more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who loses most?

Started by I Ronic, January 14, 2019, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2019, 10:38:29 PM
Frank Zambo Anguissa would not have been any decent statisticians choice, because he has a massive "lack of statistical significant data" as all his statistics are in partnership with one midfielder in one formation in one league for one year, any statistician would say he is a good player but huge risk if he can adapt.

If Scouts didn't like him they would have said "i don't know what lack of statistical significant data is, but i don't want him so sounds good enough reason for me not to buy him". A good scout should know how to find a few statistics to scare Tony Khan into not buying a player they don't like.

Of course, the scouts did like him (at least some of them) so they are to blame.

The coaches are also to blame Anguissa started here moderately below standard, but coaches should be able to improve a 23 yo with no EPL experience. Anguissa in his first game didn't play as well as last season against Tottenham (but looked marginally better than McDonald) but continued to get worse almost every game with Manutd his worst (getting an unbelievably low whoscored statistic of 5.1 which is a major problem for Fulham, as other teams will demand to watch that game before buying him losing is a few million).

Are you Tony Khan?

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Matt10 on January 14, 2019, 10:49:55 PM
Anyone else just hope Anguissa comes out of no where the rest of the season and dominates the midfield, just so people can shut up already about our recruiting? I know there'll be another scapegoat, but still, this narrative is getting boring.

I think everyone hope Anguissa will improve but even if he does it won't change the fact that he wasn't ready when we needed him and that he has been very poor for us so far. Or to put it another way, it won't change the fact that most of our summer transfer business happened far too late and that we weren't ready for the start of the season.

And THAT is my main critisism. I'm sure many of our summer signings (and our squad as a whole) would have performed a LOT better if they had been here during pre-season. But they weren't.

Even if Anguissa suddenly suddenly transforms into the player we want him to be it won't change the fact that poor rectruitment has ruined our season.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 14, 2019, 11:39:24 PM
Owners and owner's sons never blame themselves or their sons.  It's always someone else's fault. 
We aren't beating the teams occupying the lower part of the table.  First year after promotion, even second year, your job is to survive and build.  But if you can't beat the bottom half enough times to stave off relegation, you don't belong.  No one is seriously saying you should occasionally beat a Liverpool, a ManU or ManC, or Tottenham.  But Burnley?  Cardiff?  You get up for those games and give 110% effort.  This team had a certain chemistry that really worked before certain players left at the end of last season.  That squad, the one that got Fulham promoted, could have beaten the Burnleys of the world.  It's done now.  Not pointing fingers at anyone.  Whoever was responsible for identifying and bringing in the new players had only the best of intentions, I'm sure.   Based on a set of assumptions that on paper might have looked OK.  The Jacksonville Jaguars were the talk of the NFL last season.  Came a hair's breadth from going to Super Bowl.  This year, a terrible disappointment.  You just never know.  A few key players can make all the difference.  Like the loss of Kante did to Leicester. 

Every word rings true for me

domprague

I would gain because I could afford to go to matches again.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

filham

Quote from: nose on January 14, 2019, 09:27:00 PM
I think we all lose but the blame is entirely with the owner. In each year he has repeated the same error in allowing an inexperienced man to run our transfer policy in a pathetic (using the word correctly) manner. Even last season was a joke but we succeded because we had no substantial injury crisis and joca is and remains a genius which i have no doubt whatsoever if he had been allowed he would have proved again. The trigger happy to sack managers and not management approach is shooting us straight through the foot.

We all pay the price for the owner making avoidable errors over and over.
Are we really expected to believe that we had a genius as a head coach who had no input into recruitment of new players. Until shown otherwise Jocanovic has to take blame for the failure of those expensive new players, even if it is only as a member of a team with the power of veto rather than the leader of that team.