https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Matt10 on January 24, 2019, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 24, 2019, 08:57:03 PM
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-fulham-piace-toloi-primi-contatti-con-l-entourage-del-difensore-1205935

Claudio Ranieri's Fulham is considering the engagement of the Atalanta defender Rafael Toloi. The London club, according to what we learned from our editorial team, would have initiated contacts with the entourage of the Brazilian player, class 1990.

Excellent, hope this happens. More Serie A/B experience the better. We need defenders who are comfortable playing the deep defensive lines that Claudio employs.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-showing-interest-brazilian-defender-ahead-deadline-contact-made-agent/

I think you are thinking of a stereotypical Italian side. They don't all play the same though. I believe that Atalanta is a very high pressing team, and not at all holding a deep defensive line. At least not nowadays, don't know how long he's been there or how they played before.

ToodlesMcToot

Leaving my Fulham related feelings out of it, it's somewhat funny how the journos dole these rumors out in linear fashion, as if that's the way the process works. Interest in Cahill. Cahill not coming. Interest in Benatia. Benatia goes to Qatar. Interest in Toloi. Just keeps the page clicks coming.

However, I truly doubt that this is the way we conduct business, no matter how poorly, during transfer windows. Far more likely that these conversations/negotiations occur concurrently.

Journo method does drive the angst though. I'll give them that.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Matt10

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 24, 2019, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 24, 2019, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 24, 2019, 08:57:03 PM
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-fulham-piace-toloi-primi-contatti-con-l-entourage-del-difensore-1205935

Claudio Ranieri's Fulham is considering the engagement of the Atalanta defender Rafael Toloi. The London club, according to what we learned from our editorial team, would have initiated contacts with the entourage of the Brazilian player, class 1990.

Excellent, hope this happens. More Serie A/B experience the better. We need defenders who are comfortable playing the deep defensive lines that Claudio employs.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-showing-interest-brazilian-defender-ahead-deadline-contact-made-agent/

I think you are thinking of a stereotypical Italian side. They don't all play the same though. I believe that Atalanta is a very high pressing team, and not at all holding a deep defensive line. At least not nowadays, don't know how long he's been there or how they played before.

You are absolutely right, Atalanta does not play as traditional Italian as most. I love Gasperini's system because it is focused on a 3 back in attack, 5 in defense, but with a high press man-marking for the midfielders, while the centre-back drops back deep in case the lines are breached.

Not sure if you've seen this, but I have Atalanta's system bookmarked: https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/analysing-gasperinis-exciting-atalanta-team/

The site in general is brilliant, but unfortunately not updated since last year.

I think Toloi would be an incredible anchor at CB for us. Just not convinced it will happen as he's been good for the side this year.

Milo

So Henry sacked at Monaco who were second favourites behind us for Cahill to join..

Fulham Tup North

So, Twitter rumour saying Fulham are looking at giving Mitroglou another chance!! WTF??
As rumours go......
With Mario Balotelli's arrival in Marseille, Mitroglou has been considered surplus to requirement. Following successful negotiations, the Fulham board are willing to give him another chance. He feels he has unanswered critics in England #FFC #OM. Tony
::pirate::
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Matt10

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 25, 2019, 12:56:20 AM
So, Twitter rumour saying Fulham are looking at giving Mitroglou another chance!! WTF??
As rumours go......
With Mario Balotelli's arrival in Marseille, Mitroglou has been considered surplus to requirement. Following successful negotiations, the Fulham board are willing to give him another chance. He feels he has unanswered critics in England #FFC #OM. Tony

From the same guy who said Tony Pulis was going to replace Ranieri? Or signing Shawcross and Lee Cattermole?

https://twitter.com/overmind_agent/with_replies

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

We could do worse than a motivated  Mitroglou with a point to prove, although I never understood why he got
such a slagging on here when we hadly ever saw him.
Bearing in mind the fickelty of our last few managers; all of whom have (and are) having their own
opinions on each and every player they 'inherited"

The merry-go-round of managers and players who 'turn them on"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

..FOF..

Mitro & Mitro!

Let's hope if it happens they can get along:D

TXWhite

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 25, 2019, 12:56:20 AM
As rumours go......

He's a wind-up merchant - just ignore it. He's quite funny to be fair.

Mince n Tatties

There is a signing today,somewhere over the rainbow, or on a crowded avenue,or turn a different corner and we never would have met. :012: :012: :012:

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 24, 2019, 09:16:40 PM
Leaving my Fulham related feelings out of it, it's somewhat funny how the journos dole these rumors out in linear fashion, as if that's the way the process works. Interest in Cahill. Cahill not coming. Interest in Benatia. Benatia goes to Qatar. Interest in Toloi. Just keeps the page clicks coming.

However, I truly doubt that this is the way we conduct business, no matter how poorly, during transfer windows. Far more likely that these conversations/negotiations occur concurrently.

Journo method does drive the angst though. I'll give them that.

The truth.

hovewhite

junior white

Mitroglu wasn't fit when we signed him fro what I remember, wasn't his fault the club decided we should sign a half fit player a month at least away form fitness when we were in trouble. Shows how desperate we were then and how poorly we were being run. Also I do not remember McGath giving him a chance when he wanted to play when fit the following season, and he was then shipped out on loan.

Since leaving us he has i think scored regularly, if fit and firing he wouldn't be a bad option, 2 Mitro's up top would be quite funny lol

It is very unlikely though in my opinion to happen, especially as it seems it s wind up twitter man putting the news out there

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: junior white on January 25, 2019, 08:09:33 AM
Mitroglu wasn't fit when we signed him fro what I remember, wasn't his fault the club decided we should sign a half fit player a month at least away form fitness when we were in trouble. Shows how desperate we were then and how poorly we were being run. Also I do not remember McGath giving him a chance when he wanted to play when fit the following season, and he was then shipped out on loan.

Since leaving us he has i think scored regularly, if fit and firing he wouldn't be a bad option, 2 Mitro's up top would be quite funny lol

It is very unlikely though in my opinion to happen, especially as it seems it s wind up twitter man putting the news out there

THIS

Since he started playing for Olympiakos 11 years ago Mitroglu has scored 130 goals in 256 club appearances ion the Greek, Portuguese and French top divisions. He is a decent striker who knows where the net is and it was FFC's fault we signed him injured & the subsequent handling of the player thereafter.

Holders

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 25, 2019, 09:08:17 AM
Quote from: junior white on January 25, 2019, 08:09:33 AM

THIS

Since he started playing for Olympiakos 11 years ago Mitroglu has scored 130 goals in 256 club appearances ion the Greek, Portuguese and French top divisions. He is a decent striker who knows where the net is and it was FFC's fault we signed him injured & the subsequent handling of the player thereafter.

Quite agree. I doubt if there's anything in this but I'd love to see him here.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Steven Ageroad

I thought that one of the reasons Mitroglou did not want to play for us was the fact that we dropped from the Premier League into the Championship, which looks like it might happen again.
The few games I saw him play in I thought he was decent, his positioning was good but he never got the service.

the nutflush

Mitroglou always got a bad rap.  It wasn't his fault we signed an injured player who got injured again and hardly played for us.  And who in their right mind would want to stick around and play for Felix Magath?  We all know now he can play and he has gone on to score a boatload of goals at other clubs so why not?

Having said that I think we are looking at the wrong end of the pitch.  Our defence has been a shambles and not a defensive signing in sight.

f321ffc

From Twitter so who knows?

Transferchanger
@TransferChanger
·
48m
Manchester United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah could be set for a loan move to La Liga side Levante.

#MUFC
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2019, 06:13:45 AM
There is a signing today,somewhere over the rainbow,

Perhaps Zippy from 🌈 Rainbow is about all we will get.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2019, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2019, 06:13:45 AM
There is a signing today,somewhere over the rainbow,

Perhaps Zippy from 🌈 Rainbow is about all we will get.

I hope not because that means we Bungled it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me