more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2019, 12:57:09 PM
Bournemouth splashing out again £12 mill on Chris Mepham from Brentford.
[/qu.  I like howe he is building something good at his club.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: corbs83 on January 16, 2019, 12:04:25 PM
O'RILEY BUNDESLIGA BOUND?

Fulham's highly-rated 18-year old midfielder Matt O'Riley could soon become the latest young England talent to head for the Bundesliga.

Scouts from Stuttgart, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have all monitored his progress as recently as last week, when he starred in Fulham's U23 3-1 victory over Man United.

Domestically, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds and Norwich are also understood to be considering a bid for the creative midfielder who has been at Fulham since the age of eight.

Anyone know when his contract expires?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hovewhite on January 16, 2019, 01:22:42 PM
[/qu.  I like howe he is building something good at his club.

Ditto. Great manager. Prob my favourite manager at the moment (given we lost Slavisa).

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2019, 01:18:06 PM

Fulham's highly-rated 18-year old midfielder Matt O'Riley could soon become the latest young England talent to head for the Bundesliga.

Scouts from Stuttgart, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have all monitored his progress as recently as last week, when he starred in Fulham's U23 3-1 victory over Man United.

Domestically, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds and Norwich are also understood to be considering a bid for the creative midfielder who has been at Fulham since the age of eight.

He should be in Fulhams team.

Not too sure this manager likes the kids,don't think imo that he that keen on Sess.

Riversider

Is that the same Chris Mepham from Brentford that apparently isn't good enough for us according to some on here ?
Maybe we should avoid Ollie Watkins and Rico Henry as well just to be safe, and stick to either the Turkish league or the French second division . 😦😬

hovewhite

Claudio is one of the managers that seems to ignore young players,what we witnessing with sess is a case in piont.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on January 16, 2019, 02:12:22 PM

Is that the same Chris Mepham from Brentford that apparently isn't good enough for us according to some on here ?

Yes it is, and just because another team makes a bid and signs him doesnt make him any good.

And isnt this the crux of it all. You like Mepham and others dont. if we were managers you would sign him, I would not. If the stats said yes I was the scout it would be a no. With you it would be a yes.

And then we can other players you dont like who i like. In the end owners, managers and DOF's cant please everyone. Every signing in someway is a gamble.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 16, 2019, 01:26:18 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 16, 2019, 01:22:42 PM
I like howe he is building something good at his club.

Ditto. Great manager. Prob my favourite manager at the moment (given we lost Slavisa).

Well run club. Another young English lad. Typical Bournemouth signing.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2019, 01:31:45 PM

Not too sure this manager likes the kids,don't think imo that he that keen on Sess.

The time for bringing him into the first team was last season, not this one - speaking only to regular season competition, not cups. We were dominating teams consistently last season and could have easily brought him through, preparing him for any minutes he might have gotten this season. That didn't happen in a far less pressure filled situation. So, given that only Sess has seen anything approaching significant playing time, I'm not so sure that the opportunities have really been there outside of the League Cup (only 3)....no matter the manager.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Count Flapula

Given our current lack of creativity in midfield and the total lack of confidence in that area, it would be a crying shame of O'Riley doesn't get a sniff with us only to join Dortmund on what will likely be a pittance in relation to his apparent pedigree / potential.

Sincerely hoping he gets a chance to show what he can do in the same way Gibbs-White has for Wolves.

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 16, 2019, 01:31:45 PM

If the kids start going then we've truly come full circle to where we were back in 2013.

Relegated from the PL with a crap team of mercenaries
Fire-sale required to avoid an FFP sting
Multiple managers per season
Our best kids getting taken off us for peanuts by the likes of Celtic
Comically overpriced signings from abroad
Making headlines for all the wrong reasons
Last time it was Magath with his cheese, this time it's Tony Khan on Twitter, and players fighting over penalties and yoga teachers

Roll-up, roll-up, Shahid's Spectacular Circus is coming back to SW6

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: hovewhite on January 16, 2019, 02:14:39 PM
Claudio is one of the managers that seems to ignore young players,what we witnessing with sess is a case in piont.

Not to sure Claudio's short time with us should be used to judge him on this. He's been brought in to put out a 4 alarm blaze, not to build a team for the future.

Wasn't he the one to bring Damarai Gray through at Leicester?

Not really arguing your point, as I really only pay attention to Fulham as much as is possible for me. Just stating that his tenure with LC would likely be the better example to judge, since all was well with them while he was there.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 16, 2019, 11:13:11 AM
FROM SKY

MCDONALD TO BE LOANED OUT

Fulham are willing to let midfielder Kevin McDonald leave the club on loan this month, Sky Sports News understands.

The 30-year-old has made only 11 appearances so far this season and last featured for Fulham in the 1-1 draw with Wolves on Boxing Day.

Sky Sports News understands a number of Sky Bet Championship sides are interested in signing McDonald.

The Scotland international signed a new two-year deal with Fulham last summer, which also included an option to extend by a further 12 months.

But following the arrival of manager Claudio Ranieri in November, McDonald has played just eight minutes of football under the Italian.

McDonald joined Fulham from Wolves in 2016 and was an integral player under former manager Slavisa Jokanovic as the club won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs last season.

I hate Sky Sports.    They report "It's cloudy and it MAY rain today" and call it news.     Speculation shouldn't be news.

bobby01

So 32 is the new 28, after being told we would not sign anyone over 28, we now have Babel, looking at Simpson and Cahill. It beggars belief.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

@jolslover

Quote from: bobby01 on January 16, 2019, 02:31:20 PM
So 32 is the new 28, after being told we would not sign anyone over 28, we now have Babel, looking at Simpson and Cahill. It beggars belief.

If we don't sign players over 28, Khan gets abuse for not signing experience, If we do Khan gets abuse for signings mercenaries.
No doubt he can't win with some.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Maybe we should avoid Ollie Watkins and Rico Henry as well just to be safe, and stick to either the Turkish league or the French second division . 😦😬

Bournemouth have clearly got professional football people working for them, who know what they are doing, and recognise their needs, and of course a very good manager.
Which is something Fulham lack in abundance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on January 16, 2019, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on January 16, 2019, 02:31:20 PM

If we don't sign players over 28, Khan gets abuse for not signing experience, If we do Khan gets abuse for signings mercenaries.
No doubt he can't win with some.
He will never win, because he is not very good at his job, and I am being generous saying that. TK made the ridiculous decision about 28 maximum, now after the herd of horses have bolted, he has reversed the decision.
You could go to any pub in England and the average supporter will tell you that 28 years is a complete nonsense, but TK in his foolishness thought he knew better, well he knows no more than a recuse living on another planet, he has done Fulham no favours, the guy is inadequate and an embarrassment.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on January 16, 2019, 02:16:39 PM

Yes it is, and just because another team makes a bid and signs him doesnt make him any good.

And isnt this the crux of it all. You like Mepham and others dont. if we were managers you would sign him, I would not. If the stats said yes I was the scout it would be a no. With you it would be a yes.

And then we can other players you dont like who i like. In the end owners, managers and DOF's cant please everyone. Every signing in someway is a gamble.

Really, well no offence but I would take the opinion of Eddie Howe and his recruitment team over you and the Fulham recruitment team every time,
Bournemouth have had success after success after success in the transfer window whilst Fulham have had failure after failure after failure in the transfer market,
Bournemouth constantly buy hungry young players on the way up whereas Fulham constantly buy players on the way down,
Bournemouth are one of the best run teams in The Premier League whereby Fulham are one of the worst,
Incidentally how much of Chris Mepham have you seen recently to form your view ?

ToodlesMcToot

Bielsa has apparently called an unscheduled press conference. Leeds about to implode over this "spygate" nonsense???