watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who loses most?

Started by I Ronic, January 14, 2019, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

Who loses most if we're relegated. The Chairman will lose a wedge of cash and his plans to build a club that's self sustaining will take a big knock. Tony Khan will be held responsible for wasting money on players deemed by most as not good enough (although that wasn't the case when they were brought) Using a system that is and will continue to be ridiculed, despite any of us knowing whose really involved or how it works. Players will be sold to help balance the books and face having to up sticks and move their families across town, to a new town or Country. Most would of failed in their dreams to be the best in the best league in the World. Staff at the Club will be made redundant. For the supporters, most will feel their ST was a waste of money but they'll still buy another as they do because they (most of them) have followed Fulham through good times and plenty of bad ones.
If you want to criticise and moan fair enough. It's a free World and an open forum but I don't believe for a moment that from the Chairman downwards they don't all feel as pi$$ed off as we do. I'd hate to have to go to work day in day out, knowing a whole lot of people thought I was a joke.
So Mr Chairman, Coach, Players and everyone one else at the club I hope things turn round for you soon. I still believe  049:gif

ScalleysDad

The immediate impact on the back ground staff will be the saddest part of relegation should it come to pass. As has been mentioned redundancies, reduced roles and hours and a loss of add ons from media interest to sponsorship will all take their toll. However this current set up is not sustainable and will be wholly reliant on Khan throwing further millions at 'the project' for years simply to maintain the status quo of mediocrity. They have got the sums wrong and the recruitment wrong so to be sustainable, with solid foundations and all those core values we cherish, they need to start over. Motspur Park is fine and thanks and the Riverside project may bring new life to our home ground but I would hope item one on the agenda for the new start is to keep the backroom staff next year as in no way are they to blame for the current decline.

nose returns

I think we all lose but the blame is entirely with the owner. In each year he has repeated the same error in allowing an inexperienced man to run our transfer policy in a pathetic (using the word correctly) manner. Even last season was a joke but we succeded because we had no substantial injury crisis and joca is and remains a genius which i have no doubt whatsoever if he had been allowed he would have proved again. The trigger happy to sack managers and not management approach is shooting us straight through the foot.

We all pay the price for the owner making avoidable errors over and over.

Nero

Ever one blames TK for the signings but look at it, who is recommending these players to him, your not telling me he knew who big Frank was, someone from the scouting department must have said Tony I've got a player here's his report run your stats, or if TKs saying here a player based on stats go scout to the scouting team and they're are coming back and say he brilliant splash the cash. Which way around does it work but I feel the scouting team are getting away with murder and handed Tony a bloodied knife as he walked into the room

davew

I have asked this question several times before and never had a real reply, but will try again! Of the 105m spent in the last window, how much will have been paid out of the owners pocket (net) after allowing for the additional money paid to the club this season, I suspect not that much? Secondly if we do sell our most valuable players i.e. Sess and TC but excluding Mitro (where his fee should be recouped), there will be a substantial profit on the sale of those other 2 players. If most of the huge investment had been out of SK's own funds I would say wow, if it had been invested wisely well another wow, but sadly neither apply!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

spikey norman

Quote from: Nero on January 14, 2019, 10:14:33 PM
Ever one blames TK for the signings but look at it, who is recommending these players to him, your not telling me he knew who big Frank was, someone from the scouting department must have said Tony I've got a player here's his report run your stats, or if TKs saying here a player based on stats go scout to the scouting team and they're are coming back and say he brilliant splash the cash. Which way around does it work but I feel the scouting team are getting away with murder and handed Tony a bloodied knife as he walked into the room

The Talbot's need their P45's asap.

davew

Quote from: Nero on January 14, 2019, 10:14:33 PM
You are probably right but how would TK know any different, he knows fcuk all about football, now turned his attention to wrestling and I wish him well! I wish I could pursuade him to turn his attention and his Dad's funds into golf, Donald Trump does quite well at that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Frank Zambo Anguissa would not have been any decent statisticians choice, because he has a massive "lack of statistical significant data" as all his statistics are in partnership with one midfielder in one formation in one league for one year, any statistician would say he is a good player but huge risk if he can adapt.

If Scouts didn't like him they would have said "i don't know what lack of statistical significant data is, but i don't want him so sounds good enough reason for me not to buy him". A good scout should know how to find a few statistics to scare Tony Khan into not buying a player they don't like.

Of course, the scouts did like him (at least some of them) so they are to blame.

The coaches are also to blame Anguissa started here moderately below standard, but coaches should be able to improve a 23 yo with no EPL experience. Anguissa in his first game didn't play as well as last season against Tottenham (but looked marginally better than McDonald) but continued to get worse almost every game with Manutd his worst (getting an unbelievably low whoscored statistic of 5.1 which is a major problem for Fulham, as other teams will demand to watch that game before buying him losing is a few million).

Matt10

Anyone else just hope Anguissa comes out of no where the rest of the season and dominates the midfield, just so people can shut up already about our recruiting? I know there'll be another scapegoat, but still, this narrative is getting boring.

RaySmith

Quote from: I Ronic on January 14, 2019, 05:58:04 PM
Who loses most if we're relegated. The Chairman will lose a wedge of cash and his plans to build a club that's self sustaining will take a big knock. Tony Khan will be held responsible for wasting money on players deemed by most as not good enough (although that wasn't the case when they were brought) Using a system that is and will continue to be ridiculed, despite any of us knowing whose really involved or how it works. Players will be sold to help balance the books and face having to up sticks and move their families across town, to a new town or Country. Most would of failed in their dreams to be the best in the best league in the World. Staff at the Club will be made redundant. For the supporters, most will feel their ST was a waste of money but they'll still buy another as they do because they (most of them) have followed Fulham through good times and plenty of bad ones.
If you want to criticise and moan fair enough. It's a free World and an open forum but I don't believe for a moment that from the Chairman downwards they don't all feel as pi$$ed off as we do. I'd hate to have to go to work day in day out, knowing a whole lot of people thought I was a joke.
So Mr Chairman, Coach, Players and everyone one else at the club I hope things turn round for you soon. I still believe  049:gif

0001.jpeg

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on January 14, 2019, 10:49:55 PM
Anyone else just hope Anguissa comes out of no where the rest of the season and dominates the midfield, just so people can shut up already about our recruiting? I know there'll be another scapegoat, but still, this narrative is getting boring.

0001.jpeg

I Ronic

0001.jpeg

The Rational Fan

https://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/videos/y=2017/m=6/video=andre-frank-zambo-anguissa-fifa-man-of-the-match-match-7-cameroon-v-au-2897657.html

Anguissa won MOTM against Australia in the Conferations Club 2017 (easily outplaying Aaron Mody that Jokanovic liked), played well against Germany in the same Tournment, when he played PSG he marked Neymar who had a terrible game getting a Red Card and he played well last season in Ligue One against a lot of teams with budgets like Cardiff and Huddersfield.

While i doubt he is good enough against Top 6 teams, he is easily good enough to be better than Chambers against mid-table teams. Fulham need to find a coach that speaks french that gets the best out of Anguissa, getting him playing better than Chambers in midfield and then another coach to teach Chambers to play Centre Back then put Odoi as a super-sub.

Forever Fulham

Owners and owner's sons never blame themselves or their sons.  It's always someone else's fault. 
We aren't beating the teams occupying the lower part of the table.  First year after promotion, even second year, your job is to survive and build.  But if you can't beat the bottom half enough times to stave off relegation, you don't belong.  No one is seriously saying you should occasionally beat a Liverpool, a ManU or ManC, or Tottenham.  But Burnley?  Cardiff?  You get up for those games and give 110% effort.  This team had a certain chemistry that really worked before certain players left at the end of last season.  That squad, the one that got Fulham promoted, could have beaten the Burnleys of the world.  It's done now.  Not pointing fingers at anyone.  Whoever was responsible for identifying and bringing in the new players had only the best of intentions, I'm sure.   Based on a set of assumptions that on paper might have looked OK.  The Jacksonville Jaguars were the talk of the NFL last season.  Came a hair's breadth from going to Super Bowl.  This year, a terrible disappointment.  You just never know.  A few key players can make all the difference.  Like the loss of Kante did to Leicester. 

Logicalman

This and the OP are - by far - the best posts in a very long time on here.
We are ALL royally pi$$ed that we aren't half-way up the table. We are ALL royally pi$$ed that the new signings have not provided as much impact as we wished they could. Nobody has to accept the position we are in and be happy about it, but please, will people stop playing the broken whinging record of finding someone to blame and repeating it every week. News Flash! It doesn't make bugger-all difference to the club or those in charge, all it does is irritate those on here that unfortunately fail to pass by without a read of it.

That said, Happy New Year Chaps and Chapesses, here's to making a great run up the table and safety.  C O Y W

#StillBelieving

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Rational Fan

It's worth remembering Southampton also wanted Anguissa, who are a more established premier league team than us. Tony Khans advisors are no dumber than Southampton, especially as the Saints  have more options for top players being more established in the EPL. It seems they wanted to offer him "$4 million per year for 3 years" and we offered "$5 million per year for 5 years". https://saintsmarching.com/2018/02/28/southampton-reported-target-andre-frank-zambo-anguissa/

The Rational Fan

Interestingly, Southampton wanted to keep Targett LB unless we would pay $5 million per year and they bought Stuart Armstrong CM for $2 million per year. Fulham decided instead to buy Anguissa CM for $5 million per year and Bryan LB for $2 million per year.

So for $7 million per year we could have got a LB and CM conbination of  "Targett and Stuart Armstrong" or "Anguissa and Bryan", while we probably made the wrong choice, it still highly debatable, as all these players have failed to make the bench some games.

..FOF..

The rich plays a different game than the rest of us called Corporate Tax law.

They can earn billions and legally pay zero tax.

In this case of Fulham, a bad investment is actually good as long as the rich have other profitable business.... tax write off.

I think Shahid Khan is a smart man and do know how to play the corporate law game, so don't worry it is all good for him:)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 15, 2019, 12:37:47 AM

In this case of Fulham, a bad investment is actually good as long as the rich have other profitable business.... tax write off.

I think Shahid Khan is a smart man and do know how to play the corporate law game, so don't worry it is all good for him:)
'
Nonsense, "The Khans" hate bad investments.

Besides even if "The Khans" want to lose $35 million.  I am sure they would prefer to spend $200 million on players, come 7th in the league EPL and lose $35 million; than spend $100 million on players, come 17th-19th in the EPL and lose $35 million.

..FOF..

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 15, 2019, 12:57:26 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 15, 2019, 12:37:47 AM

'
Nonsense, "The Khans" hate bad investments.

Besides even if "The Khans" want to lose $35 million.  I am sure they would prefer to spend $200 million on players, come 7th in the league EPL and lose $35 million; than spend $100 million on players, come 17th-19th in the EPL and lose $35 million.

I did not said that they don't hate bad investments..... I don't know them personally.

I'm just saying that don't worry so much about them, they are not the one who loses the most:)