more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: grandad on January 28, 2019, 09:30:34 AM
Anyone we may now sign has either not featured since 1st day of season or is recovering from injury sustained last season. They will need at least 3 months to get match fit.
But none of that would show in his Stats so we may have every reason to be confident and splash the cash.

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on January 28, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
As no one seems to want last minute deadline signings should we just say thats it?

Lets just get on with what we have and muddle through without making costly mistakes that will not in my view change the direction we are going.
Totally agree

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St. Andrews White

Or see it as a chance to bed in some good players for the Championship. £3.9m ain't a huge amount and gives 8 months to properly bed in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

BedsFFC

Quote from: supersimmo123 on January 28, 2019, 12:06:35 PM
Scott Dann one has legs. Lots to still work out in terms of finances and how the deal is structured apparently.

Read that as Scott Dann has one leg.

My first reaction was the stats system gonna take some stick for that

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: supersimmo123 on January 28, 2019, 12:06:35 PM
Scott Dann one has legs. Lots to still work out in terms of finances and how the deal is structured apparently.

Would be a top signing for me and strikes me as someone that would be happy to captain a team in the championship next season.

Him and Mawson would be the best CB pairing in the league.

With Odoi, Le Marchand and Ream in behind, we'd be set.

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Dann would be a good signing, add more strength and height and Leadership to the back line.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

And a real Captain at long last 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻

Woolly Mammoth

Could be a busy last couple days incoming and outgoing.
But if nothing happens, it is what it is, and we have to get on with what we have.
We must not give up no matter what, think of the pride of fighting for every point, no room for feint hearts.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Talksport....Fulham have made an increased bid for Joseph  Attamah.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Moltobueno on January 28, 2019, 02:58:22 PM
Probably not seriously taken but: https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-eye-move-for-antonio-valencia/257814/

Let's hope it's true. Would be a massive upgrade I believe, and has at least played a little this season. If we can get him on a short term contract that would be exactly the type of signing that can increase our chances of survival.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 28, 2019, 03:03:41 PM
Probably not seriously taken but: https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-eye-move-for-antonio-valencia/257814/

Let's hope it's true. Would be a massive upgrade I believe, and has at least played a little this season. If we can get him on a short term contract that would be exactly the type of signing that can increase our chances of survival.

On too much money,Ashley want sanction a bid from Newcastle as he's on £100,000+ a week.

AnOldBrownie

He's strong and quick...but I'm not sure how his conditioning would be if they used him like they use Cyrus Christie.     He's third on United's depth chart for a reason at RB, and if he's expected to cross (which he doesn't do well) and also track back and assist with closing down attackers...

Because if his experience and pace he's an upgrade over Christie.    That doesn't mean he'd work out.   It just means that he SHOULD work a little better.   

CB is still a much bigger need than RB.   Valencia would have allowed the same game winning cross that Christie allowed last week...so, imo it's not much of an upgrade other than the pace.   

Milo

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 28, 2019, 03:13:40 PM

He's strong and quick...but I'm not sure how his conditioning would be if they used him like they use Cyrus Christie.     He's third on United's depth chart for a reason at RB, and if he's expected to cross (which he doesn't do well) and also track back and assist with closing down attackers...

Because if his experience and pace he's an upgrade over Christie.    That doesn't mean he'd work out.   It just means that he SHOULD work a little better.   

CB is still a much bigger need than RB.   Valencia would have allowed the same game winning cross that Christie allowed last week...so, imo it's not much of an upgrade other than the pace.   

If true, then short term loan until end of season to give us a chance of staying up. Would slot in at RB straight away for 1-2 games on trial to assess if improvement on Christie. Otherwise could play RW with Babel on LW? Suddenly a front line more willing to counter attack?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2019, 02:51:07 PM

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2019, 02:51:07 PM

I would have thought, Too small for a centre back though, we have enough short defenders as it is.

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

He's 33 I think, is he still quick? A bit of an injury risk for a player that needs to cover a lot of ground.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Milo on January 28, 2019, 03:23:58 PM

If true, then short term loan until end of season to give us a chance of staying up. Would slot in at RB straight away for 1-2 games on trial to assess if improvement on Christie. Otherwise could play RW with Babel on LW? Suddenly a front line more willing to counter attack?

Fortunately his wage bill is probably too high.    If money is going to be spent to stay up and Fulham are going to buy a RB, they need to be able to afford two players for the cost of Valencia.   RB and CB, otherwise it's putting a band aid over a knife wound.   

And if it's for a RW'er...I want Sess getting those minutes.   

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 28, 2019, 03:25:51 PM

He's 33 I think, is he still quick? A bit of an injury risk for a player that needs to cover a lot of ground.

If he were racing someone for 50 meters..yes, he's faster than Christie and would win that race.   He carries a lot of muscle though, so he's not going to do that for an entire 90 minutes.   Not even for 60 minutes the way Christie/Fosu Mensah were used as right backs.   Not going to happen.

He's a good starter/depth player...but not on the wages he's commanding.  You could get two players to cover two spots for that $$$.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 28, 2019, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 28, 2019, 03:25:51 PM

If he were racing someone for 50 meters..yes, he's faster than Christie and would win that race.   He carries a lot of muscle though, so he's not going to do that for an entire 90 minutes.   Not even for 60 minutes the way Christie/Fosu Mensah were used as right backs.   Not going to happen.

He's a good starter/depth player...but not on the wages he's commanding.  You could get two players to cover two spots for that $$$.

I'll leave that to the finance guys at the club to determine, but in general it is probably not as clear cut as saying "if we get this player we cannot get the other one". Of course there are limits, and for good reason, but there is nothing suggesting that if (a big if) we go for Valencia then a CB is out of the question. It is going to be even more difficult to speculate if we are going to invent a number of additional possible problems in my opinion.

As I stated before, I believe Valencia even at 33 would be a massive upgrade on Christie.