more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2019, 03:23:43 PM
Are these Tinkermans choice,he said 2 weeks ago we must get players in with Premier experience.
Think Slava had the same problem.

One of the three does have PL experience. Maybe no one else who has is available or will come.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2019, 03:23:43 PM
Are these Tinkermans choice,he said 2 weeks ago we must get players in with Premier experience.
Think Slava had the same problem.

Did he specifically say PL experience, or just experience?

Mince n Tatties

Talksport now.....Drinkwater could be Fulham bound with Stefan J going to Turkey.

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2019, 03:28:55 PM
Talksport now.....Drinkwater could be Fulham bound with Stefan J going to Turkey.

That would be a good swap. Stefjo hasn't really been able to adjust to the Prem.

fulhamben

would he be as starter? I'm not so sure he would
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2019, 03:32:05 PM

Depends really. He's certainly be a great squad upgrade. Just speculating here but I'd like to see Chambers in a 3 at the back if we have these types of players coming through. He's been amazing at DM, but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think he's played in a 3 which I think he would excel in. Slotting him in (predicting it works) and having Drinkwater/Seri slot in DM, could be a great upgrade for this team.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2019, 03:34:34 PM

Depends really. He's certainly be a great squad upgrade. Just speculating here but I'd like to see Chambers in a 3 at the back if we have these types of players coming through. He's been amazing at DM, but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think he's played in a 3 which I think he would excel in. Slotting him in (predicting it works) and having Drinkwater/Seri slot in DM, could be a great upgrade for this team.
I hope we never play 3 at the back again. And I wasnt impressed with chambers at all at cb

Steeeeeeeeeed

I really was expecting at least one of Ranieris old Leicester players to be linked to us at some time. Drinkwater would be good.

I was thinking Wes Morgan, as he seems to be on the dip at Leicester, he is 34, but might have been good for a new final challenge.

Sting of the North

I rather not have a back 5, since I think that our wing backs are not good enough, and neither are the CBs. Would much rather accommodate more midfielders so that we can play both Cairney and Seri since they are our best players except for Mitro in my opinion. In order to do that, we need to play 3 in midfield so that Seri can be allowed to be a little more adventurous. I believe Drinkwater can be a good option and competition for the midfield 3 of Chambers, Seri and Cairney.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 31, 2019, 03:35:57 PM

I hope we never play 3 at the back again. And I wasnt impressed with chambers at all at cb

Agree with both.

3 at the back hampers Fulham offensively.    The team needs to stop goals without sacrificing the offense.   And Chambers probably has the highest work rate on the squad.   I don't see him moving back to CB after Scott Parker saw how good he is as a CDM.

How reliable is Talksport?   

I don't think Drinkwater is coming to Fulham.  1. Cost   2. Relegation battle

Sure, he MIGHT come to Fulham.    Cahill might have come too.   Not counting anything as even a possibility until a foreign player is on a plane, or a London based player is holding up a shirt.   nope, not going to fall for English media.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 03:39:32 PM

I rather not have a back 5, since I think that our wing backs are not good enough, and neither are the CBs. Would much rather accommodate more midfielders so that we can play both Cairney and Seri since they are our best players except for Mitro in my opinion. In order to do that, we need to play 3 in midfield so that Seri can be allowed to be a little more adventurous. I believe Drinkwater can be a good option and competition for the midfield 3 of Chambers, Seri and Cairney.

Yes, fair enough. i was also making the presumption that we'd bring in better wing backs which I forgot to mention. As much as Chambers has been insanely good, like unprecedented good, I think Drinkwater walks into this team.

Bracken White

Sorry, not enthused by this news. Personally believe that Johansen has been harshly dropped by Ranieri & should be in the match day squad on merit.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

JoelH5

Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2019, 03:47:01 PM
Sorry, not enthused by this news. Personally believe that Johansen has been harshly dropped by Ranieri & should be in the match day squad on merit.

Merit doesn't keep you on in the PL, unless he scores 20+ a season!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Love Stef Jo, and I think he's a Raniari type player (hard grafter and disciplined/tactically smart sh*thousery) but I don't think hes up to EPL standard whereas Drinkwater is, without a doubt.

General

I'm really underwhelmed by the looks of our potential signings so far.. Ranieri said he needed leadership and premiership experience, lauded Cahill as being great for us and we're going for a bunch of players with very little proven credibility at this level in the premiership....

What happened to Cahill, Valencia etc?... Cahill would rather sit on the bench at Chelsea then come to us? Hoping some premiership experience comes into our back line.. having had high hopes for the likes of Anguissa (who in fairness got to the europa league final with Marseille), any other players without premiership experience coming in with less proven top flight european football experience than that is simply put a risk we shouldn't be taking. Especially given the language, culture and league position we hold.

I'd be dissapointed I think if we only ended up with Drinkwater in midfield as our premier league experience... I genuinely think we should be throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get Cahill, Valencia, Moses etc... sort the defence and our attack has more than enough about it.

Poor planning by TK so far in my books - obviously say all of this with the caveat of being proven wrong, but considering how poorly this season has gone with the players we brought in over the summer can anyone blame me for wanting something more assured/realiable?

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2019, 03:45:55 PM

Yes, fair enough. i was also making the presumption that we'd bring in better wing backs which I forgot to mention. As much as Chambers has been insanely good, like unprecedented good, I think Drinkwater walks into this team.

Better wing backs would help, but I still believe that it is for the benefit of the team to play both Seri and Cairney, which is easier to accommodate with a back 4. I know that we shouldn't get too carried away by the second half on Tuesday, but what it showed was that both Seri and Tom can be real players at this level.

As for Drinkwater, I agree that the player that left Leicester would likely walk into the team. Not as certain about the player leaving Chelsea would however, at least not straight away.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2019, 03:48:38 PM

Love Stef Jo, and I think he's a Raniari type player (hard grafter and disciplined/tactically smart sh*thousery) but I don't think hes up to EPL standard whereas Drinkwater is, without a doubt.

For all we know, he may not want to sign another contract. Runs out end of this season, so we are most likely cashing in. Doubt we're selling him just for the sake of it.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 31, 2019, 03:45:55 PM

Better wing backs would help, but I still believe that it is for the benefit of the team to play both Seri and Cairney, which is easier to accommodate with a back 4. I know that we shouldn't get too carried away by the second half on Tuesday, but what it showed was that both Seri and Tom can be real players at this level.

As for Drinkwater, I agree that the player that left Leicester would likely walk into the team. Not as certain about the player leaving Chelsea would however, at least not straight away.

Presumably due to match fitness? That is indeed my only concern. I want to see a trio middle of Chambers/Drinkwater, Cairney and Seri also to be fair but its hard to see who sits out.

Tabby

He has been looking well of pace whenever I've seen him this season.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on January 31, 2019, 03:55:25 PM

He has been looking well of pace whenever I've seen him this season.
yep, I don't even think he was as good last year as he was in his first season.