watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SG on January 25, 2019, 06:49:09 PM
Smile you could be at the cricket

Too true. I have been listening to Agnew and co struggling to keep the commentary going and not just say "Jeeez that was shite" after each over. Team selection for the next one could be more interesting than ours as any newbies or reshuffling of the pack needs to settle down in double quick time, the Aussies are up later.

So as to not hijack the thread I have heard no rumours all day.

DevonFFC

#AVFC Gary Cahill deal is live. Loan move. Other clubs not willing to meet wage demand, Villa freed up wages with Bolasie leaving. Understand they won't be covering all of the wage if they can get the deal done. Will tight the defence massively. A leader in the back 4. #CFC

Poor if true

ScalleysDad

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 25, 2019, 08:04:51 PM
#AVFC Gary Cahill deal is live. Loan move. Other clubs not willing to meet wage demand, Villa freed up wages with Bolasie leaving. Understand they won't be covering all of the wage if they can get the deal done. Will tight the defence massively. A leader in the back 4. #CFC

Poor if true

And good riddance really. We wanted/needed a leader who was up for the challenge and one heck of a rollercoaster ride. Relegation would not have harmed his cv, having a go might have enhanced it a bit.

Riversider

Poor if true

Villa said exactly the same when John Terry went there, how did that turn out for them ?

DevonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on January 26, 2019, 01:10:33 AM

Poor if true

Villa said exactly the same when John Terry went there, how did that turn out for them ?

They fell at the final hurdle I would say a very good signing.

The Old Count

Poor if true

If we thought he was only coming for the money then we did well to leave him out.  If it is just about the money though, why wouldn't he just sit around at Chelsea? Why Villa in the Championship?

DevonFFC

Quote from: The Old Count on January 26, 2019, 09:23:53 AM

Poor if true

If we thought he was only coming for the money then we did well to leave him out.  If it is just about the money though, why wouldn't he just sit around at Chelsea? Why Villa in the Championship?

There isn't one player who is not motivated by money, unfortunately that's the times we are in. If he didn't move to us because he didn't want relegation, seems odd as villa may not even make the play offs so he could therefore be in the same league come next season.

colinwhite

Villa was his first club if im not mistaken being sold to bolton by Oneil ,who didnt rate him ,so it would make sense.....

Nero

Think it might be Chelsea are happy with the deal doesn't mean Cahill is. think he would prefer a PL club, as he will want to be playing PL football next season, unless he is friends with Terry and hes doing some arm twisting

the nutflush

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 25, 2019, 08:16:03 PM

Poor if true

And good riddance really. We wanted/needed a leader who was up for the challenge and one heck of a rollercoaster ride. Relegation would not have harmed his cv, having a go might have enhanced it a bit.

No such leader wants a bar of us because we are too deep in the poo.  Relegation is inevitable.  We have zero leadership currently and that will not change during this transfer period.

nose returns

Quote from: the nutflush on January 26, 2019, 10:38:47 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 25, 2019, 08:16:03 PM

Poor if true

like with other players at the wrong end of their career he wanted a bit of assurance and stabiity. we have let him slip through our fingers. personally i thought his wage demand was too high if true, but i suspect 18 months was of more interest to him and our leaders didn't feel that was right. based on that assumprtion we probably did the wrong thing.

No such leader wants a bar of us because we are too deep in the poo.  Relegation is inevitable.  We have zero leadership currently and that will not change during this transfer period.

f321ffc

Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol
ULTIMA HORA: Fulham compra Andre Almeida por 8,5 Milhões de euros mais 2 Milhões em objetivos.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Right, Cahill off to Villa then we have we have 4 working days to sign up our second choice centre back, lets see some positive action with no mistakes . Remember he must have premier league experience and be fit and ready to hit the ground running.

BedsFFC

Quote from: filham on January 26, 2019, 01:18:47 PM
Right, Cahill off to Villa then we have we have 4 working days to sign up our second choice centre back, lets see some positive action with no mistakes . Remember he must have premier league experience and be fit and ready to hit the ground running.

OK Gaffer, I'm in Battersea park later. I'll keep a lookout. I think I saw Sean Davis yesterday. Would he do?

fulhamben

Tim ream has prem experience, would you buy him in this window? I don't care where he plays or has played as long as he is good
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

DevonFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2019, 01:28:59 PM
Tim ream has prem experience, would you buy him in this window? I don't care where he plays or has played as long as he is good

To true, this whole prem experience is a load of ****, look at the best players in the league, they all pretty much came from other leagues around the world.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: f321ffc on January 26, 2019, 12:32:13 PM
Correio da Manhã Futebol
@CM_Futebol
ULTIMA HORA: Fulham compra Andre Almeida por 8,5 Milhões de euros mais 2 Milhões em objetivos.
He's a rb from Benfica but apart from that I know absolutely zilch about him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 26, 2019, 01:30:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2019, 01:28:59 PM

To true, this whole prem experience is a load of ****, look at the best players in the league, they all pretty much came from other leagues around the world.

It was our Manager who stated it 2 weeks ago.😉
Shame all them best players you on about,didn't end up at the Cottage....Instead we got(enough said)