10:06:31 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:00:31 PM
It will be like the last window, plenty of last minute signings of which none I or most of you will have heard of before, the amount of money spent (fcuk the FFP rules) won't matter, we will all be raising our glasses putting on our FFC shirts, caps, socks etc in celebration only to return to the repetitive and correct theme of Tony Khan hasn't a clue and his Dad is a fool!

Out of curiosity, which last minutes summer signings had no one heard of? I can think of Anguissa possibly, but other than that?
I hadn't heard of a couple of them, Anguissa obviously and believe it or not Seri! The latter I am more impressed with every time I watch him, certainly 1 of our best players now!

I meant the deadline signings, as I believe Seri was signed earlier. Never mind though

Neil D

How is his hamstring / metatarsal / cruciate ligament injury progressing...?

The Enclosurite

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 31, 2019, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 31, 2019, 10:05:50 PM
"His scouting profile and his data profile are both excellent, and he arrives with the support of our Manager.

Boxes ticked
Exactly what we need then, should fit in well in the rehabilitation centre!

First stat that jumped out on me when I looked at Transfermarkt was the amount of injuries he's had recently!

Fractured ankle just before Christmas and a current shinbone injury due back Feb 1st.  Not played since November.
¡COYW!

davew

Quote from: Milo on January 31, 2019, 10:12:59 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:11:59 PM

Low risk if we go down
That part is true!! Some teams can help others out and can manipulate the whole system, examples, maybe tomorrow when the window finally and thankfully closes!

davew

Quote from: Neil D on January 31, 2019, 10:15:06 PM
How is his hamstring / metatarsal / cruciate ligament injury progressing...?
He should be back in training in June!

davew

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 10:14:34 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 10:06:31 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:00:31 PM
It will be like the last window, plenty of last minute signings of which none I or most of you will have heard of before, the amount of money spent (fcuk the FFP rules) won't matter, we will all be raising our glasses putting on our FFC shirts, caps, socks etc in celebration only to return to the repetitive and correct theme of Tony Khan hasn't a clue and his Dad is a fool!

Out of curiosity, which last minutes summer signings had no one heard of? I can think of Anguissa possibly, but other than that?
I hadn't heard of a couple of them, Anguissa obviously and believe it or not Seri! The latter I am more impressed with every time I watch him, certainly 1 of our best players now!

I meant the deadline signings, as I believe Seri was signed earlier. Never mind though
That window has been and gone, now got this 1 to concentrate on, hurry up and finish!!

JoelH5

With Batshuyai going to palace, I think it's between us, Cardiff and Southampton for 18/19th
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on January 31, 2019, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2019, 10:03:14 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 31, 2019, 10:01:39 PM
Told you we'd go after Nordtveidt :)
I obviously mix in the wrong circles or am Just blinkered supporting FFC, is he any good Matt?

For a big man he moves very well. Hangeland supports him as well. Can play CB or DMF. Good ratings in both positions. Norwegian international. Previously played PL for West Ham, and didn't do well. We want PL experience though, there you have it. We want size in the CB spot, there you have it.

Looking forward to seeing him in action. I didn't watch him at West Ham, but followed Borrusia M'Gladbach quite a bit while he was there.
So 50 50 then, size matters !!

rusty shackleford

Ryan O'Donovan

Verified account

@R_O_Donovan
48s48 seconds ago
More
Fulham hopeful of getting another signing in before the deadline but it's very much touch and go at the moment #FFC

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:18:06 PM
With Batshuyai going to palace, I think it's between us, Cardiff and Southampton for 18/19th
LOL, safe bet there, 17th much more difficult to predict though!

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 10:18:06 PM

Surely one of the three teams have to finish 17?

Also, when did Michy B become a world beater?

davew

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2019, 10:19:16 PM
Ryan O'Donovan

Verified account

@R_O_Donovan
48s48 seconds ago
More
Fulham hopeful of getting another signing in before the deadline but it's very much touch and go at the moment #FFC
Danny Rose will do!